Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

"World Update 16: Caribbean is ON"...

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

You guys praising this update as phenomenal are not that much into watermasks, no? 😉 

A lot of the existing water masks in the Caribbean have somehow been removed especially around the Bahamas. Some posters on the forum are saying they’ve noticed other water masks around the world outside the region also vanishing since the WU. 

Some areas like St Lucia and Barbados look better though and have new water masking.

Hopefully it’s just a bug and there’s a fix on the way. 

• Like 1

Bell 47J is included in the update 

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Hi, everyone,

I visited one of the bespoken airport of the WU Update XVI (MTCA, Antoine-Simone Airport, Haiti) and there is no personnel neither plane. It's deserted!

Is that "normal"?

Regards.

I flew to Barbados tonight and the ILS09 approach looks nice there over the coast at Bridgetown

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

1 hour ago, History said:

Bell 47J is included in the update 

No, it is released at the same time, but you have to purchase it.  It is not free. 

These 'local legends' are normally good value though.  Being a Premium Deluxe owner, they tend to cost me about £8. 
I normally get them all, but I might give this one a miss as I am not so much into choppers.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

55 minutes ago, flyhalf said:

I flew to Barbados tonight and the ILS09 approach looks nice there over the coast at Bridgetown

Barbados looks really great. It’s obviously a bit flat to notice the terrain but the satellite imagery and water-masking is definitely improved. 

St Lucia also looks fantastic.

For Barbados and realism try the RNP 09 inbound from BENUK as the ils has been out for a while. You can get a shortcut to ELIXA or they’ll offer a visual also. It’s pretty busy there at the moment with all the cruise flights still coming in and out. 

• Like 2

Just read on the other thread that this update kills all water masks around the world?

Is that true?!

If so, is it the mandatory base update that kills all water masking around the world?     Or is it the actual Carribean WU from the Marketplace?

Can't check right now.

If it's the base update then I'll have already lost the masks, as I've already installed it. But if it's the WU then I'll avoid installing yet 👍

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 minute ago, JYW said:

So just to confirm guys, (I've installed the base mandatory update but not the Carribean WU from Marketplace), is it the mandatory base update that kills all water masking around the world?     Or is it the actual WU from the Marketplace?

Can't check right now.

If it's the base update then I'll have already lost the masks, but if it's the WU then I'll avoid installing yet 👍

I don’t know, I don’t think it’s ALL the world watermasking that goes I’ve still seen some outside the region. It does disappear in the Bahamas Cuba Jamaica and possibly the Dom Rep. Outside the WU (but nearby) it also vanishes in the Florida keys and up the E coast. 

There’s loads of new watermasking in the Eastern part of the Caribbean. so it’s not a total deletion of it. 

I think it will get fixed soon though? Seems like lots on the official forums are commenting on it. 

• Like 2

TFFS is a pretty intense landing!  Per Wikipedia “A special pilot license endorsement is required to land here.”

The charts also indicate special requirements as well (including you must have landed there as a co pilot under direction of a qualified pilot before attempting it yourself).

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

18 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

May I askl how you have managed to seperate them? They are in a single folder "finapapproach-caribbean-ttpp-ttcp-tgpy" and there is just a single layout.json. Furthermore, the stuff is encrypted so tweaking is next to impossible.

I wasn’t able to separate the three, but I have gotten it to where I can remove them from the sim if I want. For example if I’m flying into Grenada I can remove them and then use the SLH Sim Designs scenery, which is much better. 

• Like 1

May I askl how you have managed to seperate them? They are in a single folder "finapapproach-caribbean-ttpp-ttcp-tgpy" and there is just a single layout.json. Furthermore, the stuff is encrypted so tweaking is next to impossible.

I wasn’t able to separate the three, but I have gotten it to where I can remove them from the sim if I want. For example if I’m flying into Grenada I can remove them and then use the SLH Sim Designs scenery, which is much better.