Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

cannot even open their website. It's "loading"

I guess the server is down, I was lucky to get it before it went down I guess 😄

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

INIT A page in the MCDU, request flight plan on the right side (or whatever it is called).

Many thanks.

Just now, techman said:

Performance was incredibly improved. Wow. 

And finally flare and flaps 3 are working close to the reality. 

What an update. 

Yeah flare seems really different. I have to pull a lot less than before, which is realistic, but needs some time to get used to after all those years 😉

Wow! Everything went super-smooth, from download (I was early) all the way up to FL300 😄 New GSX integration is a neat feature, seemed to work as advertised, just need to take a deep-dive into the GSX EFB settings sometime later. 

One thing: I couldn't use the PEDAL DISC button on the tiller to control tiller with my rudder pedals. IIRC in the previous version there was an option in the EFB under controls...

The level of detail on the flight deck is insane - did they upgrade this? (haven't had the time to read through the whole changelog yet)

JA6LL5H.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 5

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I guess the server is down

works where I am as we speak

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

So much things improved, but I'm enjoying playing a gif as EFB background 😅 Sorry devs, I promise I will enjoy all of the other features 😄

ezgif-1-11db8d56a7.gif

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, 40track said:

Ok doesnt show up.

importing from simbrief was and still is tricky. I strongly suggest to check some tutorials on youtube. a quick search on Fenix' KB was not too successful except you start from INIT Request

https://kb.fenixsim.com/i-received-aoc-sec-f-pln-uplink-after-init-request

Then you need to count to 3 or even 5 and then select SEC F-PLN on the MCDU and click import (IIRC) and then ACTIVATE... enroute now so cannot check until landed in some 30-40min from now 🙂 now if I could google on the new EFB ... 🤔

Edited by DAD
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

13 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Yeah flare seems really different. I have to pull a lot less than before, which is realistic, but needs some time to get used to after all those years 😉

This is what I'm looking forward to most.  The last 50 feet of landing has always felt very dynamic and unpredictable, and also IRL Airbus pilots have called this out on videos saying this was one area where the FBW felt far more realistic.  Glad to hear it might be better!  Looking forward to trying....

Edited by Iiari
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DAD said:

importing from simbrief was and still is tricky. I strongly suggest to check some tutorials on youtube. a quick search on Fenix' KB was not too successful except you start from INIT Request

https://kb.fenixsim.com/i-received-aoc-sec-f-pln-uplink-after-init-request

Then you need to count to 3 or even 5 and then select SEC F-PLN on the MCDU and click import (IIRC) and then ACTIVATE... enroute now so cannot check until landed in some 30-40min from now 🙂

Thanks. Just flown yesterday now no pilot id anywhere to enter not even in the app.

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Wow! Everything went super-smooth, from download (I was early) all the way up to FL300 😄 New GSX integration is a neat feature, seemed to work as advertised, just need to take a deep-dive into the GSX EFB settings sometime later. 

One thing: I couldn't use the PEDAL DISC button on the tiller to control tiller with my rudder pedals. IIRC in the previous version there was an option in the EFB under controls...

The level of detail on the flight deck is insane - did they upgrade this? (haven't had the time to read through the whole changelog yet)

x4B7koT.png

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

3 minutes ago, 40track said:

Thanks. Just flown yesterday now no pilot id anywhere to enter not even in the app.

It's in the EFB, click the setting app on the EFP then you can enter your simbrief user ID...

With Block 2, the Simbrief username has now been moved to the EFB > Settings app.

does anybody read the knowledge base at all 😕

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

They moved the 4K livery option to the Settings menu of the livery manager if anyone is wondering.

Yes but even when selected I downloaded BA and EZY 4k but showed 8k installed?!

58 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I assume FS2Crew does not work, right?

Just finished full flight with Fenix 2 on SU15 Beta, no issues with FS2Crew noted, everything worked as usual.

• Like 4

Crazy isn't it.... all the problems and super slow downloads when MSFS releases an update.   And the Fenix B2?  ... must be a fair amount of users downloading.       1 minute 51 seconds for 1.8Gb.

Great job on service delivery as well as the update, @Aamir  👍

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)