Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

A new UFO sighting to debunk, Avsim experts.

1 hour ago, Damian Clark said:

Looks like a drone with a costume to me... similar to the LAX jetpacks

You would have to disregard the report that it went under water for several minutes:

"The UAP displayed transmedium capability - The UAP was filmed entering the water with a controlled descent. The UAP emerged from the water about seventeen minutes later and orientated into a sudden and rapid directional flight - beyond the optical range of the platform monitoring it."

Dugald Walker

2 hours ago, Orlaam said:

spacer.png

I was going to do that but I couldn't be bothered going through all the rigmarole of posting an Image to Avisim!🤣

• Like 1

OK, My theory is its a military surveillance helicopter and that's a Military base in Iraq and they are scanning those huts for something at night hence the infrared image. (if it was a jet pack there would probably a bright plume coming out of the bottom). Just after 40 seconds in the video above (which incidentally looks like its video taped of a screen) you can see the cursor pauses momentarily on one of the huts and then moves on. The blog does exactly what you would expect a blob on the glass doom of the camera housing to do, move forward pass the cursor. Also it looks like the helicopter is keeping pace with the blob as if it were tracking the blob but the cursor is never really on the blob and seeming to be moving around the image as if it is interested in something else and oblivious to the blob. If the helicopter was tracking some kind of translucent advanced probe we be looking at the cursor locked on to it. I say it's snot on the glass doom. The rest of the story is made up 🐎💩to get and keep a lot of people interested so the purveyors of said 🐎💩can continue to make money out of it. The truly astonishing thing going on here is someone is making money out of snot. It's amazing.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Hero attacks the thing..

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

14 hours ago, dmwalker said:

Except jet packs are noisy, aren't they? This one flew over four people and they didn't look up.

ever heard  of  a  electric  jet  pack  🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

16 hours ago, dmwalker said:

But no diving into the water. Does that mean they were told about that part of the video but couldn't obtain it?

Yeah, I'm not sure what the story is with that, whether that footage is to come or not. Thus far it's just a claim by Corbell who I'm not a fan of. 

19 hours ago, FBW737 said:

On second thoughts I like the smudge theory too. I can imagine that camera being on a gimbal in a glass dome. That would also give the impression that it was the object that was being tracked when it fact its just purely incidental to the observations being made.

Seems the most likely explanation to me. I can't find any examples of sensors behind a glass dome though, they all seem to be gimbal mounted cameras with the entire unit moving.

15 hours ago, Wblackret said:

I’m the last one to jump on the UFO/UAP bandwagon, but with the number of occurrences all over the world, there must be something to it. Whether it’s a doctored video (as a fair number are) or a reasonable explanation of some sort. Don’t know how many on here have seen the Mystery at Skinwalker ranch series, but these are reputable persons of science trying to determine what’s happening there. They’ve captured video of of many objects, one of which passed through one side of a mesa and out the other. Anomalies that exhibit the characteristics of black holes.

Certainly "something" has been going on for a very long time, what that "something" represents we don't know. The alien visitation notion has to be the least probable, but it has a non-zero probability of being true. Skinwalker Ranch is a pile of nonsense I would say, the Wikipedia quote below says it all. We shouldn't be fooled by the fact that individuals with scientific qualifications are involved.

Criticism[edit]

Skeptical author Robert Sheaffer believes the phenomenon at Skinwalker to be "almost certainly illusory", given that NIDsci found no proof after several years of monitoring, and that the previous owners of the property, who had lived there for 60 years, say that no supernatural events of any kind had happened there. Sheaffer considers the "parsimonious explanation" to be that the Sherman family invented the story "prior to selling it to the gullible Bigelow", with many of the more extraordinary claims originating solely from Terry Sherman, who worked as a caretaker after the ranch was sold to Bigelow.[12]

In 1996, skeptic James Randi awarded Bigelow a tongue-in-cheek Pigasus Award for funding the purchase of the ranch and for supporting John E. Mack's and Budd Hopkins' investigations. The award category designated Bigelow as "the funding organization that supported the most useless study of a supernatural, paranormal or occult [claim]".[13]

In 2023, ufologist Barry Greenwood, writing in the Journal of Scientific Exploration, criticized the $22 million research program led by James Lacatski. He emphasized the lack of any documentary evidence from the ranch after many decades of exploration and characterized Skinwalker as "always in the business of selling belief and hope".[14]

Edited by martin-w

11 hours ago, FBW737 said:

f the helicopter was tracking some kind of translucent advanced probe we be looking at the cursor locked on to it. I say it's snot on the glass doom.

I don't think its that kind of cursor, it's not a designator box, just a reference for the centre of the frame. But yes, I agree with snot on glass. I'm having trouble finding any sensor systems that don't move in their entirety though, including glass outer cover. 

4 hours ago, martin-w said:

I don't think its that kind of cursor, it's not a designator box, just a reference for the centre of the frame. But yes, I agree with snot on glass. I'm having trouble finding any sensor systems that don't move in their entirety though, including glass outer cover. 

In that case maybe its hand held or a head set and the operator is just looking or pointing it through the canopy or window which had the snot on it.

36 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

In that case maybe its hand held or a head set and the operator is just looking or pointing it through the canopy or window which had the snot on it.

Maybe. We need more info on what type of platform. If below is true, it invalidates our snot hypothesis. 

This was what Corbell said on X.

Today we release the RAW footage of a military filmed UAP incursion within a United States joint operations base. This UAP of unknown origin displayed transmedium capability - and has been officially designated by the United States intelligence agencies as a UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena). This designation is currently maintained.

THE “JELLYFISH” UAP RAW footage received / Video #1

DATE / TIME - October 2018 (night)

LOCATION - This footage was taken at a United States joint operations base in Iraq.

IMAGING TYPE - Thermographic / Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR).

EVENT DESCRIPTION - An incursion by an object of unknown origin was filmed at a United States joint operations base in Iraq. The object was designated UAP (Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena), and was tracked for a durational period. The object moved through a sensitive military installation - and eventually traversed over a body of water, where it actuated a controlled descent - submerging into the water. After an observational period of about seventeen minutes - the UAP reemerged from the body of water and shot-off at an extreme rate of speed - beyond the optical scope of the observation platform. The origin, intent and capability of the Anomalous Aerial Vehicle remains unknown. Official designation remains UAP.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS REPORTED BY DIRECT EYEWITNESSES & THOSE FAMILIAR WITH THE FULL RAW FOOTAGE 

The UAP displayed transmedium capability - The UAP was filmed entering the water with a controlled descent. The UAP emerged from the water about seventeen minutes later and orientated into a sudden and rapid directional flight - beyond the optical range of the platform monitoring it.

The UAP displayed low observability - The UAP was not visible with Night Vision (IR) and appeared to jam the targeting capability of the optical platform.

The UAP displayed positive lift - without the normally associated aerodynamic means for lift and thrust. The signatures typically associated with the propulsion maneuvers observed - were absent.

https://twitter.com/JeremyCorbell/status/1744790827254313423?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1744790827254313423|twgr^fb1d7ecf764c8daf7214fb3d3ddb8bca8a9f1c35|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fglobalnews.ca%2Fnews%2F10216527%2Fjellyfish-ufo-iraq-video-uap%2F

Screenshots of the supposed 'jellyfish UFO'

Edited by martin-w

9 hours ago, pete_auau said:

ever heard  of  a  electric  jet  pack

I have now, although I don't think they were commercially available in 2018, when the video was shot. As far as I can find, they have a flying time of about three and a half minutes.

Anyway, without seeing the video of it going underwater for 17 minutes then flying off at high speed, I think the most plausible explanation is that it's just snot and not even alien snot.

• Like 1

Dugald Walker

The changes from opaque to translucent could be something to do with built in auto variable contrast in the camera or the like. That's what I think it is.

Also I wonder what was going on on January 9th that the government wanted to distract every one from.

Maybe its a floater on cornea of the Camera man!🤪

Edited by FBW737

13 hours ago, FBW737 said:

The changes from opaque to translucent could be something to do with built in auto variable contrast in the camera or the like. That's what I think it is.

I spent 3 years at college studying photography and I'm a former proffesional photographer, but that was in the days of sloshing stuff around in a dev tank, so I know little about digital or thermal photography.

But yes, just looks like the typical behaviour I've seen before with IR video, seems quite common for the image to fade in and out.

On 1/10/2024 at 4:10 PM, Orlaam said:

spacer.png

You beat me to it!  That was my first thought when watching the video.

• Like 2

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.