Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG hints a totally new aircraft on roadmap, what is it?

7 hours ago, F737MAX said:

I think a significant number of flight simmers would like to see a payware version 787.

I was going to say T7 will be my last bird purchased from unless they did the Dreamliner series. Do it.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

LOL....Captain Sim tried their hand at a copyright-protected TIE fighter a while back....did not work out so well for them. 🤣

A 707 would be epic!  I'm old enough to have flown on a few of them...most memorable was my Pan Am flight from KJFK to Rota, Spain (military charter flight) back when I was 12 or so.  The sun rose into us as we flew eastward, and it glistening off the nacelles of the 2 engines on my side of the plane is a vision that is still vivid in my mind 50 years later.

Yep, Disney are even more protective than Gulfstream....that's mostly why I suggested it, but the Falcon IS a freighter (OK smuggler) so it kind of fits with PMDG.

Never flew on a 707 but did manage a 720, Monarch to Malaga, Spain. Long time ago but think I wangled a cockpit visit 🙂

There are still active 707s so PMDG could get the data...

58 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The AutoRudder option worked perfectly for my PMDG 737-600 in P3D. I never experienced the quick left or right movement when attempting to keep the plane on the centreline after touchdown.

Yeah Chris, I've been pretty lucky (well...I do make sure my configurations and hardware setups are pretty tight) that I too have had no issues with the rudder and nosewheel...but I know others (including beta testers I work with) that have. 

You just have to be willing to work hard to identify and troubleshoot your issues on your specific hardware, while working with the developer (through their helpdesk system) to get it resolved.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

9 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

The Working Title 787 is quite good, but it's not at the same fidelity of other PMDG airliners such as the PMDG 737 yet.  So there is a market for a higher fidelity 787, but of course, PMDG may lose some sales to those people that are happy with the fidelity of Working Title 787 (and the subsequent mods of the Working Title 787 such as the Horizon 787).

In many ways the WT 787 is higher fidelity than the PMDG 737, especially when you look at flying approaches with RF legs and RNPar approaches. 

It all depends what you want to do with it but I find the WT 787 from an operational POV a more realistic aircraft. 

It will be great if PMDG make a 787 but they can’t keep churning out the same tired old LNAV as it’s now old and behind what other devs like WT are managing. 

A 787 Captain 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

The choice is obvious, a PMDG Dreamliner. Show off their technical prowess and get well paid into the bargain. 

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

8 hours ago, Bartul said:

Hopefuly their DC-3 !?!?

I seem to remember RSR saying they had sold her.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

9 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

I just hope its a 787 (8/9/10).

Why?, have you tried the Horizon Sim B787-9 and Kuro B787-8?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'm just spit balling here, but I think that the key words are "product line" Keyword: "line".

All of the above suppositions involved software products, ie Aircraft.

If he was referring to software, maybe something other than aircraft modeling.

What if he was referring to maybe hardware? 

Seeing the now unfortunate current Honeycomb situation, is it possible he might be hinting at a "hardware" product? What are the chances PMDG could team with Honeycomb?

It might be pie in the sky, but anything is possible. Thoughts??

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 4080FE, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

The trip was to Quebec and the new aircraft is the A220 😁

Edited by masaki
  • Like 1

Stefan Ticusan

"our next new product line"

Hm, a new product line, a whole new line of products....ponder, ponder, ponder....

Nah, i give up, that could mean anything, maybe it's not even an aircraft...

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

They probably could make a good fortune on a 787 line by 2026/27 and make a whole new product line by MSFS 2028 they are far from finishing their Catalog they have now.

Why can’t they first finish what they started?   Let’s get the Max, 777, & 747 out the door and well refined before moving on. 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Not to be selfish, but I hope it’s NOT a 787. The Working Title / Asobo version has just enough fidelity and functionality for me. With a 14 month old baby boy, I just don’t have the time I did before to fully simulate flights. As I began with, that’s me just thinking for myself, but I would surely welcome a PMDG level 787. I would love a 767 or even a complete redo of their MD-11, which was amazing back in the day. Either way, exciting stuff ahead for all of us!

Old steam gauge a 737- 200 , 727 or 707

Jason Richards

From the PMDG thread, a post from Mathijs:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/281875-27jan24-we-have-been-busy-and-travelling-but-we-are-hard-at-work/page3

"You missed the biggest thing there. It's not a new product but a product LINE. As Rob told us a while back, PMDG has expanded and is now able to handle multiple projects at the same time."

That implies a completely new category of product, rather than just the next Boeing tubeliner. I reckon it will be business jets. Not particularly into them myself, but I think they'd be very successful.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org