Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

FAA is busy hiring special people!

19 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

I think maybe before we tar and feather Boeing and their QA dept, we need to know whether the missing retainer bolts on that 737 were the result of an assembly-line cockup on their part, or if an Alaska Airlines maintenance team took that door plug out and failed to replace it properly.

Last I saw, the jury was still out on that pivotal question.

Apparently, United, who found missing or loose bolts and screws on MAX 9s too, have some maintenance work done by the same company that Alaska works with, who installed a Wi-Fi antenna in the incident aircraft shortly before that flight. The pressurization issues the aircraft experienced before the incident flight and the door plug going flying occured after that. The Boeing CEO admitted "quality escapes", but it's unclear what exactly he meant.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:
2 hours ago, dave2013 said:

I encourage everyone to read George Orwell's "Animal Farm" and then "1984" to better understand all this.

Yup. Sorely needed in these days.

How about “Fahrenheit 451”? I didn't read the book but I enjoyed the 1966 movie. I believe the 2018 version isn't as good.

• Like 2

Dugald Walker

3 hours ago, dmwalker said:

How about “Fahrenheit 451”? I didn't read the book but I enjoyed the 1966 movie. I believe the 2018 version isn't as good.

Yep, good one.  The height of censorship and erasure of true history.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Why does it make me think when you mix the FAA with diversity, equity, and inclusion you end up with this...

2zfikc.jpg

• Like 2

Matthew Kane

To a certain extent, I have seen people working for the feds who weren't as capable as some others might be, not in a critical job, and it might be better than having them on welfare which is probably the alternative.

scott s.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dave2013 said:

Yep, good one.  The height of censorship and erasure of true history.

It would be ironic if a book about banning books were on someone's list of banned books.

Dugald Walker

On 1/18/2024 at 7:29 AM, dmwalker said:

It would be ironic if a book about banning books were on someone's list of banned books.

Astonishing enough, there are credible reports of dictionaries being banned in some school libraries! How are the kids supposed to look up the spelling and/or meaning of some unfamiliar word? <sheesh!> 😮

Edited by n4gix
  • Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 1/16/2024 at 10:18 PM, dmwalker said:

On second thoughts, maybe she's just too darn cute to have such a responsible job.

it gets you places in life.

14ppkc-6.png

On 1/17/2024 at 12:41 AM, David Mills said:

I was simply referring to the now-famous letter sent by the FAA to Carole Murray asking for an explanation to the FAA of why Boeing aircraft assembled under her supervisory authority are literally falling apart in flight. Someone, somewhere, is obviously dropping the ball.

https://www.faa.gov/sites/faa.gov/files/EIR2024NM420001_737MAX9.pdf

I thought the door was sub contacted out to another company,  spirit aerosystems  

14ppkc-6.png