Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

P3D v 6.1 is now available

15 hours ago, BokChoy said:

Upgraded to 6.1.38 with no problem. Screen note says Upgrade successful. However, if I now try to run any mission/scenario in  the sim, it immediately crashes to the desktop. Cannot run any scenarios. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Try deleting you cfg folder

With a full P3d download does one install Content, Core and Scenery to upgrade to 6.1XX?

Will you lose your addons already installed to .035 by doing this?

I am strongly considering re-installing v6. I am currently on v5.4 but with the holidays upon us and plenty of time to tinker around is it worth making the jump? I am very interested in the DLSS support as well and any feedback you folks can give re performance.

Edited by ywg256

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

With a full P3d download does one install Content, Core and Scenery to upgrade to 6.1XX?

No, just run "Setup_Prepar3D.exe" as administrator.

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

Will you lose your addons already installed to .035 by doing this?

No.

I did a clean installation of 6.1.38. I guess it's just a habit of mine to delete the old stuff and install the new.

Pete Locascio

I did another full download of V6.

I ran the install and it would abort the start up after the install.

Then I ran the repair function and now appears all is well.

8 hours ago, ywg256 said:

I am very interested in the DLSS support as well and any feedback you folks can give re performance.

Performance and visual quality is excellent with FSR2, haven't tried DLSS yet.  No other AA settings needed on 4K res setup.  Performance is excellent.

Performance and visual quality are excellent with DLSS and max sharpening. I have disabled MSAA now. Too bad there aren't any officially supported aircraft for this sim. It doesn't look half bad. Not XP12 or MSFS level, but definitely passable and default AC flies nice. So does the Dash 8 Q400 by Majestic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies. I think i will install 6.1 when i get back to town in a few days. Do some tinkering.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

I will buy P3Dv6.1 later this week. What I read it's a big improvement over 6,0

All A2A aircraft work fine by just pointing the installer. Any freeware aircraft that work in V5 works in V6.

• Like 1

Vic green

23 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Performance and visual quality are excellent with DLSS and max sharpening. I have disabled MSAA now. Too bad there aren't any officially supported aircraft for this sim. It doesn't look half bad. Not XP12 or MSFS level, but definitely passable and default AC flies nice. So does the Dash 8 Q400 by Majestic. 

Majestic Dash 8 is.

Well, I would like to try the DLSS in P3dv6, but I would have to get a 4000 series GPU 😕

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Well, I would like to try the DLSS in P3dv6, but I would have to get a 4000 series GPU 😕

Wait till the 5090 is released you may see some second hand 4090 commonly used by MSFS users according to the survey.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4090 plus a new PSU.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS