1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

So those of use who preorder Charlie need to call credit card company and ask for refund if we can? Sound like we need a legal action against whoever got hold of our money!

Good luck, they're in Hong Kong from the sounds of things.

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So those of use who preorder Charlie need to call credit card company and ask for refund if we can? Sound like we need a legal action against whoever got hold of our money!

Good luck, I already tried and VISA policy is you have 120 days from date of purchase to chargeback. Beyond that window it's tough luck. I ordered mine 1st Feb 2023 so I'm SOL.
I've already tried. I believe the limit for chargebacks is 120 days across VISA, Mastercard and Amex, but that's based only on my own research, I'm by no means an expert on such matters.

As far as a law suit, depending on the number of those people that preordered, it could very well cost you more than you spent in the first place (money and time). 

order the Thrustmaster TPR pedals, their about another $200 more, but they’re worth it. Didnt like the price at all,  but I’m glad I did it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Yes and do it quickly. There is a lawsuit supposedly, but you'll never recover anything in what would likely be a default judgement, assuming they can even find anyone to serve, let alone recover from abroad.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

In business every agreement has to be documented or it didn’t happen. This poor man had a great product but just too trusting as a business manager. If he didn’t see red lights flashing and horns blowing when his so called partner put 100% shares in his own name? He was screwed from that point on. He should have slammed the brakes right there and headed to the best lawyer he could afford. In business nobody has friends, just interests.

• Like 1

Vic green

1 hour ago, mryan75 said:

Good luck, they're in Hong Kong from the sounds of things.

There is always plan B

movie_1679283933.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

What happened to HoneyComb? Btw, I have both the Alpha and Bravo, if anyone wants to buy it off me. I only used it a few times and never touched it again. Still have original boxes and everything.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I hope they find a way back to marked.  I love my Alpha and Bravo and can't imagine flying with anything else!

I'll do what I can to keep these units alive for as long as I can

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What happened to HoneyComb? Btw, I have both the Alpha and Bravo, if anyone wants to buy it off me. I only used it a few times and never touched it again. Still have original boxes and everything.

Hold on to it.  It might be worth more $$$ down the road, maybe two or three years from now if the company folds for good.  I have a keyboard new in the box that they don't make anymore and I just saw on Ebay for the same keyboard asking $2,000!...Crazy I know.  But people buy this stuff because it will never be available ever again! 

• Like 1

I rarely read statements like this regarding the reasoning for a delay of a product. Usually companies will say a product is delayed because of supply issues, logistics issues, etc. But most companies will deliver the product eventually.  But a delay because a business partner went rogue and now they are trying to buy out that rogue business partner?  Wow, that's crazy.  At least Honeycomb has finally let the cat out of the bag and acknowledged they had some financial trouble regarding the Charile Rudder Pedals.

I will add though, a company asking you to do a chargeback with the credit card company to get your money back is highly unusual. In fact, this is the first time I have heard of a company asking their customers to do something like this. In general, if your company has too many credit card charge backs, that credit card company may ban the company.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

8 hours ago, atco said:

Good luck, I already tried and VISA policy is you have 120 days from date of purchase to chargeback. Beyond that window it's tough luck. I ordered mine 1st Feb 2023 so I'm SOL.
I've already tried. I believe the limit for chargebacks is 120 days across VISA, Mastercard and Amex, but that's based only on my own research, I'm by no means an expert on such matters.

In the UK at least, the CC company is jointly liable and you can hold them accountable by law, with no time limit, under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. (This is a separate protection to the 120-day chargeback.) Just Google ‘section 75 refund’ or go to one of the consumer advice web sites for advice. Not sure if there’s any equivalent in Canada 😐

Edited by MarkDH
  • Like 2

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I have the Alpha XPC yoke on my amazon wish list which I've been waiting for a big enough Sale reduction to warrant the purchase, I read up about this company when I did some thorough research last year and immediately saw a lot of very unhappy customers but thought the product looked decent enough to get one day. I may have to think my plans.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

His company is still poorly communicating.  What problems are they having?

Edited by Tierborn

42 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

His company is still poorly communicating.  What problems are they having?

Maybe you only read the first email? I found that pretty confusing too.

The second one is more explicit. Some excerpts:

However, by mid-2022, it became apparent that my business partner was in financial trouble and when Honeycomb ended up with a negative result despite having a record year, I started looking into the financials in detail.

The situation escalated in July 2023, shortly after we missed the planned shipping date for the pre-orders when the factory partner contacted me directly to inform me that they had still not received payment for the Charlie production or for the several thousand Alpha and Bravo's they had manufactured and were sitting in their warehouse, which I was completely unaware of existed. Additionally, they had a significant amount of outstanding invoices, including for the injection tooling, required to produce the plastic parts for the Charlie.

Since it is highly unlikely that I will receive the payments for the pre-orders from my ex-partner, I am currently working on several finance deals to be able to start production as soon as possible. How I pay it back is not clear yet, but I am determined that all customers receive the product they paid for, regardless of the financial impact to myself.

The one bit of good news is that we have reached an agreement, that he will sell his assets in Honeycomb if I can find a new partner to buy him out. That’s where I’m currently at… 

I’m talking to several great companies, that not only have the financial means to accelerate Honeycomb's growth but also the technical expertise to help me develop even better products in the future and I’m very optimistic that one of them is going to come through. Honeycomb is a great business opportunity and while there are some housekeeping items to be dealt with, the solutions are easily executable. Deliver the Charlie as promised, replace the faulty products, and make sure that all creditors are paid before the remaining purchase sum is paid out. Once that’s out of the way, we can focus on the future.

I wonder if they even have patents at this point?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next