September 11Sep 11 Author 8 hours ago, Lange_666 said:Widget works fine.Q: When i run AutoFPS (or run the installer) i get a message that's it's running with admin rights and that it should not.However, as far as i can check it does NOT run with admin rights... (run with admin rights is unchecked).Thanks for the feedback on the widget.The app is indicating what Windows is telling it, so if it says Admin mode then that is what it is. Even if Run as Admin is unchecked, it can still open as Admin if your user account is set up that way or, more commonly, if the app is launched from another app that itself is running as Admin (MSFS Addons Linker is the usual suspect).In any case, it is only a warning as the installer and app can run with Admin rights, but on some users systems it causes problems, hence why for the app I want the log to show if Admin mode is in use because that could be the cause. If you are not having issues, then ignore it. 9800X3D | 4090 | 64GB | 2+1TB NVME | 2TB SSD | 2TB HDD | 85/50/43” TVs | Quest 3 | DOF H3 Motion Rig | Buttkicker | T.16000M Flight Kit MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance FG 80 FPS | VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW | MSFS VR DLSS Quality, Ultra Preset - Windows 11 Acer Nitro 5 | i5-11400H | RTX 3060 6 GB | 32GB DDR4 | 15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz | 2 x 512 GB SSD | Windows 11
September 11Sep 11 Author 2 hours ago, JetClipperJR said:Thanks for trying it out. It looks as though it is working properly. I do note that you have dead space at the bottom of the widget, which you can resolve by resizing the widget vertically. The reason that it is currently this way is that I had issues dead space with sizing when I initially tried proportional scaling, so actual widget sizing currently only works width-wise and you need to manually adjust height to suit. Now that scope of the widget is pretty much locked in, I will have another go at proportional scaling and hope to have it in the next test release.BTW, if you don't want to stay on the test version, that's fine too. It is easy enough to auto revert by just changing the update channel to Release on app startup, whereby you will be presented with a prompt to auto-revert to the latest release version. 9800X3D | 4090 | 64GB | 2+1TB NVME | 2TB SSD | 2TB HDD | 85/50/43” TVs | Quest 3 | DOF H3 Motion Rig | Buttkicker | T.16000M Flight Kit MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance FG 80 FPS | VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW | MSFS VR DLSS Quality, Ultra Preset - Windows 11 Acer Nitro 5 | i5-11400H | RTX 3060 6 GB | 32GB DDR4 | 15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz | 2 x 512 GB SSD | Windows 11
September 11Sep 11 Author 46 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:The widget works fine on my system (and looks great), but it hasn't quite the functionality of the main app - or am I missing something? I suppose it's handy to see the info on the main sim screen, but I find ALT-TAB'ing to the app itself just as quick/easy.Either way, it's still an absolute must have for my sim sessions - many thanks!EDIT: Does the widget get updated along with the regular (beta/exp) updates - or does it have to be done separately?Yes it is intentional that the widget is only a subset of what you see or can interact with in the main app. I want to keep the widget small and just have key features accessible on the expectation that you have previously set your flight profiles up completely with the app UI.Also yes, once you have installed the widget, the app installer detect whether it is currently installed and will configure the MSFS Widget option accordingly. When using auto-update, it assumes that if you currently have it installed that you still do want it installed and will auto update itself if need be to work with the app version you are installing.If you later choose to not want the widget installed, run the installer, uncheck MSFS Widget, then click update. That will remove the widget from your Community folder and subsequent installer runs, auto-update or manual, will have that option unchecked. Edited September 11Sep 11 by Reset XPDR 9800X3D | 4090 | 64GB | 2+1TB NVME | 2TB SSD | 2TB HDD | 85/50/43” TVs | Quest 3 | DOF H3 Motion Rig | Buttkicker | T.16000M Flight Kit MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance FG 80 FPS | VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW | MSFS VR DLSS Quality, Ultra Preset - Windows 11 Acer Nitro 5 | i5-11400H | RTX 3060 6 GB | 32GB DDR4 | 15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz | 2 x 512 GB SSD | Windows 11
September 12Sep 12 I just installed the new beta for MSFS 2024. Your software works fine. However the warning about exceeding graphic appears and is then persistent on all views until you go to main menu exiting the flight. I just wanted to alert you. Again, I have no reason to believe it’s your awesome app. X670 Aorus Elite AX, 7950x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15
September 12Sep 12 Author 54 minutes ago, mrbill38119 said:I just installed the new beta for MSFS 2024. Your software works fine. However the warning about exceeding graphic appears and is then persistent on all views until you go to main menu exiting the flight. I just wanted to alert you. Again, I have no reason to believe it’s your awesome app.Thanks for the heads up. I just checked to confirm the latest version of the app is still compatible with the new SU7 beta, and it is, so the most likely reason for the graphics exceeded message is just the MSFS beta doing beta things or the TLOD and OLOD settings you have set in AutoFPS are so high as to cause this anyway. If you want to confirm, just note the TLOD and OLOD AutoFPS has set when the graphics exceeded message appears, quit AutoFPS then set those same TLOD and OLOD settings in MSFS settings. If you still get the graphics exceeded message, then turn down your TLOD and OLOD settings in MSFS until you don't then set those same limits in AutoFPS. If you don't get the message when AutoFPS is not running and TLOD and OLOD are set the same as when it is running, it could be AutoFPS. If it happens again let me know your settings via PM and I will attempt to recreate. 9800X3D | 4090 | 64GB | 2+1TB NVME | 2TB SSD | 2TB HDD | 85/50/43” TVs | Quest 3 | DOF H3 Motion Rig | Buttkicker | T.16000M Flight Kit MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance FG 80 FPS | VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW | MSFS VR DLSS Quality, Ultra Preset - Windows 11 Acer Nitro 5 | i5-11400H | RTX 3060 6 GB | 32GB DDR4 | 15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz | 2 x 512 GB SSD | Windows 11
September 12Sep 12 It's not AutoFPS. after futher investjgating, if I do a restart of the flight, it doesn't happen anymore. Just one of those beta bugs.😄 X670 Aorus Elite AX, 7950x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15
September 12Sep 12 Author 3 minutes ago, mrbill38119 said:It's not AutoFPS. after futher investjgating, if I do a restart of the flight, it doesn't happen anymore. Just one of those beta bugs.😄I was hoping that would be the case. Thanks for letting me know! 9800X3D | 4090 | 64GB | 2+1TB NVME | 2TB SSD | 2TB HDD | 85/50/43” TVs | Quest 3 | DOF H3 Motion Rig | Buttkicker | T.16000M Flight Kit MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance FG 80 FPS | VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW | MSFS VR DLSS Quality, Ultra Preset - Windows 11 Acer Nitro 5 | i5-11400H | RTX 3060 6 GB | 32GB DDR4 | 15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz | 2 x 512 GB SSD | Windows 11
September 12Sep 12 Author 8 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:Thanks for the feedback on the widget.The app is indicating what Windows is telling it, so if it says Admin mode then that is what it is. Even if Run as Admin is unchecked, it can still open as Admin if your user account is set up that way or, more commonly, if the app is launched from another app that itself is running as Admin (MSFS Addons Linker is the usual suspect).In any case, it is only a warning as the installer and app can run with Admin rights, but on some users systems it causes problems, hence why for the app I want the log to show if Admin mode is in use because that could be the cause. If you are not having issues, then ignore it.@Lange_666 , further to this, I had Copilot, Google Gemini and Claude Code double check my code that detects Admin mode and they all say it is correct. Gemini also said that you can verify the privilege state of any running app in Windows by doing the following:Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc).Go to the Details tab.Right-click any column header (e.g., Name) and choose Select columns.Check the box for Elevated and click OK.Look at MSFS_AutoFPS.exe—if the column shows Yes, then the app is indeed running as Admin.eg. when I run it as Adminand run it normally 9800X3D | 4090 | 64GB | 2+1TB NVME | 2TB SSD | 2TB HDD | 85/50/43” TVs | Quest 3 | DOF H3 Motion Rig | Buttkicker | T.16000M Flight Kit MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance FG 80 FPS | VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW | MSFS VR DLSS Quality, Ultra Preset - Windows 11 Acer Nitro 5 | i5-11400H | RTX 3060 6 GB | 32GB DDR4 | 15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz | 2 x 512 GB SSD | Windows 11
September 12Sep 12 Author 8 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:Thanks for trying it out. It looks as though it is working properly. I do note that you have dead space at the bottom of the widget, which you can resolve by resizing the widget vertically. The reason that it is currently this way is that I had issues dead space with sizing when I initially tried proportional scaling, so actual widget sizing currently only works width-wise and you need to manually adjust height to suit. Now that scope of the widget is pretty much locked in, I will have another go at proportional scaling and hope to have it in the next test release.An update on this. I had another look at proportional scaling today and it is still not going to be possible because the aspect ratio of the drawn widget changes with size. Also, when trialling a locked aspect ratio, it resulted in blurred text which I did not deem acceptable.As such, I have decided to leave the widget window sizing as is. The best method to adjust if you need to it is to set your width first, as that is what scales the drawn widget, then set your height to either reveal the entire widget or clear dead space as appropriate. 9800X3D | 4090 | 64GB | 2+1TB NVME | 2TB SSD | 2TB HDD | 85/50/43” TVs | Quest 3 | DOF H3 Motion Rig | Buttkicker | T.16000M Flight Kit MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance FG 80 FPS | VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW | MSFS VR DLSS Quality, Ultra Preset - Windows 11 Acer Nitro 5 | i5-11400H | RTX 3060 6 GB | 32GB DDR4 | 15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz | 2 x 512 GB SSD | Windows 11
September 12Sep 12 @Reset XPDR : Just checked, i have MSFS 2024 running as Admin so that will be the problem.Don't know why as i can't remember setting it that way. Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S for VR
September 12Sep 12 Awesome work on the widget, for VR use I've long since been using Desktop+ to bring AutoFPS into the virtual space (amongst other apps to keep an eye on). If I get time I'll try it out this weekend Edited September 12Sep 12 by MarcG Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte RX 9070 XT OC 16gb (AMD GPU), 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1 Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)
September 12Sep 12 Author 37 minutes ago, MarcG said:Awesome work on the widget, for VR use I've long since been using Desktop+ to bring AutoFPS into the virtual space (amongst other apps to keep an eye on). If I get time I'll try it out this weekendI've been doing the same for my VR flying in the past, but with FSKneeboard instead. I've done a few longer flights with the new AutoFPS widget instead recently and IMO it works very well, providing key information and some useful control of the core app without taking up too much real estate in the VR cockpit. I hope you find it similarly useful. Edited September 12Sep 12 by Reset XPDR 9800X3D | 4090 | 64GB | 2+1TB NVME | 2TB SSD | 2TB HDD | 85/50/43” TVs | Quest 3 | DOF H3 Motion Rig | Buttkicker | T.16000M Flight Kit MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance FG 80 FPS | VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW | MSFS VR DLSS Quality, Ultra Preset - Windows 11 Acer Nitro 5 | i5-11400H | RTX 3060 6 GB | 32GB DDR4 | 15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz | 2 x 512 GB SSD | Windows 11
September 12Sep 12 1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:I've been doing the same for my VR flying in the past, but with FSKneeboard instead. I've done a few longer flights with the new AutoFPS widget instead recently and IMO it works very well, providing key information and some useful control of the core app without taking up too much real estate in the VR cockpit. I hope you find it similarly useful.ok managed a quick flight with it now, working perfectly and the addition of a Dark Mode is another hugely welcome feature so thank you for that.If I may request something minor; I'm not sure if you're familiar with Sky4Sim but they added a great touch whereby you can hide the outer edge & title area to make it more "clean", you just click a little icon and it's visually more appealing, screenshots below to demonstrate what I mean. Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte RX 9070 XT OC 16gb (AMD GPU), 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1 Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)
September 12Sep 12 Author 1 hour ago, MarcG said:ok managed a quick flight with it now, working perfectly and the addition of a Dark Mode is another hugely welcome feature so thank you for that.If I may request something minor; I'm not sure if you're familiar with Sky4Sim but they added a great touch whereby you can hide the outer edge & title area to make it more "clean", you just click a little icon and it's visually more appealing, screenshots below to demonstrate what I mean.I have been considering doing that, so I'll have a go at it. I will even try to sync its setting to the same state as the app title bar being shown or not in the main app window. 9800X3D | 4090 | 64GB | 2+1TB NVME | 2TB SSD | 2TB HDD | 85/50/43” TVs | Quest 3 | DOF H3 Motion Rig | Buttkicker | T.16000M Flight Kit MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance FG 80 FPS | VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW | MSFS VR DLSS Quality, Ultra Preset - Windows 11 Acer Nitro 5 | i5-11400H | RTX 3060 6 GB | 32GB DDR4 | 15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz | 2 x 512 GB SSD | Windows 11
September 12Sep 12 Working really well for me, I have it on the Flow Pro wheel.Lee Lee H i9 13900KF 64GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090
Create an account or sign in to comment