Sign in to follow this  
duesenwerni

Cockspur Phenom 100 has been released

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

I don't agree, it would be a "day 1 purchase for me" as they say. Carenado users would enjoy their superior modelling/texturing again, no matter what. Or would MS/Asobo seriously consider for even one second to stop their MSFS2024 development just because there is also xplane12/P3D? I want the Carenado Phenom and Beech jet, asap! stop with those Cessnas and historical iconic vintage stuff already.  

Not quite day 1 for me, although their modelling with WT based avionics might be interesting..

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Ready for take off starts are (IMO) a rather fundamental option for all aircraft addons.

I agree.

While I prefer to start with a Cold & Dark plane myself, the fact that MSFS defaults to a Engines Running on the runway (and likes to reposition the plane to that position anytime you change anything) does make the ability to cope with that a necessity for any model.

A better video...

• Like 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Posted (edited)

First look youtube video:

" I have no idea what ELT stands for"   

( and obviously I don't see a need to find out before I made this video, not that it hasn't been there for 3 years in MSFS in any old C172 😃).

one question during my practical test of my examiner was: after what time interval do you have to replace the ELT battery?

"minimums? we are not going to worry about them" 😀

https://www.aopa.org/advocacy/aircraft/aircraft-operations/emergency-locator-transmitters

again: by gamers, for gamers. a.k.a. hard core very serious simmers.

and here the real one, same paint job:

https://youtu.be/vXHWuZsSKkE?t=293

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

10 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Ready for take off starts are (IMO) a rather fundamental option for all aircraft addons.

I agree. I actually find this approach almost elitist. I've bought only one other aircraft with similar requirements and that was both an accident and a mistake. If the likes of the DC6 can manage "ctrl-e" or a hot-start I don't see why everything can't.

Each to their own, but they won't get my business, I'll wait for something more suitable.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

13 hours ago, Marc Collins said:

I'm not aware of any plans to do that at this time. FSReborn is currently working on the 300, and I'm confident that Raul will do an incredible job with it. 

After using this aircraft it seems the ground handling needs work and the sounds are a mixed bag.  Outside sounds like a heavy jet along the lines of a Global Express and the inside seems to be a tad loud for a rear engine aircraft.  I'm looking around to see how the real bird sounds but something doesn't feel right about this aircraft.  Concerning ground handling, you have to use differential breaking to turn the aircraft. With the sounds and handling this bird doesn't feel like a small jet in the sim.😣

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Concerning ground handling, you have to use differential breaking to turn the aircraft. With the sounds and handling this bird doesn't feel like a small jet in the sim.😣

I find that the plane steers best when the groundspeed is below 10 kts. Above 10 kts, the nose wheel will start skidding and differential braking is necessary. If I enter a turn at less than 10 knots, I do not need differential braking. 

The engine sound set is the same one that is used in our Mustang. Custom soundsets are a real challenge for small developers. I personally do not have any experience in sound recording or design. It is quite an undertaking to record a high quality sound set. In many cases, it involves chartering the airplane for a day and contracting with a recording studio. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Marc Collins said:

The engine sound set is the same one that is used in our Mustang. Custom soundsets are a real challenge for small developers. I personally do not have any experience in sound recording or design. It is quite an undertaking to record a high quality sound set. In many cases, it involves chartering the airplane for a day and contracting with a recording studio. 

Thanks so much for being honest about this...🍺👍  I'm sure some freeware modders will take care of this and the flight model in due time.

Edit:  I must say the price is a little steep for an add-on using another jet's sound set (among other things).  If a payware offering needs third party mods to accomplish what the developer couldn't achieve the price should reflect that.🧐

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

22 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

After playing around a bit in the cockpit, I have to say, the Carenado version released almost 10 years ago looks pretty much just as good as this new version......

In my opinion, it is still incorrect to compare with Сarenado.

Сarenado can be made very beautifully, but they do not know about the fact that airplanes have their own characteristics and flight characteristics. Not to mention the systems for the aircraft.  I didn't expect interesting models from Cockspur, but after watching the latest YouTube video, it seemed to me that there was a chance that another conscientious inventor of airplane models would appear. I really want to believe in it. After watching the video I'm talking about, it seemed to me that the guys have good potential for development. I did not buy the model myself, I watched the reviews on the video, but I believe in the capabilities of the developers. As soon as I buy it myself and fly around, I will write my impressions. In the meantime, I'm happy to fly the FSW LJ35 now.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

18 hours ago, turbomax said:

First look youtube video:

" I have no idea what ELT stands for"   

( and obviously I don't see a need to find out before I made this video, not that it hasn't been there for 3 years in MSFS in any old C172 😃).

one question during my practical test of my examiner was: after what time interval do you have to replace the ELT battery?

"minimums? we are not going to worry about them" 😀

https://www.aopa.org/advocacy/aircraft/aircraft-operations/emergency-locator-transmitters

again: by gamers, for gamers. a.k.a. hard core very serious simmers.

and here the real one, same paint job:

https://youtu.be/vXHWuZsSKkE?t=293

spacer.png

Stopped watching this toobers stuff after a few vids, very confident delivery but often simply incorrect

• Like 2

he started both engines nearly simultaneously, obviously doesn't know or never watches how they do it in real airplane youtubes, and to wait a few moments until engine nr.1 is stable before starting engine nr.2 etc. this is why I prefer CitationMax and the likes. this is how it's done in a real Phenom, incl. the slow autopilot ALT dial turn rate that the pilot was complaining about 🤣

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXHWuZsSKkE&t=293s

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

24 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Will this plane come on the MS MarketPlace eventually?

Yes, we are currently in the process of submitting it to the Marketplace. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

No Vspeeds on the speedtape......

IIRC, the Carenado Phenom 100 and 300 in P3D didn't have Vspeeds either. Did the manuals have V1, VR, V2 speeds computed depending on takeoff weight and airport altitude? Anyone still have P3D running that can check?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe