Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

22 minutes ago, Noel said:

Wow, and I think we have similar screens, 3440x1440?  Graphics anomalies with NV FG too?  Ouch

I only have 12Gb to work with and in DX12 which I prefer I always seem to stay under that and am not having stuttering at all now.   

Just the known ones the everybody has, 12 GB works fine for me in DX12 with GA if I stay away from 3rd party airports, but I run in 3440x1440 full Ultra.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I was looking at the issues section for this Hack on Github and noticed Core Isolation being referred too by a couple of people saying they have run it without issue.

Anybody here know what they mean by Core Isolation? I've never heard of it.

4 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

I was looking at the issues section for this Hack on Github and noticed Core Isolation being referred too by a couple of people saying they have run it without issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/device-protection-in-windows-security-afa11526-de57-b1c5-599f-3a4c6a61c5e2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

6 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

it's a wi

3 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

you could get a performance improvement when you shut this off, not sure if this is still the case

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

34 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Just the known ones the everybody has, 12 GB works fine for me in DX12 with GA if I stay away from 3rd party airports, but I run in 3440x1440 full Ultra.

Have a 10 GB on a 3080, flight GA as well but in dense area (love big airports in small plane) or highly detail sceneries (I put a lot of object in my scenery) and reach the limit of my VRAM (>90%) with crash or huge stutter if I select DX12. Getting back to DX11 for now. Waiting for improvment on memory management when DX12.

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

38 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I have to disagree.

35fps may look fine on its own, but how many can maintain that with full traffic, perhaps dozens of AI planes going everywhichway; taxiing.... ground vehicles speeding by, people walking back and forth in Boston terminal, boats streaming merrily on thier way, heavy cloud cover, a big city right on your doorstep, and your Fenix airplane sucking up the frames like a crazed teenager scarfing coke and pizza.......

I need every compensatory frame I can get, and I'm very hapy with my 40-series card.

Great that the AMD crowd can join the party!

My point is and always was as stated, WHEN you can maintain perfectly smooth animation in any plane anywhere adding more FPS over 35 adds very little.  You're using an argument for more horsepower and most of what you refer to has more to do w/ CPU than GPU.  Because of my now 3+ y/o hardware, primarily it's the CPU, I do limit traffic but where I have FSLTL now gives me enough ground and air traffic to make the experience sufficiently realistic.  My next purchase will be a better CPU, not a new GPU.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 minutes ago, pilotter said:

you could get a performance improvement when you shut this off, not sure if this is still the case

Absolutely, and not only for gaming.

I've even disabled the TPM hardware completely in BIOS, along with virtualization.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Well Microsoft doesn't allow me to change some of the setting on my own computer. If I search in in setting for Core Isolation I get a message acknowledging that it is there but I'm not allowed to change the setting. A-holes!

Just tried it on my system 7900x3d  + 3080 10GB. Fenix a320  90FPS on ground at KDTW  maintains well above 60FPS on rotation and 100FPS in air.  Yea it seems to be the real deal.  The budget for the 4000 series card has been reallocated 🙂

Edited by wiler
  • Like 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

My point is and always was as stated, WHEN you can maintain perfectly smooth animation in any plane anywhere adding more FPS over 35 adds very little.  You're using an argument for more horsepower and most of what you refer to has more to do w/ CPU than GPU.  Because of my now 3+ y/o hardware, primarily it's the CPU, I do limit traffic but where I have FSLTL now gives me enough ground and air traffic to make the experience sufficiently realistic.  My next purchase will be a better CPU, not a new GPU.

I have a 13600k currently at 5.1ghz and can still get hitches at sufficiently large airports at higher settings and certain addons active. Frame generation absolutely helps alleviate that, even with a powerful CPU. (And I also give credit to asobo for their ongoing optimizations!)

I'm not sure what you're using that got/gets you perfect smoothness in all situations at 35 fps, but I know I absolutely hated things like last minute stutters when on final into large busy airports, and FG made a noticeable night and day difference to the feeling of realism for me.

To me at least, FPS and smoothness are synonymous.

Plus, I need that better GPU for VR!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

49 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

To me at least, FPS and smoothness are synonymous.

You'd quickly abandon this belief if you see what I see at modest frame rates.  I have the funds to buy 100 RTX 4090 but I don't.  Why?  Cheapskate?  Nope, just hardly makes a difference.  How do I know, as I've said over and over:  I've witnessed 70FPS even with perfect frame timing and the difference between it, and 35 with how I'm setup, is just paltry.  Oh it's there for sure, but as you point out what REALLY matters, is freedom from all stutters and the perception of ultra smooth animation.  I don't have last minute hiccoughs upon arrival and that since enabling HAGS.  Flying into EGLL last evening I had not the hint of any kind of stutter in the PMDG 738 all the way to the gate.  I know, it's hard to believe until you've personally seen it.  I've also said over and over the higher the frame rate the less sterlingly low FTV will come into play.  So sure, getting a frame rate of 80 means less than perfect frame timing will be much less visible, so we can agree on that.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

21 minutes ago, Noel said:

I've witnessed 70FPS even with perfect frame timing and the difference between it, and 35 with how I'm setup, is just paltry.

Instead of arguing this point over and over, I think it would be more productive to recognize that some people are just more sensitive to framerate than others. As someone who happily played Stunt Race FX on SNES back in the day, lived with 15-20fps on FS5-2002, and always sacrificed fps in order to crank settings to ultra on modest hardware, suffice it to say I'm not one to obsess over framerates. But I do see the difference between 30, 60, and even greater framerates, and for people who digest a lot of content at higher framerates, I can see how anything below 60 in MSFS starts to become unacceptable.

So for you, 35fps may be perfectly fine, but you can't just make blanket statements saying it should hardly make a difference to others as long as their frame timing is perfect.

I think a good analogy is the "smoothing" (aka soap opera) effect on pretty much all modern TV's. I personally can't stand it, to the point where I've asked friends if I can turn it off on their TV if we're having a Netflix marathon. There are plenty of people who barely notice the effect it or actually prefer it. But I'm not going to try and convince those people they are wrong when we are obviously seeing things differently.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Funky D said:

But I do see the difference between 30, 60, and even greater framerates

And as I've said, I see the difference as well, there is an absolute difference, no question.   Would I use the hack here if it didn't involved graphic artifacts?  Of course, more frame rate is always better unless stuttering and poorer FTV under the stuttering radar ensues.  And I can appreciate some will find high frame rates very compelling.  But I can also say with near certainly none of these same people have seen 35 with the kind of frame time variance in the graph below which came from last night's flight to Heathrow. IOW, it's not "35FPS" which everyone here tries reduce this to, just like you just did.  I've witnessed 30 to 35 FPS for decades prior to my optimization last year as well and it does not compare favorably with 35FPS now at this level of FTV.  Everyone here has scoffed at this except for a few that actually took the time to setup correctly and also discovered incomparable smoothness at modest frame rates.   

spacer.png

spacer.png

Noel