Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

January 31 Dev Q&A stream

7 hours ago, Krakin said:

I have a serious case of blue balls now lol.

Things ok at home…?😅

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

9 hours ago, lwt1971 said:
  • Existing WUs will definitely be available for MSFS 2024, still to be decided if they'll be made separately installable as is now, or folded into the core sim

This is great news. 

Concerning the question about cloud density in live weather: How on earth can they be not aware of this issue? It has been around and talked about for so long now.

5 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Things ok at home…?😅

Someone must be in biiiig trouble. 

6 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Concerning the question about cloud density in live weather: How on earth can they be not aware of this issue? It has been around and talked about for so long now.

Seb specifically said he'll be looking into this during the previous Q&A, I missed what he said about it last night what did he say?

Edit: November 2023 Q&A;

But I would say, yes, I think the clouds in real weather don’t go in terms of density as far as what you can get in the presets, where you can really push it to extremely dense. So that’s something we’re going to look into if we are correctly using the live weather data in terms of cloud density, if we can push it a little bit further, and maybe also on the meta side. So that’s something definitely we’re going to look into.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

15 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

lack of photogrammetry data .. MS/Asobo did hire someone to go to Brazil (still working thru with partner company getting cameras installed and getting planes in the air to capture the data)

Improved AI for world rendering and processing Bing satellite imagery, will be discussed later as part of MSFS 2024 discussions (both server-side AI and in-game) .. also there's work going on in Bing to use AI to remove baked-in shadows/etc

Impressive... the effort they're going to is pretty incredible

• Like 3

Awesome  summary lwt1971 I read it all even though I watched the livestream!

These dev livestreams are always fascinating. Amazing to see the enthusiasm from everyone involved and working titles involvement increasing. 

Slightly disappointed to not see any of the upcoming WU CU announcements in the roadmap but still there was loads of other great information in there.

Edited by g-liner
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Absolutely, perhaps Kai (if able to) can tell us the nature of the working relationship.. but any kind of partnership with Kai/AIG can only mean good things for MSFS

Not much to tell at the moment, you all will see the changes at some point 😉

• Like 14

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

15 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

they are in fact working with Kai and AIG

This is excellent news! Can’t wait for the next update now. 

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

6 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Is this relationship purely AI Aircraft based? Or is there also progress with Henrik's Live Shipping mod and Asobo perhaps? 👀

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Soooo...nothing about the most surprising updates so far - Frame generation and Adaptive LOD,!?!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

But of course !

• Like 1

Did they mention something about the poor download speed on some of their servers?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

That is exciting enough in and of itself!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

9 hours ago, mryan75 said:

Nah. FS2020 came out in August. If they’re saying “later in the year” it’s later than that. 

We weren't talking about the release, we were talking about new info being released. My guess was just about new info (new features, aircrafts, possible release window etc). And yeah, I believe the release will probably be in winter.

• Like 4

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel