if i use frame generator in the target fps should i put the target frames after frame generator or the default sim?

6 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

if i use frame generator in the target fps should i put the target frames after frame generator or the default sim?

After frame generator 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I have tested the release app this morning and it is working great with no issues. Thank you so much for such a great tool, it's made my simming so much better with my old system (upgrade soon!).

• Like 2

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

I have a 3-screen set up and I have tried the app (and the Adaptive LOD app) and both apps incorrectly report that I have Frame Generation (FG) ENABLED on the CENTER screen, while NOT FG enabled on SIDE screens.

I do NOT have FG enabled at all.

On center screen, the Auto FPS app (and the Adaptive LOD app) reports double FPS on center screen and correct FPS on side screens.

I have checked FPS with other FPS counting software and then equal (correct) FPS is reported on all screens.

This would imply that the apps detect incorrect FPS on center screen in a multi screen set up, and hence, does not control TLOD/OLOD and cloud settings correctly.

On my 3-screen set up the apps induce stutter no matter the TLOD/OLOD/cloud settings.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LGKR said:

I have a 3-screen set up and I have tried the app (and the Adaptive LOD app) and both apps incorrectly report that I have Frame Generation (FG) ENABLED on the CENTER screen, while NOT FG enabled on SIDE screens.

I do NOT have FG enabled at all.

On center screen, the Auto FPS app (and the Adaptive LOD app) reports double FPS on center screen and correct FPS on side screens.

I have checked FPS with other FPS counting software and then equal (correct) FPS is reported on all screens.

This would imply that the apps detect incorrect FPS on center screen in a multi screen set up, and hence, does not control TLOD/OLOD and cloud settings correctly.

On my 3-screen set up the apps induce stutter no matter the TLOD/OLOD/cloud settings.

I do not have a multiscreen, or from what your post implies a linked multi computer arrangement with multiple monitors, setup so there is no way I can replicate what you are seeing.

Also, FG detection only indicates FG if DX12 is enabled, read directly from your UserCfg.Opt file, and the FG setting in MSFS is set to on, which is read direct from an MSFS running memory location which has been verified on thousands of setups as correct, so unless you are mistaken on what settings you think you have set I don't know what else to look for.

Finally, as you are getting stutters no matter what the settings, I think your best course of action is to uninstall both apps and look for alternatives that may work with your configuration. I am sorry that the apps didn't work out for you.

Edit: There was an issue raised about a similar issue on my github issue section here, where the user ended up sorting it out themselves and the issue was subsequently closed, so this may be helpful in resolving the issue for you before resorting to uninstalling the apps.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

44 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I do not have a multiscreen, or from what your post implies a linked multi computer arrangement with multiple monitors, setup so there is no way I can replicate what you are seeing.

Also, FG detection only indicates FG if DX12 is enabled, read directly from your UserCfg.Opt file, and the FG setting in MSFS is set to on, which is read direct from an MSFS running memory location which has been verified on thousands of setups as correct, so unless you are mistaken on what settings you think you have set I don't know what else to look for.

Finally, as you are getting stutters no matter what the settings, I think your best course of action is to uninstall both apps and look for alternatives that may work with your configuration. I am sorry that the apps didn't work out for you.

Edit: There was an issue raised about a similar issue on my github issue section here, where the user ended up sorting it out themselves and the issue was subsequently closed, so this may be helpful in resolving the issue for you before resorting to uninstalling the apps.

Hi Reset

I checked the link, and my situation does seem somewhat similar as more than one screen was used.

I have a standard MSFS multi-screen setup, NOT a multi computer setup. I do not have any pop-out instruments or such - just visuals on 3 screens.

It would seen the app's FPS detection does not work on multi-screen setups. Could anything be done to rectify this?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, LGKR said:

Hi Reset

I checked the link, and my situation does seem somewhat similar as more than one screen was used.

I have a standard MSFS multi-screen setup, NOT a multi computer setup. I do not have any pop-out instruments or such - just visuals on 3 screens.

It would seen the app's FPS detection does not work on multi-screen setups. Could anything be done to rectify this?

If you can tell me how to set up a standard MSFS multi screen setup on the two different sized TVs I have (one is 4K and the other is 1080p, stacked on top of each other) so I cam at least approximate your set-up, then I could try and have a look at what is going on. But it will have to be next week because I am on coding holiday as of today. Perhaps message me direct.

Edited by Reset XPDR

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

24 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

If you can tell me how to set up a standard MSFS multi screen setup on the two different sized TVs I have (one is 4K and the other is 1080p, stacked on top of each other) so I cam at least approximate your set-up, then I could try and have a look at what is going on. But it will have to be next week because I am on coding holiday as of today. Perhaps message me direct.

Thanks for reply,

Just click on "experimental" in the settings and create a new render window there. Then drag the new window to the other screen. That's basically it.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-set-up-3-monitors/543985/3

• Like 1

I've been away for a bit but between the new beta and this tool things are incredibly smooth.  My hardware is no slouch but around heavier airports I'd get a lot of stuttering.  My only issue is on approach I get a lot of terrain popping now as the TLOD goes down which isn't unexpected.  I'm testing out different values to find a compromise.  50 may be a bit too low for visuals.  

• Like 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

I've been away for a bit but between the new beta and this tool things are incredibly smooth.  My hardware is no slouch but around heavier airports I'd get a lot of stuttering.  My only issue is on approach I get a lot of terrain popping now as the TLOD goes down which isn't unexpected.  I'm testing out different values to find a compromise.  50 may be a bit too low for visuals.  

I get terrain popping in places, at times it’s pretty severe. Looks like this new “feature” got worse in the beta. Are you using the AutoFPS mod? It really helps maintaining a stable fps

EDIT: hang on there, I’m in the autoFPS thread! Please disregard 🤭🫣

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I've so far refrained from adding to this [deservedly] busy thread as I have nothing new to add to all the helpful info that people have posted (a huge thank-you to all contributors).

So here goes! Most of all - a massive thank-you to Reset XPDR for this coding gem - and for the light-hearted and articulate way he's responded to all the comments here.

I've been running it from the very start of this thread and have tried (unsuccessfully) to break it. AutoFPS just works - and so very brilliantly. My modest sim is smoother than I have ever known.

So ... for anyone that's still on the fence ... just give it a whirl. It's an easy install - and doesn't damage your sim in any way. Even without (a) Reading the docs on Github, (b) Ploughing through this excellent thread or (c) Trying out any of the "Advanced" options you'll see major improvements in speed and smoothness.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

On 2/28/2024 at 10:45 PM, Reset XPDR said:

Yes that will get rid of it, plus you should also delete any icon it put on your desktop. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Watched a Youtube video tonight on this app, so I just downloaded the latest version, going to try it again. Will report back. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

In my case, I successfully downloaded and installed the utility. I saw an entry in the system tray. But, when I run it, it will disappear from the desktop. The system tray icon disappears as well. But when I try to restart it, I get an error message that it is still running. In Task Manager, I don't see it on the Processes page but I do find it on the details page marked as "Suspended." But, I can't end the process. I get an error message that the operation could not be completed and Access is denied.

When I tried to run the installer to remove the installation, it tells me the program is still running and asks me to shut it down which I can't do.

So, I did a shutdown and restart. At that point, I ran the installer to remove it. Removal was reported as successful. I reinstalled it. The installer reported that the install was successful. The main window appeared but again while trying to review the settings, it disappeared and I was back where I started. 

Running Windows 11 latest build. i9-13900K processor, 64 GB DDR 5-6400 RAM, RTX 4090 GPU. Running MSFS 1.37.5.0.

Do you have any idea what may be going on here or even give me a place to start looking?

Martin 

If you don't select "open window on app start", then you find the icon for the app on your taskbar or your hidden icons, right click on it and then select show window. The app will then appear.

Ken

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, LGKR said:

Thanks for reply,

Just click on "experimental" in the settings and create a new render window there. Then drag the new window to the other screen. That's basically it.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-set-up-3-monitors/543985/3

It is correct that only the main screen can make use of FG. 

From NVIDIA Team:

This is not a limitation of the GPU itself as it is an internal scaling filter, using AI tensors, but each game applies it differently.
There are games that apply it natively and the graphics engine uses it for all aspects of the game, so in situations with multiple screens it is complete. But there are games that use it at the internal level of textures, resolution, or graphic pixels and it only applies in real time to the game’s main rendering, and other secondary aspects are adjusted by effects of Motion Blur, Filtering, or the same graphics engine, modifying textures and resolution that are not in the field of vision.

In the case of MFS, they use DLSS 3 at the level of the main camera, like VRRR Shading, and since their main monitor is the main camera for the game, it only applies in that visual field and the other visual gamut remains in the normal rendering of the graphics engine.
There are more games that use this type of use such as Red Dead Redemption 2, Elder Scrolls Online, or Forza 5.

This is because the implementation is designed for the graphics engine first and for the main camera, so setups with 2 or 3 monitors are not taken into account, since it is extra performance and very rarely used, to optimize in these types of configurations.

Therefore, it depends on each game and developer how they implement it and it is not necessary to return your GPU if it is something that does not matter too much to you in this case since we cannot control the way or implementation of DLSS 2, 3 or Ray Tracing and each developer adjusts it based on their desires, optimization or performance for the general public.

Edited by GSalden
Added info

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0