Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Aerosoft A330 postoponed till MSFS 2024 launch

Following a thorough evaluation of the project, we have decided to shift the development and release of the A330 around the upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024. This will allow us to greatly expand the focus of the project – including multiple engine options.
Additionally, both the CEO and NEO variants of the A330 will be released simultaneously.
Once we have more details to share, we will update you via this page.

Source: https://a330.aerosoft.com/updates.php?fbclid=IwAR0F1mJ4SfTJPSFPLESoIUk5k3KZ7oZi_N54BLCD1zmXfU2z6Js7-diXPVc#dev-updates

• Like 3

Well that is disappointing. Was optimistic we’d see it this quarter.

Edited by okupton

Orman

Looks to me the company is struggling at the moment 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Looks to me the company is struggling at the moment 

why? financially? cannot imagine. wouldn't they then release the A330 asap to get new money instead of waiting for MSFS?

Just hope that other 3PD companies don't jump on this "we wait for MSFS" train, like Fenix with Block2...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I think this is a smart move. Aerosoft's post Mathias Kok reputation depends on this A330. It was quite clear that the public wasn't very fond of having a single engine variant and at the level of fidelity similar to past Aerosoft Airbuses.

If they take the time to make it better, add more features, more engine variants along with CEO and NEO I'm all for it.

I obviously don't speak for everybody but I wasn't going to be a customer based on their previous release roadmap. But now that it will be planned as an entire A330 package, it's definitely has caught my attention. 

• Like 3

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

It would be a win if the guys at the Lab released their A330 in this quarter but given their development pace they too may come out in the MSFS 2024 era. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAD said:

why? financially? cannot imagine. wouldn't they then release the A330 asap to get new money instead of waiting for MSFS?

Just hope that other 3PD companies don't jump on this "we wait for MSFS" train, like Fenix with Block2...

If I recall, I read somewhere the company has became a toxic environment to work and some developers have left the company which were working on A330. Though just to be clear, I can't confirm nor I can find where I have read this (maybe reddit?)

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

hmmmmmmm

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

22 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

No surprise. I feel it may be too late for them if other developers release.

Who will release an A330 in the next months though? We have zero evidence on the state of the FSLabs A330, I think it's very likely that they'll wait for MSFS 2024 as well.

Will other devs delay products until release of MSFS 2024? We shall see.

4 minutes ago, Booms said:

Will other devs delay products until release of MSFS 2024? We shall see.

No company would delay the release for something like this; there‘s too much money at stake, running costs etc. They are just not ready yet and will not be before MSFS 2024, which is why they used MSFS 2024 as a bit of an alibi here. Whatever, nothing bodes well for the A330 at the moment

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ark4diusz said:

...decided to shift the development and release of the A330 around the upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024...

So when will that be then?  :biggrin:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.