Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

FAA is busy hiring special people!

6 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

On second thoughts, maybe she's just too darn cute to have such a responsible job.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.😉

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

19 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

At my age, all I know is "cute".

Dugald Walker

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

And for the AVSIM forums idiotic comment of the month: enough said!

I was simply referring to the now-famous letter sent by the FAA to Carole Murray asking for an explanation to the FAA of why Boeing aircraft assembled under her supervisory authority are literally falling apart in flight. Someone, somewhere, is obviously dropping the ball.

https://www.faa.gov/sites/faa.gov/files/EIR2024NM420001_737MAX9.pdf

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I was simply referring to the now-famous letter sent by the FAA to Carole Murray asking for an explanation to the FAA of why Boeing aircraft assembled under her supervisory authority are literally falling apart in flight

Should have explained it that way when you first posted the picture. I'm not smart enough to figure that out without explanations.

• Upvote 3

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

6 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I was simply referring to the now-famous letter sent by the FAA to Carole Murray asking for an explanation to the FAA of why Boeing aircraft assembled under her supervisory authority are literally falling apart in flight. Someone, somewhere, is obviously dropping the ball.

So, let's hope she replies by January 20th, as requested, and then we may know where the problem lies. I think she can't afford not to reply.

Dugald Walker

2 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

So, let's hope she replies by January 20th, as requested, and then we may know where the problem lies. I think she can't afford not to reply.

It's probably just one lazy assembly-line worker somewhere. But that's all it would take to bring down a plane.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

2 hours ago, David Mills said:

It's probably just one lazy assembly-line worker somewhere. But that's all it would take to bring down a plane.

No way there is one person responsible for this. What about QA and QC. It was someonce else job to make sure the line worker new how to torque the bolts and someone else job to check that the bolts where tightened. I'm not getting on a plane again. and someone else job to make sure the line worker is not an irresponsible retard. I suspect the day of safe airline travel is over. The day of enjoyable airline travel sure as hell is.

Edited by FBW737
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, David Mills said:

I posit that these aircraft were finished on a Friday afternoon, similar to how defective automobiles fail!

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, FBW737 said:

No way there is one person responsible for this. What about QA and QC.

Exactly.  Quality Control is there for that very reason and should catch mistakes made during manufacturing and assembly.

If this latest issue turns out to be a systemic problem and not a one-off, then some high-level executives should be axed.  Perhaps they should start with the head of Quality Control?

Boeing is so disappointing these past several years.

Dave

Edited by dave2013
  • Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I read some of the comments accross this thread with the sensation of me being from another Planet ...

A friend of mine who lives in the USA had emailed me the news as he is also on the more "conspiracy theory" side of the possible interpretations of such an initiative.

I work since 30 years well within Lisbon Airport, and am familiar with similar and perfectly understandable initiatives taking place at various companies and aviation organizations that have their HQs there too....

I used to take the bus from LPPT downtown and was able to share most of those bus trips with workers that have had access through identical "inclusion" initiatives, and I honestly alway felt proud of living in a society where those who can decide have enough space in their minds to understand that pretty much everyone can be of much use depending on how her/his skills are used to contribute to a better World.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't get this thread to be honest. If a person can do the job properly, then why on Earth shouldn't they be employed? 

Some shocking opinions here. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

I read some of the comments accross this thread with the sensation of me being from another Planet ...

There are DEI initiatives and movements that go too far and stop making sense, no doubt. But it's ridiculous to go from there to it being a tool created to destroy the world. I've had the feeling since Covid started that conspiracy theories are exploding and facts and rational thinking are losing merit fast, since more and more people seem to prefer creating their own narratives instead. It's popular in certain political camps, too.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 5

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

16 hours ago, David Mills said:

I think maybe before we tar and feather Boeing and their QA dept, we need to know whether the missing retainer bolts on that 737 were the result of an assembly-line cockup on their part, or if an Alaska Airlines maintenance team took that door plug out and failed to replace it properly.

Last I saw, the jury was still out on that pivotal question.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

I encourage everyone to read George Orwell's "Animal Farm" and then "1984" to better understand all this.

Yup. Sorely needed in these days.

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12