Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

If you were Microsoft........

8 hours ago, Krakin said:

Which third party developer would you try to acquire? For me it would definitely be iniBuilds because they're good at creating compelling aircraft AND scenery.

a. WT, then sack all the staff and recruit all the freeware staff from fbw, horizon, etc etc.

b. Flytampa, then sack george and fix CYYZ with the proper layout.

c. UK2000 pay gary off, give him a pension and put in some fresh young blood 

d. aerosoft, just sack them all and start again

e. rdpresets, sack them all and employ someone who can optimise scenerys.

f.  that stupid alpaca va, so we can ban 10 year olds meowing on the frequencies in vatsim.

g. vatsim,  so we can bring in an exam for new joiners. - see point F. 

H- fsdreamteam to fix coult or better still get rid of it.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

If you were Microsoft........ I'd be rich and flying real aircraft. 😉

4 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

Apple. Because they make better OSs. 😆

I've been working daily with Windows and OS X since the early nineties and while Apple was FAR better at first they lost the advantage a long time ago already. In my line of work I am forced to work with OS X so I've got no choice but I wouldn't mind it at all if I could switch to Windows 11. At home I use a Windows PC. I would NEVER EVER buy an Apple computer for home use.

And btw I also use an Android Phone. My daughter has an iPhone and boy, am I happy I am on Android... Also there Apple had the advantage in the beginning but they lost it in the end imho.

I still don't get why people are so crazy about Apple. it's (ridiculously) overpriced and overhyped. I am glad MSFS runs in Windows. 😉

Imagine they bought Carenado then paired them with the likes of BlackSquare for system depth.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

8 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

If any of the AI ATC add-ons are really good after their release, maybe Jorg should consider acquiring that team, like they hired Working Title.

Agreed. Asobo can try to build their own version but it would be much more efficient to just hire a team that already has made progress.
Problem is that all of them need some work if they are to be incorperated as a default traffic solution since they will need to cater for everyone.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

- A team capable of delivering a solid VR product, to help move forward from the bare bones experience and the blatant lack of interest we've had from MS/Asobo since December 2020 when VR was first introduced.

- A team capable of fixing bugs, dealing with a far better structured beta process and one that takes Quality Control seriously, unlike what we've had since launch.

- A weather team that can also take this feature forward and/or fix the many issues associated with this area since the debacle that was SU7 METAR integration.

- Hire some of the incredible freeware talent as a team to help improve the overall experience.

Basically teams that can do a much better job than MS/Asobo in certain areas where they're clearly struggling, just like what we got with Working Title which worked out brilliantly.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

ORBX for me

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

If you were Microsoft........ I'd be rich and flying real aircraft. 😉

I've been working daily with Windows and OS X since the early nineties and while Apple was FAR better at first they lost the advantage a long time ago already. In my line of work I am forced to work with OS X so I've got no choice but I wouldn't mind it at all if I could switch to Windows 11. At home I use a Windows PC. I would NEVER EVER buy an Apple computer for home use.

And btw I also use an Android Phone. My daughter has an iPhone and boy, am I happy I am on Android... Also there Apple had the advantage in the beginning but they lost it in the end imho.

I still don't get why people are so crazy about Apple. it's (ridiculously) overpriced and overhyped. I am glad MSFS runs in Windows. 😉

Agreed on your first point. flying real aircraft is much more fun than running a software company😁

If I were Microsoft, I would turn back time and make sure Windows Phone would be succesfull. It was the best mobile phone I ever had, not as restrictive as an iPhone and less messy than Android.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

20 minutes ago, MarcG said:

- A team capable of delivering a solid VR product, to help move forward from the bare bones experience and the blatant lack of interest we've had from MS/Asobo since December 2020 when VR was first introduced.

- A team capable of fixing bugs, dealing with a far better structured beta process and one that takes Quality Control seriously, unlike what we've had since launch.

- A weather team that can also take this feature forward and/or fix the many issues associated with this area since the debacle that was SU7 METAR integration.

- Hire some of the incredible freeware talent as a team to help improve the overall experience.

Basically teams that can do a much better job than MS/Asobo in certain areas where they're clearly struggling, just like what we got with Working Title which worked out brilliantly.

surely it is not that crook 😎

for now, cheers

john martin

10 hours ago, Krakin said:

Which third party developer would you try to acquire? For me it would definitely be iniBuilds because they're good at creating compelling aircraft AND scenery.

Have you flown into their San Antonio scenery lately?  Talk about a performance hog, no thank you..👎.

Now if I was Microsoft I wouldn't have sacked 'Windows Mixed Reality' opening the door the 'HP Reverb G3/4'.🧐  They are now like usual going to have to circle around back to this later on and be behind the ball like they always are at time.  The lack of vision with some at this company is staggering.  Even Playstation and Apple is getting into VR.🙁

Hopefully Meta (Quest 3) get's off of Wifi only and offers a cabled connection in the future.  Sorry for getting off topic...:ph34r:

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Cut Bait and move on. Sell it to some experts who have some clue to flight simulation.

2 hours ago, vadriver said:

surely it is not that crook 😎

It could've bee  so much better is the thinking, hence all eyes on MSFS2024 to see if they've improved, if not then I refer you to my previous post 😄

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

10 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

Apple. Because they make better OSs. 😆

Their Computers are unfixable when they break, which is normally about 2 years. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 hours ago, Krakin said:

But we're really enjoying that Working Title effect, aren't we? lol.

Apparently not this guy 😅

6 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

a. WT, then sack all the staff and recruit all the freeware staff from fbw, horizon, etc etc.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Cut Bait and move on. Sell it to some experts who have some clue to flight simulation.

You know, it may not be the best sim in the world. However, for Asobo's first serious attempt at a flight sim, They did a pretty good job to provide and out-of-the-box experience that no other sim has accomplished. It isn't without it's flaws, but this comment just seems a little word not allowed to me.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Apparently not this guy 😅

because 4 years down the line we have a 787 with a ton of issues which they cant be arsed to fix

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png