Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

Pressure is on Asobo Studio

I hope it comes as soon as possible as everyone should get an opportunity to use FG, especially for all AMD owners as I understand it will work best with those cards, it will also make our hobby cheaper as we don't have to be forced to buy Nvidia's expensive cards to get good performance.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 hours ago, Greazer said:

So far, we don't have a timeframe for FSR 3 (official)

It is rumoured that Asobo are trying to include it with SU15. 

Game Studios around the world are increasingly adding FSR 3 support with many more titles in the pipeline.

But if Asobo fail to deliver with SU15 (March 12) it will be many more months for the next Sim Update, and simmers will have to wait.

Pressure is on Asobo studio right now.

All I want is the water masks in the Bahamas fixed...:ph34r:😶

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I never imagined that things would escalate so quickly after I happened to mention FSR 3 support in MSFS to my fellow flight simming buddy when we were having a few beers in a local brewery.  Someone at a nearby table must have overheard it, then mentioned it to someone else and... well, here we are.

Everyone, please let Asobo know that I am perfectly OK with them taking their sweet time to implement FSR 3 support.  Sorry about all this.

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

19 minutes ago, Dillon said:

All I want is the water masks in the Bahamas fixed...:ph34r:😶

All I want is the ground handling and those "land bars" to be fixed :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Every time a post is published with something like that "increase your frames", "less stutters" , "smooth like butter" everybody interested and trying that, and now that FSR3 is possibly one of the best performance rocket for most of the simmers it appears like nothing important .... simply I do not understand it ...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel I9-13900K @ 5,5 GHz, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Master, 32 Gb Kingston Fury DDR5 @ 6000 MHz, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB 7,000/5,000MB/s, RX 6750 XT 12Gb, Samsung G5 LC32G55TQBUXEN WQHD, Windows 11.

And of course the title of this thread is left open ended rather than making it clear it's about FSR and any supposed pressure on Asobo to support it 🙂

• Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Sorry if this is a noob question...

What's FSR and why is it so good? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

3 hours ago, guibru said:

The FSR3 will be much more interesting on console than on PC.

I tried asking ChatGPT and, according to the latest Steam charts for Jan. 2024, the combined market share of videocards that don't need FSR3 for Frame Generation, is 6.90%

https://chat.openai.com/share/af9e97f9-5227-42b4-ae5c-57fcc7edc46b

So no, it will be very useful for a lot PC users as well.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I tried asking ChatGPT and, according to the latest Steam charts for Jan. 2024, the combined market share of videocards that don't need FSR3 for Frame Generation, is 6.90%

https://chat.openai.com/share/af9e97f9-5227-42b4-ae5c-57fcc7edc46b

So no, it will be very useful for a lot PC users as well.

You should have asked Grok too. It would have laughed and told you to get a life! 🤣

6 hours ago, Matchstick said:

All forms of frame generation bring with them trade-offs and personally I don't find they work very well in MSFS.

So there's zero pressure to roll out FSR3 from me at least.

FG doesn’t work well?  Have you actually tried it??  Absolute game changer and best thing that’s happened in he flight sim world at a technical level for decades IMO

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

USER:  Asobo is under great pressure!

ASOBO:  😆🤣🍺

• Like 5

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Just now, sidfadc said:

FG doesn’t work well?  Have you actually tried it??  Absolute game changer and best thing that’s happened in he flight sim world at a technical level for decades IMO

Yes I've tried it and turned it off for it's tendency to make glass displays a blurry and unreadable mess.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Yes I've tried it and turned it off for it's tendency to make glass displays a blurry and unreadable mess.

You are thinking of DLSS. TAA + FG should see the benefit of FG without the blurred displays caused by DLSS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Well, the "pressure" has been on Asobo for going on two years now to fix the ground texture tile swapping bug that makes using DX12 (especially with some of the better add-on airports) a pretty underwhelming proposition...and DX12 is required if you want to use FG.

Without a fix to that problem, FSR strikes me as a pretty pointless endeavor.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

33 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Disable DLSS and enable TAA problem solved

• Upvote 2

Thomas Derbyshire