On 2/22/2024 at 11:52 PM, Harrier77 said:

Hi, this it just to let you know that I am unable to download the file as Defender is flagging it as a potential virus.

Tell defender that its not a virus and then download.

First, thank you for an incredible app.  It has improved my flight sim display capability and associated performance greatly.

In the spirit of your request for possible improvements or enhancements to it, would it be possible to code a "Night Mode" toggle for the "on top" window?  The big bright white one works fine for daytime flights, but for night flights it's a big bright white box that is eye-numbing when displayed on a night flying display.  Could you include say a dark grey (or even black?) background for the box with appropriate lettering colors on it for night flying?  With a simple toggle switch (mouse click, etc) to switch from Day to Night mode?  It's not a show-stopper if no, but the "on top" box would be much less distracting for night flying if it had a "Night Mode" color scheme instead of a blinding white background one. 

Rick Ryan

7 hours ago, jarmstro said:

The app is fantastic. However I cannot get it to autostart. Th installer is not editing my exe.xml i think because its not in the default location? Could some one kindly post the relevant code so that I can manually edit the exe.xml file myself? 

EDIT Never mind, I found where the installer put the code and copied and pasted it into the correct exe.xml.

Mine doesn't auto start either. Where did the installed put the code, or what was the code? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

There should be no need at all to reinstall MSFS. Oh and DLSSG IIRC was meant to mean DLSSG If I Recall Correctly - too many acronyms hey! 🤪😄

I think I know what might be happening here. When you tried FG, you would have switched FG on in MSFS settings, but then you might have turned HAGS off which stops FG working and greys out FG in MSFS. However, MSFS has retained that FG in settings memory as on because that's what it last was before you disabled it externally and your usercfg.opt file setting of DLSSG being 1 indicates that is the case.

In short, try changing that DLSSG 1 line in usercfg.opt to DLSSG 0 before you start MSFS and see if that fixes it. Let me know how it goes.

Many thanks for your good advice, Reset!

I changed DLSSG from 1 to 0 in UserCfg.opt and, voila, now the Auto FPS app detects correct FPS on all screens. I shall now try the App again and see if I can tweak it to work optimally on my system.

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Mine doesn't auto start either. Where did the installed put the code, or what was the code? 

You will find that its added a new rogue exe.xml file in what it expected to be the default install path on your C drive. For me it was C:\Users\jarms\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator. If you cant find it add this to your exe.xml file

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>MSFS2020_AutoFPS</Name>
    <Path>C:\Users\jarms\AppData\Roaming\MSFS2020_AutoFPS\bin\MSFS2020_AutoFPS.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

And edit the \jarms\ part to you own C:\Users\ ? \ path. As you can see I am no coder!!😀 But Im up and running and it auto starts. And if you find the erroneously created new file the above is the only part  of the code you need.

(I only know about this because of a hilarious fight I had with Aerosoft after I submitted a support ticket with regard to the DRM for the E175 who's installer did exactly the same thing. Aerosoft simply refused to believe that it was possible for the exe.xml file to be anywhere other than in the default location! 50 screenshots and emails later they finally twigged and sorted the installer!😀)

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

Hi there,

This app seems to be a little gem. I am about to try but do not know what target FPS to set.

I use 1/2 refresh rate Vsync through Nvidia panel to naturally limit my FPS at 30. What target should I use in the auto FPS app ?

Best regards,

Pierre

1 hour ago, Pochi said:

Hi there,

This app seems to be a little gem. I am about to try but do not know what target FPS to set.

I use 1/2 refresh rate Vsync through Nvidia panel to naturally limit my FPS at 30. What target should I use in the auto FPS app ?

Best regards,

Pierre

I’d set it to 27. Rule of thumb is about 5% lower than locked FPS.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

You will find that its added a new rogue exe.xml file in what it expected to be the default install path on your C drive. For me it was C:\Users\jarms\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator. If you cant find it add this to your exe.xml file

<Launch.Addon>
    <Path>C:\Users\jarms\AppData\Roaming\MSFS2020_AutoFPS\bin\MSFS2020_AutoFPS.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

And edit the \jarms\ part to you own C:\Users\ ? \ path. As you can see I am no coder!!😀 But Im up and running and it auto starts. And if you find the erroneously created new file the above is the only part  of the code you need.

(I only know about this because of a hilarious fight I had with Aerosoft after I submitted a support ticket with regard to the DRM for the E175 who's installer did exactly the same thing. Aerosoft simply refused to believe that it was possible for the exe.xml file to be anywhere other than in the default location! 50 screenshots and emails later they finally twigged and sorted the installer!😀)

Since release of v0.3.6, I have been unable to use autostart with MSFS. When selecting the option to do so, the process ends with "Exception "System.IO.FileNotFoundException during AutoStartExe". When selecting the option to not use autostart, all versions work great.

When looking for the "exe.xml" in the "bin" folder for the app as suggested by jarmstro above, it is not there. When using a search indexer to see if an ".xml" file associated with MSFS_AutoFPS is located anywhere else, none were found. Any ideas why I'm unable to autostart with MSFS?

1 hour ago, PastTimer said:

When looking for the "exe.xml" in the "bin" folder for the app as suggested by jarmstro above, it is not there. When using a search indexer to see if an ".xml" file associated with MSFS_AutoFPS is located anywhere else, none were found. Any ideas why I'm unable to autostart with MSFS?

I found the same thing, no .xml file, and I looked everywhere. No big deal to start this app manually, I do that with FSLTL too.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PastTimer said:

Since release of v0.3.6, I have been unable to use autostart with MSFS. When selecting the option to do so, the process ends with "Exception "System.IO.FileNotFoundException during AutoStartExe". When selecting the option to not use autostart, all versions work great.

Find your MS2020 exe.xml file and edit it as I've tried to explain. I'm sorry that I can't be more precise than this but I'm no geek. Some one else may be able to help you locate the file.

The exe.xml is basically a file which lists all the external programs that need to be started when MS2020 launches. Most installers can find it but this one just assumes it's in the default location which in many cases it isn't. I'm guessing that this will be corrected before too long.

Edited by jarmstro

@Reset XPDR

Hey I just created an account here because I heard about that handy little tool. I just wanted to say thanks! It works really well for me on my Ryzen 7700x, 32GB DDR5 6200Mhz, 4090 & 2TB SSD. 

My FPS was pretty much locked at 90 but was dipping in the 50's on heavy scenarios. 

• Like 2

Real Life Flight Sim Pilot

1 hour ago, Corsten said:

So there is a new one called SmoothFlight: https://sites.google.com/view/meeshtrax/smooth-flight-app

So now there is three diffrent apps.

edit. Seems, that this new Smooth Flight has same taskbar icon than AutoFPS. I dont know what is the deal here. And it says "autoFPS is allready" running. 

Yeah i wonder about the coincident of now having two apps doing almost exactly the same, just with different UI's.

Is one of them code stolen from the other ?

I think ResetXPDR's Dynamic LOD and Auto FPS came first.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

For those having autostart install issues, the readme tells you how to resolve this as follows:

• If you get an exception 'System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException' during AutoStartExe when trying to install with the autostart option for MSFS, it usually means that your MSFS installation is missing the required EXE.xml file in which to place the autostart entry. To resolve, you need to go to your MSFS root user directory (MS Store Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft. FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ or Steam Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator") and manually create an EXE.xml file and save it there. You can use the following EXE.xml template, inserting your Windows username where shown:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Path>C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MSFS2020_AutoFPS\bin\MSFS2020_AutoFPS.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Did a couple of flights over the weekend to really test out this app, first was OMAA to VABB in the Horizon 789. To clarify I run MSFS mostly on the ultra preset with just a few changes to shadows and grain. I do not currently run photogrammetry as it kills the internet for everyone else in the house. I also run PSXT live traffic with FSLTL and AIG for models and liveries, and have DSR upscaled to 4k. 

Flew into Mumbai under a haze of smoke/smog/pollution as per live weather, my app is set up as per @Cpt_Piett's numbers as he seems to be the most ardent tester of the program, My FPS was on 60 from TOD all the way to the runway - did not move one bit. I did record this with the new nvidia app but have no idea how to share it here. 

Being seriously impressed I just had to fly again. This time from NZAA to YSSY, again with the 789, using an 8k livery. Weather on arrival was clear in Sydney so I went and changed it to heavy clouds to really test it. Again, the needle was on 60 and did not drop at all. The nvidia app decided it didn't want to work anymore so unfortunately there is no record of this landing. 

All in all I am seriously blown away by what this app can do, to have a flight sim looking and performing like this does is just fantastic. Best thing is for someone like me who is extremely watchful over CPU and GPU temps, both were in the mid to late 50° for the entirety of both flights.

• Upvote 1

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc