Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

Fenix A320 V2 Block2 features deep dive video

Somone on their Discord dug up that the delivery date for the airplane Aamir used in the demo was 2/14/2002, which naturally means B2 is coming out today. That's how much they wrangle interpreations.

I am also firmly in the camp of release a working product than the rapid post-release patches other devs need to do.

• Like 2

Just now, BrammyH said:

Somone on their Discord dug up that the delivery date for the airplane Aamir used in the demo was 2/14/2002, which naturally means B2 is coming out today. That's how much they wrangle interpreations.

I am also firmly in the camp of release a working product than the rapid post-release patches other devs need to do.

2002 was 22 years ago

2 minutes ago, fra147 said:

In my opinion Fenix deserves all the credit is possible from the community. From day 1. 

Even in presence of missing/adjustable things in their product. 

In all the period they worked on block 2 the A320 was enjoyable and and the support, when needed, was very responsive (at least in my personal experience)

^^This 💯

In all the time we have been waiting for the promised features, their v1 product works, support was given, and we received a cockpit performance improvement in the form of the Wizard Displays.

Given the incessant and sometimes vitriolic criticism they faced, they deserve to be commended for remaining active on their Discord server too.

Very much looking forward to receiving the Block 2 package!

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Quite surprised at "A330 Driver"'s views on the exciting block 2 features, when someone asked him about it in the comments of one of his videos:-  

(Considering how much he flies and seems to enjoy the Fenix)

6666666666666.jpg

Can all that work and features by Fenix really be written off as "a 1:1 copy of the FSL A320"  ???? (I never owned the FSL).

Just watch V1,320simpilot the best and actual 320 pilots. His opinions are questionable to say the least.

I don’t  remember the FSLabs having compressor stalls and having to crank the engine in certain weather. 

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

He was using stand 27 in the intro, runway 27 in Heathrow and runway 27 in New Delhi...could be a coincidence, could be an Easter egg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OuterMarker said:

He was using stand 27 in the intro, runway 27 in Heathrow and runway 27 in New Delhi...could be a coincidence, could be an Easter egg

Well if we go that route the best date would be the 29th. Just because. 😉

Lets not forget he seemed to enjoy the FSS Jet a few months back now his opinion has totally changed again and seems to just blame the developers and believes he knows the aircraft better than anyone else.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Lets not forget [...]

I thoroughly agree with your views on him. However, can we move away from discussing YouTube 'celebrities' so that the thread doesn't get derailed, please?

In case there's anyone thinking otherwise, it's still not imminent:

Aamir: still wrappin up. coming along very nicely though 🙂

Plus, we are due a 24-hour advance notification before it does.

• Like 7

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

I don’t  remember the FSLabs having compressor stalls and having to crank the engine in certain weather

Or an EFB (at least the first 5 years after release). Or working circuit breakers. Or dust accumlation on the engines. Or tire compression...

Really I like him as a reviewer in general, but this is just complete nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Is this going to be live? For anyone that is interested. Today February 14 1:00 pm U.S. Eastern time (1800 zulu). Direct link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRnGLrFAftg

Just for clarification and what V1 posted. He doesn't have the new update. He's just going to watch the preview video with his chat. He hasn't seen the video yet. 

wC3dzYM.png

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

16 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Just for clarification and what V1 posted. He doesn't have the new update. He's just going to watch the preview video with his chat. He hasn't seen the video yet. 

wC3dzYM.png

Is this a thing these days? Watching a video of someone watching a video?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

This, along with watching a video of someone else playing a game instead of playing it yourself... 

• Like 2

Roi Ben

8 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

To his credit, he's super knowledgeable and is able to give line-pilot insight into what's happening on the screen. Relevant stories "I had to do a manual start last summer and x,y,z is modelled, which isn't even modeled in the full flight sim!"

It's a sort of invaluable type of ride along I'd compare with going through a textbook with a teacher in a classroom.

• Like 4

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

14 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

No offense, but what's wrong with that? If a knowledgable person can pick out certain interesting points, then it could be interesting and you might even learn something. 🙂

13 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

This, along with watching a video of someone else playing a game instead of playing it yourself... 

I don't understand... Maybe it's just me, but I actually do this quite a lot... Especially horror-games, which I don't have the stomach to play myself. 🙂 I also find it very interesting to watch playthroughs, to get inspiration or just to hear some other take on a game. It's kinda relaxing, just to watch someone else, instead of having to concentrate yourself... 

Anyway - maybe it's just me.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

20 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Under what rock have you been hiding? Movie reactions are THE thing on YouTube.

• Like 2