Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

44 minutes ago, Noel said:

Yeah, it did display the doubled rate.  I'm using DX12, and this is not the mod as I uninstalled it, but this is the OSD that displayed 70 when I was set at 35.  The 35 was visible using Shift-Z.  Also MrBitst, if you uninstalled the mod definitely retain HAGS on. 

spacer.png

I just tried V0.7 of the mod.  Without the MOD I get the smooth display and FTV at RTSS set to 35fps.  With the MOD and RTSS set to 70, I only manage to get 61fps with stutterry FTV values.  If I set RTSS to 35fps, both RTSS OSD and GeForce Experience both display the FPS as 35fps.

I would have assumed at 70fps, my FTV would be the same at 70fps as 35fps without the mod, but it certainly isn't.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

4 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I just tried V0.7 of the mod.  Without the MOD I get the smooth display and FTV at RTSS set to 35fps.  With the MOD and RTSS set to 70, I only manage to get 61fps with stutterry FTV values.  If I set RTSS to 35fps, both RTSS OSD and GeForce Experience both display the FPS as 35fps.

I would have assumed at 70fps, my FTV would be the same at 70fps as 35fps without the mod, but it certainly isn't.

FWIW, which may not be much, I had NVCP set to a max rate of 1000, which I assumed meant unlocked.  Then set up the mod as per guidance, except used RTSS as we always do, and ended up with that result.  I just finished a flight so can experiment a bit back w/ the latest version.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

This thread has cost me £1300!!!!! I was perfectly happy with my 3070 but as I'm not prepared to hack the sim I've bought an RTX4080 because, due to this nonsense, my obsessive FPS anxiety has returned after over a year free of it. And this frame generation malarkey better be worth it!! 😃

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

This thread has cost me £1300!!!!! I was perfectly happy with my 3070 but as I'm not prepared to hack the sim I've bought an RTX4080 because, due to this nonsense, my obsessive FPS anxiety has returned after over a year free of it. And this frame generation malarkey better be worth it!! 😃

Same here. I disabled the whole thing. So many things going wrong.

It also made me want to update my 3070 but so far I am holding strong.

looking forward to hear if you think the upgrade is worth it

Ron

• Like 1

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

1 hour ago, Noel said:

@MrFuzzy:  have you had this mod work w/ no graphic aberrations?

I have artifacts only on the 2D elements (ATC window, HUD overlay, top toolbar...). 

Aircraft and scenery look exactly as without FG.

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Ok same here.  I wonder if they will get 2D resolved.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

50 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Well, it was me that forgot, was confused.  I set RTSS up to 70, and presumably actual was 35--that from Shift-z Stats.  What's odd is that GPU use went way up suggesting it's using the GPU differently because normally, when set at 35 GPU would be around 65% or so, it's 91% here:

spacer.png

Noel

Never mind getting a 4000 series card just us a TV with frame interpolation for display and set you Refresh rate to 29hz for FG on for a gloriously smooth 60fps on screen.

lol I have amd fluid motion running in dx 11 with 7900xx 24gb, only thing I miss now id FSR3.0

• Like 2

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

one thing for me that is really noticeable is the clouds are pixelated. Is this from the FG or is it always that bad , lol??

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Well, it was me that forgot, was confused.

Whoa, I was having graphics problems a month ago so swapped the displayport cable for HDMI to troubleshoot.  I just replaced it with a displayport cable, so my monitors refresh rate is now 240Hz.  Now the MOD enables 70FPS using FG,  my G-Sync is now working great!

I have a stable 70FPS, good FTV and G-Sync working - the smoothness is off the charts!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

the smoothness is off the charts!

Unfortunately the ghosting is also off the charts 🙃

Noel

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

I have artifacts only on the 2D elements (ATC window, HUD overlay, top toolbar...). 

Aircraft and scenery look exactly as without FG.

I had ghosting / artifacts at the edges of the aircraft windows when on the ground, increasing as speed increased. I turned off motion blur and lens correction and that solved those issues for me. You might want to give it a try if you have them enabled.  

• Like 1

Murray Dreyer

One thing this experience has taught me is that SU14 brought really nice stability improvements. Going back to fluid DX12 after the not-so-smooth fg hack was a nice reaffirmation of just how solid MSFS is right now.

Of course, would love for FG to iron out the niggles, but the base is pretty sweet.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea