Sign in to follow this  
ilpagaia

WU16 new water masks : where?

On 2/7/2024 at 7:32 PM, Dillon said:

Reading the official forums, still no word on the Bahamas. Hopefully something is released before the next Sim Update (March).🥴

I dont think you will get a fix. This is not a show stopper.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 hour ago, hansb57 said:

That's not what Jorg and the Asobo team stated.🧐  It was only supposed to take a couple of days for the fix.😶

Edited by Dillon
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

I wonder if they actually realise how poor they really are at QC and noticing these blatantly obvious issues, it really does beg the question "do they even play their own game?".

The missing masks are in the trailer. So something happened between recording that and releasing the update that they didn’t catch 

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The missing masks are in the trailer. So something happened between recording that and releasing the update that they didn’t catch 

Yes so the question is how did they miss it? Or of they intentionally released knowing it was broken then where is the fix now after we were told it'll be a few days?

It's poor QC - again, simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Yes so the question is how did they miss it?

Quite easily since it only effects one area.

18 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

You mean the ONE area with which the update was all about? 🤣😄😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

13 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That is a laughable answer when the "one area" is the very area on which the world update focused.  Shouldn't THAT be the area the "testers" concentrate on?! 😂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, hansb57 said:

Maybe not a show stopper, but definitely one of the highlighted features. I would be surprised if they are not investigating the issue.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Where are the water masks?

Yesterday on my flight to LEPA the water on the coast just looked like a pane of glass.

When will ASOBO correct this error?

No info, no change.

Sad.

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 4080 S, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

I find it laughable they released a scenery “upgrade” that downgraded shallow water from much of the world. Personally, I think Asobo is completely over their heads. I understand MSFS is a big software package but I’ve never seen such ridiculous mistakes in any software title. And their communication to customers is abysmal. Microsoft should be embarrassed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Gents, The missing watermasking was not missed. Jorg made it very clear that they knew about it because the new method they wanted to implement does not work very well over vast areas like the Bahamas. Instead of delaying the update, they CHOSE to go ahead with it while they worked on a fix in the interim. This was not QA dropping the ball.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

31 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Gents, The missing watermasking was not missed. Jorg made it very clear that they knew about it because the new method they wanted to implement does not work very well over vast areas like the Bahamas. Instead of delaying the update, they CHOSE to go ahead with it while they worked on a fix in the interim. This was not QA dropping the ball.

Cough, cough, cough

• Upvote 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

He said there'll be a fix in a few days, it's now over two weeks ....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

The missing watermasking was not missed. Jorg made it very clear that they knew about it

I am not saying this isn’t true but why are the promo visuals showing water we didn’t get? And why wasn’t this information in the release notes?  I’m sure I’m not the only one who believes this downgrade blindsided Asobo at the last minute.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2