Sign in to follow this  
Franz007

X-Plane shining in last navigraph-result

8 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

No more new high quality 3party airports/aircraft to enjoy. Software devs are going for the userbase and money.

While there are a handful of XP devs who have jumped ship to MSFS, the vast majority still seem to be sticking with X-Plane.

We'll see if that continues to be the case, or if XP begins to go down the same path that P3D did and XP devs are forced to jump ship in order to support their livelihoods.

However, so far as we know, XP's user base continues to grow year over year (at least judging by multiple Navigraph results and LRs hiring spree), so "P3D syndrome" isn't yet showing outward signs.

And if you think about it, there has ALWAYS been a LOT more scenery & aircraft devs who AREN'T dev'ing for X-Plane, so, what - really - is new?

Other than X-Plane v12 is, by leaps and bounds, the best XP ever. I mean think about it - the ONLY thing MSFS has a solid lead in is literally ground scenery.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, turbomax said:

my "self worth" is the greatest, I have at least 6 simulators currently.

Those are rookie numbers, bro - ROOKIE!!! 🤣

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

the ONLY thing MSFS has a solid lead in is literally ground scenery.

you have obviously never heard of or used workingtitle avionics. price: $ 0,00

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

you have obviously never heard of or used workingtitle avionics. price: $ 0,00

Of course I have - been following them since they were still just another open source freeware dev.

It was a smart move by MS/Asobo to encourage & even (perhaps) to bring them aboard. They've, by all accounts, vastly increased the fidelity of the nav systems.

And, sure, LR would be well advised to at least be making progress on theirs in a similar manner.

OTOH, I've never gotten lost using LRs G1000s, and I fly plenty of other instrument suites, so i'm perhaps not the best example.

But therein is the point: despite WT's stellar work that we get for free, it's not something that seems to materially affect all that many users, unlike the view out the window of every single plane for every single player every single time they fly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

airflow visualisation over terrain and around the aircraft. 

6 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

the ONLY thing MSFS has a solid lead in is literally ground scenery.

like airflow generation and visualisation over terrain and over the airplane. probably "doesn't affect all that many users" either 😃. enjoy x-plane as best as you can, but don't fantasize about MSFS in the x-plane forum. the users next door in the MSFS forum will gladly listen to your thoughts about MSFS.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

26 minutes ago, turbomax said:

airflow visualisation over terrain and around the aircraft.

Hmm…visualisation? XP can visualize the airflows around the aircraft and over topography as well. But you wanted to talk about simulating it and not visualize it, right?

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Posted (edited)

I would be interested to see airflow over terrain and how it affects the airplane, I haven't seen that in x-plane yet. I wasn't talking about lift/drag vectors that we have seen in x-plane since day 1. 

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

very nice.

Posted (edited)

Hmmm

After their most successfull launch ever with XP12, in 12 months Laminar increased their market share of flight simmers serious enough to fill in a survey for free from 35% to getting on for 70%

in the first 4 months of MSFS, post launch their active user count decreased by 70%.(and this clearly hasnt been made up by the disastrous xbox series x sales)

As we've heard, there's lots of people asking for the likes of the CL650 in MSFS. Which developer/s are people begging convert their MS products to xplane?

Seems to me xplane is and we are probably better off without developers more interested in making money and following the hype than passionately making a great product.

But someone tell me again how all this is such a bad result for xplane and laminar.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 3

AutoATC Developer

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mSparks said:

there's lots of people asking for the likes of the CL650 in MSFS

there is no lack of addon aircraft in MSFS, I doubt more than a few hardcore users would pay $ 115,- when they can get a PMDG 737-700  for half the price, or the 737-600 for just $ 35,- especially considering the product comes already with 2 advanced versions of Citation jets, totally free of charge. the market for hyper complex business jets is limited, but I guess we will soon find out when Goran launches his first MSFS addon. 

looking at the latest stats, I think you are the only one who is worried about MSFS's future, with 6% for x-plane-12

"Laminar increased their market share of flight simmers ... from 35% to getting on for 70%"

LOL 🤣

AorRpAa.jpeg

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

very nice.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I doubt more than a few hardcore users would pay $ 115

Again, I find it astonishing how some people can be so insulting, and not even realize it.  Not to me, but to the people who have parted with their money for something I was a part of in making.  Teenagers, 20 and 30 somethings, middle aged and elderly people, have all bought the CL650. 

when they can get a PMDG 737-700  for half the price, or the 737-600 for just $ 35,

By that same rationale, I could easily say why would anyone want to pay for a 737 in MSFS when they can simply get the zibo 737 for $0.00?

the market for hyper complex business jets is limited

Seems that no one told me, Saso, Laminar or the thousands of people who purchased it.

but I guess we will soon find out when Goran launches his first MSFS addon. 

Going by our current sales figures, and if things keep going the way they have been with X-Plane 12, that simply isn't happening.  In the future?  Who knows.  But nothing in the foreseeable future.

Why does X-Plane's existence bother you to the point you feel you need make these kinds of posts?  Why can't you just enjoy MSFS, and let those of us who prefer X-Plane, enjoy it without being told how bad YOU think it is?

We get it.  You hate it.  Trying to convince us of that won't get us to change our minds.  If anything, it'll push us away from being part of a flight sim with a community that comes across as hateful towards a competing product.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, turbomax said:

there is no lack of addon aircraft in MSFS, I doubt more than a few hardcore users would pay $ 115,- when they can get a PMDG 737-700  for half the price, or the 737-600 for just $ 35,- especially considering the product comes already with 2 advanced versions of Citation jets, totally free of charge. the market for hyper complex business jets is limited, but I guess we will soon find out when Goran launches his first MSFS addon. 

So none then. good to know.

37 minutes ago, turbomax said:

Laminar increased their market share of flight simmers ... from 35% to getting on for 70%"

LOL 🤣

lol indeed, doing that direct without the huge expenses of steam or xbox market place charges, they laughing all the way to the bank for surezees.

AutoATC Developer

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, GoranM said:

We get it.  You hate it.

"We" - Your Lordship?

"We" don't hates "it" when "we" point out obviously wrong statements by some x-planers here. you keep confusing correcting false x-planers posts re. MSFS and x-plane with bug reports re. x-plane 12. I have been using x-plane since x-plane 7, "hating" it is not exactly the correct term obviously.

"without being told how bad YOU think it is?" where did I say how bad it is? you are confused, other posters were fantasizing about MSFS, which I tried to correct with facts.

I have submitted bug reports and corrected false statements. if you call that "hate" that's up to you.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

very nice.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, turbomax said:

"We" - Your Lordship?

Keep posting these asinine remarks.  Watch how seriously people take you.

"We" don't hates "it" when "we" point out obviously wrong statements by some x-planers here.

Really?

Like this...

59 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I doubt more than a few hardcore users would pay $ 115

And this...

the market for hyper complex business jets is limited

and this...

but I guess we will soon find out when Goran launches his first MSFS addon. 

I have been using x-plane since x-plane 7

And I'll say it to you, to.  Using X-Plane since an earlier version makes no difference in the validity of your statements.  I've been using MSFS since FS5.  Yet if I make 1 critical comment about the latest version, which I also have, the people in the MSFS forums will be, shall we say, less than welcoming.

I have submitted bug reports

Congratulations.

and corrected false statements. if you call that "hate" that's up to you.

What do you call it when you claim you know the demographic that purchased the CL650, along with the sales figures, when there are, quite literally, 3 people who know?  Me being one of them.  Surely not a false statement, right?  

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

I haven't seen that in x-plane ye

Fly a 172 or a glider over hilly terrain with a little wind, if you dont notice anything you must be asleep.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Fly a 172 or a glider over hilly terrain with a little wind, if you dont notice anything you must be asleep.

Funny how he doesn't know about it, considering he's been using it since V7.

Ridge lift and thermals were a thing in X-Plane since, as far back as V7, and that's only because I started in X-Plane in V7, and loved glider ops.  

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2