Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Update ATC Very Acceptable

I have flown about 8 flights using the new atc default atc and have had good luck. Flights in the TBM, FSR500, and the PMDG737. Completed gate to gate with no issues using simbrief. Just wondering if anyone else has tried. I have FSHUD and like it, buti it is nice not to have the over vectoring you get with FSHUD. I used the asure voices and was wondering the more for the default atc or is this all. Also used FSTL with good luck.

• Like 4

Chris Chiozza

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

I have flown about 8 flights using the new atc default atc and have had good luck. Flights in the TBM, FSR500, and the PMDG737. Completed gate to gate with no issues using simbrief. Just wondering if anyone else has tried. I have FSHUD and like it, buti it is nice not to have the over vectoring you get with FSHUD. I used the asure voices and was wondering the more for the default atc or is this all. Also used FSTL with good luck.

Thanks for the heads up SP. I almost exclusively fly IFR, so this would be a much welcomed improvement.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I'm not do lucky. Still losing ATC. Started to hate that Ghost Lady Controller voice. 😀

So it's just matter of time when you guys will lose ATC.

6 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Yah except for the "goodbye" and "continue" phraseology 

Those are real ... you just have not heard enough variation in phraseology.

11 hours ago, cchiozza said:

I still have to test, but I became such a fan of FSHUD that I can no longer play p3d or MFS without it... Regarding the overdone vectoring, make sure you always edit the departure and arrival settings and force SID and STAR.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

11 hours ago, cchiozza said:

Also used FSTL with good luck.

For me, FSLTL (default settings) makes the ATC go silent after a short time. I tested it for a few days in several IFR flights from various international airports in Europe (high traffic).

2 days ago I removed it and the ATC returned to normal. Most probably too many calls put the ATC service on its knees. 

On a side note, loading times are much higher when I DON'T use the map enhancer.

I believe that the servers that MS dedicated to MSFS are really overloaded these days.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I'm doing a flight from Helsinki. There's a waypoint called HK804 and ATC keeps saying "...continue to 804 Honk Kong Dollars" 😀

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Default ATC is not great but I've got used to it.  I think that "Beyond ATC" Is really going to be a game changer though when it is released from what I've seen of it so far.  Not sure how that will deal with local ATC where whilst English can be used, local traffic communicates in local languages. Au revoir.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Good news!

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, Drebin27 said:

I'm doing a flight from Helsinki. There's a waypoint called HK804 and ATC keeps saying "...continue to 804 Honk Kong Dollars" 😀

I've heard it say yesterday: "There's a Boeing 737 Maximum on the runway".

• Like 3

So

7 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I've heard it say yesterday: "There's a Boeing 737 Maximum on the runway".

So apparently the FS ATC is in such dire need for personel that they hired dyslexic controllers. 😉

After seeing this thread I decided to give it another go and am flying with it now but there is a show stopper right away for me. Every time I hit Scroll Lock to bring up the ATC interaction window it causes stutters. Same when I press it again to put it away. What on earth is causing that? That never used to be a thing. That cannot be right, surely?

Any ideas what is causing this?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

6 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Every time I hit Scroll Lock

Change the binding to another key? Just to test whether there's anything going on with that assigned button.

No issue when I used ATC yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter