Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

"Ground Environment X" Released

I'm having trouble finding what makes these textures better. I installed it and had to reinstall the default textures and take screenshots to compare them. Not really the jaw dropping change I was hoping for. So far, the textures aren't really better, just different I guess.

>Turn off the encasement option in Ultimate Terrain X. That>will solve this issue.>>Anthony is looking at this now and will have an update>hopefully shortly.This is happening because of the color selection that UT used for Fall/early winter encasements. It is a bit odd that they would have chosen this color....but an alternative solution may be to reduce the encasement to 20 meters +/-, which still allows the freeways to be seen a bit better than totally blending with the scenery texture. I just tested mine at 20m and here is the result:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180907.jpgNot too bad if you ask me, and it can be increased again with seasonal changes and more appropriate color matches.

Is there a recommended setting for FS autogen?Someone mentioned leaving it to GEX.How does that happen?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I use FS Genesis, Cloud 9, and UTX. Now I want GEX. I see that UTX is OK with GEX, but what about Cloud 9 products? Should I delete them or keep them?Stan

Where did you find the encasement widths?All I find are roads, rural etc.set at 25M.Is this what you changed?Thanks,Ron

Guest JimC1702

Cloud 9 is a landclass product, it will work fine with GEX. GEX is just textures, the landclass tells it which textures to place where.Jim

Ron, under 'Advanced', select 'Modify Terrain Feature Widths'

Found it.Thanks,Ron

Thanks Steve.I think one problem with GEX is that it actually takes a bit of time to find the sweet spot, as opposed to your other programs like FEX, GE Pro, and EE that gave an immediate "WOW!" factor the moment you saw them on the screen.I look forward to finding more of the GEX sweet spots, and to seeing more texture sets being released.

I solved my blurries by changing 'FSAA to 4X' and 'AF to 8X' in my nVidia control panel, and clamp to 'use hardware'. In FSX settings 'AA is checked' and 'trilinear' selected.Currently using 7950GX2 with 169.94 driver release.The 158.27 release is just as good.