(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

• Like 2

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

9 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Change the binding to another key? Just to test whether there's anything going on with that assigned button.

No issue when I used ATC yesterday.

Nope, same not matter what.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

It's not just the ATC window. It's when I bring up any of the windows you can call up such as weight and balance, ATC etc.

Regardless, this prevents the use of ATC as far as I'm concerned. What on earth is causing this, I wonder.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I just flew KLAX-KLAS a few minutes ago. ATC actually cleared me to descend on time, and it gave me all of the proper altitudes all the way through the RNDRZ2 STAR.

Even more astounding is that I used the com2 radio to check ATIS both on the ground at KLAX, and on decent into KLAS and I didn't lose a voice. Usually when I do that I lose the ability to hear either my FO, or the controller. 

And no stutters when I pop up the window.

• Like 5

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

23 minutes ago, Jazz said:

It's not just the ATC window. It's when I bring up any of the windows you can call up such as weight and balance, ATC etc.

Regardless, this prevents the use of ATC as far as I'm concerned. What on earth is causing this, I wonder.

You can respond to ATC without pulling the window up, just hit the number keys. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

You can respond to ATC without pulling the window up, just hit the number keys. 

I know that fella but if you don't know the number you need to look at the window.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

I know that fella but if you don't know the number you need to look at the window.

I also don't get any stutters when opening the ATC window, definitely something odd going on there.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Alright so please get me up to date since I haven't been using default ATC since 2020: Does it give you a SID/STAR even if you don't choose one from the flight start menu? Does it change runway and SID/STAR accordingly when wind changes?
What's left that doesn't work in the default ATC?

21 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I also don't get any stutters when opening the ATC window, definitely something odd going on there.

Yes, I agree and to be honest, it was the straw that broke the camels back and pushed me to move to Windows 11 today. I shut down the flight and decided to bite the bullet.

I had planned to do this when I switched from a 5800X to a 5800X3D last month but got lazy. Today, I decided to just get on with it. Windows is now installed and I'm going through the motions of installing everything.

I will be interested to see if this is still a thing when all is set up again.

I put some beers in the fridge for the long night ahead. See you on the other side 😆

• Like 2

How brave 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 minute ago, St Mawgan said:

How brave 

I know, it's a hard life sometimes, isn't it 😆

My first duel is navigating the changes to Windows. Probably going to be my most epic battle of the entire process to be honest. 🙂

The most annoying thing I dislike with the ATC is when they pronounce "four" the number as "for".  

Eg.  "Contact London on one three, f' decimal one five".

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Overall it's an improvement - what I've noticed so far:

• Clearance for next step in climb to cruise altitude now come early, so I didn't have to level off at each stage - I was able to almost climb continuously to cruise altitude.
  • Runway assignments were taken from my Simbrief-created flight plan which I had selected for the prevailing surfaces winds at that time.
  • On one flight the big surprise came in the approach phase and the fact that the wind at shifted about 180 degrees.  Instead of a mild headwind aligned with my initial approach selection I now had a 24 kt. tailwind! This would have created a giant Cluster-***k with the previous ATC iteration.
    • I found the ATC menu now had a choice to change runway, so I chose the opposite runway from my original plan. At this point, however, ATC was still using my original approach and adding "circle to land."
    • I then chose a proper approach for the new runway, ATC accepted it and everything went well - I was able to set down with the 24 kt. headwind.  I hope this is an option that will now be available for all airports - we'll see.

When I had checked ATIS for this airport during descent the "active runway" was proper for the wind change.  However, ATC was still following my original flight plan and approach selection at that point, but for the first time in  my experience I was able to request proper changes.  In the past I would have been able to request a different approach (but they would still have assigned the wrong runway).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Randall Rocke

How do you use a simbrief plight plan so the sim uses that? I usually fly the fenix and loads into that..what about the sim itself?

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

12 minutes ago, vonduck said:

How do you use a simbrief plight plan so the sim uses that? I usually fly the fenix and loads into that..what about the sim itself?

I use simbrief downloader on the website.

• Like 1