Sign in to follow this  
Rein2

Do you still buy scenery or aircraft for P3D?

I was going to buy the ORBX UK regions when they went on sale, but I was surprised at how expensive they still are even with the discount(30% I believe).

I find it ridiculous that ORBX is still charging so much for P3D scenery when they've practically stopped any P3D development.

That's ORBX for you.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I still buy scenery and aircraft as I want them for P3D v5.4  Bought the Majestic Dash 8 a while ago - but need to take the time to learn it!

Scenery-wise, I recently got the latest WSSS update from Imaginesim.  I am very impressed - a very good-looking airport and surrounds that performs very smootly - even better than it's earlier versions.  Well done, Imaginesim!

Whilst not totally top-tier, MSFG's YMHB is a very solid scenery for an airport that has been sorely lacking in scenery add-ons for most of P3D's life.  I fly there a lot and really enjoy their scenery - it looks good.  Only issue the hill the control tower is on is a bit off.  But otherwise I am very happy with it.

WFSS's VHHH is great. 

Yes, I still buy and will buy.  P3D v5.4 has been very stable for me.  With R&D shade to brighten the cockpits a bit during day and a few other little things, it generally looks good and performs very well.  I have a pretty ageing setup too - i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz, 1080 and 16GB 3000MHz RAM.  I am surprised it runs so well still with complex add-ons & scenery and sensible settings.

4 hours ago, BlueJay8509 said:

Which aircraft are coming for v6?

Xtreme prototypes Lear 25/28 and the Maddog.

4 hours ago, BlueJay8509 said:

Which aircraft are coming for v6?

Xtreme prototypes Lear 25/28 and the Maddog.

11 hours ago, Bohemond said:

I'm still on v5.4, but am getting tempted by v6.1.

Me too. Only reason I haven't switched to 6.1 is because I don't want to deal with the hacks to get things working in v6.1.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

Me too. Only reason I haven't switched to 6.1 is because I don't want to deal with the hacks to get things working in v6.1.

Same.  But the real beauty of P3dv5 to me is all of the great planes that are available for it that other sims don’t have.  So why switch to 6.1 and not have all of these planes?  If I were to do that, might as well switch to msfs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Orman

yes but need some NEW airports and would love some texture and afcad updates too

Yep I'm another in the buy-one-scenery-title-every-week-or-so for P3D camp, but am sticking to titles that were optimised for v4/v5 and only been buying them when on sale. Haven't bought an aircraft for a long while but did get the FlySimware Falcon 50 on sale over xmas and will defo be getting the iFly 737 Max in the next month or so.

PS, loving this thread ... was starting to think I was the last one :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dean Stringer

Posted (edited)

My last purchase was Imaginesim KATL which included P3D v5 and v6. I also want to get their latest WSSS. 
As of lately I’ve been buying XP12 addons, specifically airplanes. 

I bought P3D v6 and ActiveSky but hardly fly it because I don’t want to deal with hacks to install v5 content when  I’m still using v5. 

I bought MSFS like a year or so ago and now I am using it a little bit more but I have made zero (0) purchases for that simulator and I don’t think I will. The default airplanes are really good and the airports are good too. 

Edited by Samaritano

10 hours ago, JRMurray said:

Interesting to see that some of us are still not only using P3D (both v5.x and 6.x) but also buying aircraft and scenery.

Of course you are going to see a very positive response when the question is asked in a P3D forum. 

I have moved on several years ago and have not purchased anything since, until the FS Labs Concorde for P3D (v4,v5) was released. as I was too impatient to wait for the MSFS version. 

I still use P3d for the Majestic Dash 8 and now Concorde.  I have lots of payware airports already, so I do not need to purchase anymore. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

2 hours ago, rickjake said:

Of course you are going to see a very positive response when the question is asked in a P3D forum. 

LOL, would it be better to post this on the MSFS form and brace for the incoming salvo of fiery darts and missiles.

• Like 2

Vic green

I started this topic less than 24 hours ago and already 42 replies. And many of us still buy addons for P3d. Good to see that there's still a market for p3d addons. Makes me feel good. I'm quite optimistic regarding the future of p3d. Compare p3d versus msfs with the old vinyl record versus the CD (or audio streaming). After all those years the vinyl record made a comeback. A small market share but still there. The same will happen with P3D I suppose (or hope). New  addons will be published now and then. Not in the volumes lke msfs but that's not necessary because there's already a lot available. Happy flying!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rein2 said:

I started this topic less than 24 hours ago and already 42 replies. And many of us still buy addons for P3d. Good to see that there's still a market for p3d addons. Makes me feel good.

Yes, feels good to see that P3D still has around 40 potential customers 😄😉

11 minutes ago, Rein2 said:

I'm quite optimistic regarding the future of p3d. Compare p3d versus msfs with the old vinyl record versus the CD (or audio streaming). After all those years the vinyl record made a comeback. A small market share but still there. The same will happen with P3D I suppose (or hope). New  addons will be published now and then. Not in the volumes lke msfs but that's not necessary because there's already a lot available. Happy flying!!

I feel like the market for vinyl disks is somehow more important that the market for P3D addons. And it doesn't take several years and a team of developers to produce a vinyl 😕

From my side, I had bought quite a lot of addons for P3D v2, v3 and v4. Much more than anything I had ever bought for FSX, in fact. And much more than I have bought for MSFS so far. I had bought some sceneries, especially photo sceneries areas. I have, however, never bought any major airport, since P3D and FSX had never been able to provide any sort of acceptable performance on my computer. So I just bought a few smaller airfields from ObrX and that was it. (For IFR I used XPlane 11 or MSFS instead)

Today I do not buy anything else related to P3D. I just keep my eyes open about the evolution of P3Dv6, just in case.