Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

1 minute ago, Gumerson said:

Sure!
I installed B2 without uninstalling previous version. I had this trouble before. Failures was set to none. 

Thanks for your help

Richard

I also did not uninstall. Never had that problem though. Did you start on the runway?

First flight completed, CYYZ-KMSP. Had some time to read the changelog (wow) during cruise, and found my answer to the tiller question in the knowledge base 🥴 

I also changed to the recommended sensitivity settings before landing, with SDS and rudder damping on. It sure felt very different when hand-flying final approach, will take some getting used to. I found that much less elevator input was required during flare - the aircraft basically landed itself.

Just realized I set the rudder sensitivity wrong, as it should be linear with damping on, if I understand it correctly:

Rudder damping: This can be used with linear rudder sensitivity, followed by adjusting the sensitivity per your preferences. If you do not use the rudder damping option, we recommend a minimum sensitivity as such:

Performance was absolutely stellar at both of the busy airports filled with FSLTL. Of course I did a CapFrameX during last 20 mins of flight. There’s a few spikes here and there when changing views, screenshots etc, but all in all surprisingly decent performance, even when maxing out the settings and turning resolution up to 5461x2880.

kp1m0A8.jpeg

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Oh, one question: I guess we have do install Navigraph navdata again after upgrading?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Same here. Spectacular and smooth. Maybe the blue tone of the panel is a bit weird until you get used to.

Best.

Miquel.

I never start on the runway but now yes after getting  back loading a new flight. The fact is I can not clear the failure as before, maybe I'm wrong but thought it was so simple like clicking clr on mcdu and later in the corresponding lsk. Gonna get back to main menu and try to load a different livery.

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Oh, one question: I guess we have do install Navigraph navdata again after upgrading?

I did it and it works properly.

Miquel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi  , how do you actually test it(Pedal Disc)? By going outside and see your nose wheel isnt turning when using your rudder pedals?

In the previous version the rudder pedals in the aircraft are not moving when pushing pedal disc, and turning is by tiller / nose wheel only. I haven’t gone outside the plane to look, just assumed it worked 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAD said:

indeed. away from my big screen so in case you find anything... let me know

I'm seeing various lvars that do look like they're exactly what you would need to drive a FCU display (i.e. what FenixQuartz was required for so far). These appear to come in pairs that tell you whether a given parameter is managed and selected, and what the selected parameter is.

I_FCU_SPEED_MANAGED
N_FCU_SPEED

I_FCU_HEADING_MANAGED
N_FCU_HEADING
(In TRK/FPA mode, N_FCU_HEADING is the selected track.)

I_FCU_ALTITUDE_MANAGED
N_FCU_ALTITUDE

N_FCU_VS
(In TRK/FPA mode, N_FCU_VS is the flight path angle times 1000 -- so an FPA of +2.5, for example, would correspond to 2500.)
This is the only parameter for which I can't find a corresponding "MANAGED" variable. Maybe this is because there is no concept of "managed vertical speed" -- but one would still need to know whether to display dashes in the vertical speed window, and I'm not sure how one would determine this. Maybe I just haven't found the right variable, maybe this is an oversight by the developers.

In any case, this is looking pretty good for being able to drive displays on a hardware FCU without FenixQuartz.

Edit: It looks as if the I_FCU variables already existed prior to B2, as there are existing entries for them on HubHop. The N_FCU variables appear to be new; I just added them to HubHop. 

Edited by martinboehme
  • Like 2

So... I'm starting a flight from cold and dark at the gate. All of the GSX options are enabled, but nothing is happening. I tried calling the fuel truck. It arrived, but it wants me to input the fuel quantity. How do I get it set up so the services start and use the simbrief values? 

Edit: I found it. You have to go to the Mass & Balance screen, select "load aircraft", and then click GSX. It called the fuel truck...

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

28 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I believe so. The Getting Started guide in the knowledge base lists updating Navigraph navdata as one of the steps to perform before starting up the sim.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

So... I'm starting a flight from cold and dark at the gate. All of the GSX options are enabled, but nothing is happening. I tried calling the fuel truck. It arrived, but it wants me to input the fuel quantity. How do I get it set up so the services start and use the simbrief values? 

Did you configure GSX and the EFB as per the instructions? Then do this:

In the 'Mass and Balance' page, Click ‘Load Aircraft’ and select ‘GSX’ to start boarding. GSX boarding will automatically start and the passengers, cargo and fuel will be progressively loaded as reported to the aircraft by GSX.

https://kb.fenixsim.com/gsx-integration

Edited by Cpt_Piett

4 hours ago, Divij said:

Not going to be able to update for some time, but for those who can, is it possible to disable Fuel + Catering in the GSX tab? 

Ideally I’d like to disable boarding too as my system can’t really handle the GSX passenger animations in VR. Is that an option? 

I noticed the GSX menu gave those options

What can i say, simply stunning. from the GSX integration, through to vnav, you guys knocked it out the park with this update.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

It's still there, in the EFB settings -> controls (I think). Has to be enabled per livery. "L+R" is now the new name for linking pilots' baros (but not the standby baro).

Ah found it, thanks.

I just completed my flight from SFO to SEA in the UA A320 IAE engines.  Flight went well without any issues.  Weather in SEA is pretty bad with multiple layers of clouds.  I got all the payware add on scenery you can get for this area.  My computer these days is lower mid level now but even then I did not really suffer any severe performance issues.  I could tell I was loosing frames when flying between clouds but its hardly noticeable.  I have the 8K textures installed and next flight might give the 4K a go and see if its even better.  

Landing behavior seems improved over the previous versions of the Fenix A320.  About the only thing I noticed is the fuel burn seemed to be a tad low but not sure?  I am not real familiar with the A320 but at FL320 cruising at Mach .78 I was seeing about 2500 lbs per engine.  Maybe that is accurate but maybe it was not?

Overall pretty impressed.  Can't wait for the Sharklet versions and the A319 and A321.  I am thinking and hoping that most of the dirty work was done when creating this version of the A320.  The rest is 80% modeling and tweaking things for the different versions.  The A319 and A321 might be sooner than we think.  Maybe summer and worse case the end of the year.  I am no developer though so take it with a grain of salt but hopefully its not year(S) away!  

• Like 2