Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Unfortunately the ghosting is also off the charts 🙃

 

41 minutes ago, MOD71 said:

I had ghosting / artifacts at the edges of the aircraft windows when on the ground, increasing as speed increased. I turned off motion blur and lens correction and that solved those issues for me. You might want to give it a try if you have them enabled.  

Would be very interested to know if this works. 

Noel, if you still have the mode installed and try this, can you please share your result? I went back to vanilla and am avoiding fiddle with it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheGorge said:

Hey, if you installed your simulator a long time ago, it was installed on a locked folder and you can't modify those files. Some time ago Asobo started installing all simulators on the C:/XboxGames folder, which is a folder you can modify. To avoid uninstalling all the simulator follow this steps:

- Open XBOX app. Install it thru the MS Store if you don't have it.

- Log in

- Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator and select "Manage"

- On the General settings, select Enable, under the Advanced management features:

spacer.png

- This will move all your files to the C:/XboxGames folder. No files are lost.

I tried this and it just copied the files and didn't move them. The original folder still exists with all the files. I wonder if I can delete it?

The good news is, I was then able to copy the two files into the new xbox folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder will there be any further updates to dlssg-to-fsr3-0.70 . Hope so. At some point no doubt we'll official support. Sooner the better. I did report the ghosting issue with overlays to the developer. He said: "This artifacting happens when games don't supply a HUD-less color buffer. FSR's optical flow analysis incorrectly picks up HUD elements as being part of the game world and tries to interpolate them." I think and hope he is working on a 0.80. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t get this to work in a usable way no matter what settings I fudge around with - I also tried .5,.6,.7 of the mod. Using a 3080.
It is working and looks good until I start moving and then the g1000 looks like a jumbled puzzle and there are random tears in the screen all around the glareshield and  city skylines in the distance flicker all over the place.

messed with vsync in app and in the control panel, all types of taa,FAA, etc , spent over an hour trying every setting I could. 

is there a specific driver version of Nvidia that confirmed works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use TAA with frame generation to avoid blurred gauges. Everything is good except I found ground textures are blurry at some angle from viewpoint. At high altitude its around 45 degrees. On approach it's 20-30 degrees. Maximized all settings without success. If I change to DLSS textures are crisp at any angle.🤷🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

 

Would be very interested to know if this works. 

Noel, if you still have the mode installed and try this, can you please share your result? I went back to vanilla and am avoiding fiddle with it again.

I've always had motion blur and lens correction off, FWIW to your question.  It happens to 2D windows whenever any zoom or panning is happening, which is an absolute show stopper.  As is well known by now for me 95% of the entire performance question is solved when you have near perfect frame time variance, zero stutters, at a minimum of 34-35 FPS.  Doubling frame rate to 68-70?  Adds 5% more value for my experience.  And...we're told by the team that 2024 will improve performance greatly, some of which will presumably be used to process new features, but a lot will just reduce processing loads if sliders are kept the same, and it seems quite likely on the CPU side w/ enhanced multithreading.

I joined you as well, deleted the mod which wasn't ready for prime time but worth keeping an eye on.

  • Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noel said:

I've always had motion blur and lens correction off, FWIW to your question.  It happens to 2D windows whenever any zoom or panning is happening, which is an absolute show stopper.  As is well known by now for me 95% of the entire performance question is solved when you have near perfect frame time variance, zero stutters, at a minimum of 34-35 FPS.  Doubling frame rate to 68-70?  Adds 5% more value for my experience.  And...we're told by the team that 2024 will improve performance greatly, some of which will presumably be used to process new features, but a lot will just reduce processing loads if sliders are kept the same, and it seems quite likely on the CPU side w/ enhanced multithreading.

I joined you as well, deleted the mod which wasn't ready for prime time but worth keeping an eye on.

I hear you. Spent a bit of time trying to make it work for my setup. I even ignored distortions on the map and might have lived with ghosting in external view. But having cockpit instrumention all over the place was a show stopper. 

Will wait for FS24 if I can wait, otherwise upgrade my PC. In any case let's see how this mod evolves and if it gets official support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, joeym4130 said:

is there a specific driver version of Nvidia that confirmed works?

It works - with the know artefact and memory consumption - for my 3080 and 3060 with the latest 546.33.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/uploads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

But having cockpit instrumention all over the place was a show stopper. 

No issues in the cockpit here. Tested on several aircraft including PMDG737, A32NX, G1000s...

546.31 drivers, framerate capped at 60 fps via NVCP.


7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

No issues in the cockpit here. Tested on several aircraft including PMDG737, A32NX, G1000s...

546.31 drivers, framerate capped at 60 fps via NVCP.

I have similar system, whats your settings in MSFS ?   


7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Sadly i do not have another 157gb on the same drive for this trick... 

Actually, it does only move 2.1 GB. This has been reported from many others. The real content folder with official and community folders is not gonna moved. So, don't worry!


- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nemo said:

Actually, it does only move 2.1 GB. This has been reported from many others. The real content folder with official and community folders is not gonna moved. So, don't worry!

Yhh i am aware...unfortunately it will not let you to proceed without 157gb free on the disk.  


Roi Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to try this FG thing and I tested it for several flights with the FBW A320, the Fenix A320, the DC-6 and other GA planes and it works quite well. I have a 5900x coupled with a rtx 3080, after few attempts I decided to limit the fps at 59 with the Nvidia panel and I found the sweet point. It's not perfect, there is light stutter with dense clouds, but it's flyable much better than before, when I locked the fps at 30. Another great success from the free devs side, and shame to Nvidia to restrict this feauture just to the 4.XXX series.


Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...