Sign in to follow this  
polosim

SimWorks Studios Pilatus PC-12 released

31 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Another opinion that agrees with mine.

This -> I’m convinced that this is the most accurate a PC-12 given the MSFS physics models limitations.? LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

21 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

This -> I’m convinced that this is the most accurate a PC-12 given the MSFS physics models limitations.? LOL

Nice an selective. That's the way 😉

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Yesterday, to be honest, I was finding it a bit frustrating flying the PC12 in the circuit.

However today I've listened to the advice on how it needs to be flown, that is accurately to its real world counterpart's speeds on take off and landing, and I've reset my TPR rudders to default, removing a dead zone I'd put in, and set up a rudder trim on my yoke. And you know what, I'm now really enjoying it, it needs to be flown accurately and in trim and I like and respect that, it's making me work hard in the circuit.

Maybe a statement on the marketing page that the PC12 has a "study level" flight model and as such needs to be flown accurately to real world procedures would alert simmers that this aircraft needs to be actually flown properly.. and that's a good thing, a very good thing in fact.

I'm as guilty as anyone of just getting in a new aircraft and blasting off and arrogantly thinking I can fly it without reading or training, well on this occasion that's come back and bitten me.

Today , better understanding the required techniques and actually flying it like a real aircraft my take offs and touch and goes have been stable and straight down the centreline, and very rewarding. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

8 minutes ago, jon b said:

Today , better understanding the required techniques and actually flying it like a real aircraft my take offs and touch and goes have been stable and straight down the centreline, and very rewarding. 

Ditto Jon. I had a very similar experience with this plane at first, and now like you, I am enjoying it immensely!

-B

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, btacon said:

and now like you, I am enjoying it immensely!

That's great to hear

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

If I recall, there was a similar learning curve with their Kodiak upon release.  After rotation, the airplane (Kodiak) would stall and spin into the ground.  

I know they did some tweaking, but learning how to set takeoff trim was important. I also only use 1 notch of flap instead of 2.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

The air to ground physics transition is should be improved for all aircraft in SU15 if I understood the last Asobo Q&A correctly.

edit: No I misremembered, sorry

Edited by Tuskin38

NOTAM: [PC-12 - Assistance\Autorudder]
If you want a laugh, turn on Autorudder in the assistance menu.  Now take off in the PC-12, and try to land the plane. It is close to impossible!  The plane rolls but does not track right and other oddities occur that make you feel that you're flying in an alternate reality, subject to different aerodynamic physics!  😄

What I'm really saying here is, be very careful in checking that you don't have autorudder on, in the assitance menu, when flying the PC-12.

It messes the PC-12 up like it's never messed anything up before.  I guess this is related to how the interconnected ailerons and rudder have been coded.  The only reason I found this, is because I have one LSA aircraft (the Bristol B23 from Marketplace) that tends to be more enjoyable with autorudder on. (Enhances ground control greatly).  I'd accidentally left it one and then loaded up the PC-12.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

40 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

If I recall, there was a similar learning curve with their Kodiak upon release.

I own the Kodiak and I enjoy it a lot. However the feedback so far leads me to believe that both planes share a common denominator in that "being a handful" to fly is considered to be an indicator for a realistic flight model.

I'm on the fence for the PC-12 and so far like what I've seen and read in several videos, threads and on the developers Discord. I will hold off until the takeoff and landing characteristics have been tweaked to somewhat more reasonable, because an aircraft that drives you off the runway if you exceed the rotation speed by 10 knots doesn't exist in the whole aviation world. Although I have only flown light single engine pistons irl and no turboprop so far I am pretty sure that basic characteristics of any airplane are the same from the C152 to the A380, and that includes not killing you if you apply sensible control inputs.

Here is what the FAA has to say in FAR Part23:

23.2135 Controllability.

(a) The airplane must be controllable and maneuverable, without requiring exceptional piloting skill, alertness, or strength, within the operating envelope -

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Here is what the FAA has to say in FAR Part23:

23.2135 Controllability.

(a) The airplane must be controllable and maneuverable, without requiring exceptional piloting skill, alertness, or strength, within the operating envelope -

"Exceptional skills" is skill or strength capabilities that exceed that of the anticipated pilot population (c). And no you can't jump from 150 to 380 without killing yourself.

Before we get into further discussion you need to master 61.107, then 61.127, then 61.157 and then may be you  join pilot population 😉 

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

how do you remove the pilot and copilot from my view, empty payload doesn't work.

clicking the headrest does it .

Edited by jhnWik

2 hours ago, jhnWik said:

how do you remove the pilot and copilot from my view, empty payload doesn't work.

clicking the headrest does it .

I believe you click on the seat headrest.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

12 hours ago, jon b said:

Yesterday, to be honest, I was finding it a bit frustrating flying the PC12 in the circuit.

However today I've listened to the advice on how it needs to be flown, that is accurately to its real world counterpart's speeds on take off and landing, and I've reset my TPR rudders to default, removing a dead zone I'd put in, and set up a rudder trim on my yoke. And you know what, I'm now really enjoying it, it needs to be flown accurately and in trim and I like and respect that, it's making me work hard in the circuit.

Maybe a statement on the marketing page that the PC12 has a "study level" flight model and as such needs to be flown accurately to real world procedures would alert simmers that this aircraft needs to be actually flown properly.. and that's a good thing, a very good thing in fact.

I'm as guilty as anyone of just getting in a new aircraft and blasting off and arrogantly thinking I can fly it without reading or training, well on this occasion that's come back and bitten me.

"I'm as guilty as anyone of just getting in a new aircraft and blasting off and arrogantly thinking I can fly it without reading or training, well on this occasion that's come back and bitten me."

We should put your statement in bold letters on the first page of the whole forum, so everyone has to read this first.

Thank you ....

Kind regards

Detlef

• Like 1

I'm struggeling to master the landings. I wish SWS would do a tutorial like A2A or PMDG did on the DC6. Anyone know a good tutorial on the landing part? 

Also switching the aircraft on in the dark is almost impossable. I need to set it to daylight to find the Bat switch and than go back to real time. 

Well the comment in that video about aircraft in this sim transitioning from ground to flight mode at a certain point, and then seeing what that means in the PC-12, has certainly opened my eyes.

I see this behaviour a lot with GAs in MSFS, especially in bad weather/windy conditions.

It's very ugly if you ask me, that veering off the runway, wings starting to roll, I see it so much with GA planes I hardly bother flying them in MSFS, but it's nice to finally get an explanation of the sudden, abrupt behaviour - I hope Asobo have some plans to deal with it.