Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Well, I just completed my first, full flight

I loaded in yesterday but then found my AAO scripts weren't working so I abandoned it - I just cannot fly using the mouse for FCU manipulation!  I use key assignments and hardware.  For me, it's equal to having to fly without a joystick or yoke!  Anyway, that was an issue at my end, as I reinstalled Guenseli's script and now it works fine. 😎

Yes, there are a few bugs but an absolutely phenomenal experience, gate to gate.  I really love the feel of the SDS personally. I'm using it with a completely 'straight' sensitivities set up, and prefer it that way.  (Tried the -20% but felt a little too dulled down to me).

No issues at all in the flight - I set my turbulance to low before the flight and had no AP disconnects.

Are you all remembering to click and turn up the volume knobs for 'cab' and 'PA' on the audio panel? ..... the PA announcements, and calls from the cain crew to the cockpit, are absolutely amazing.

Overall, I'm scoring Block 2 as 9.5 out of 10.    The 0.5 deduction is that I would personally like the maximum brightness of the screens to be a little.... brighter.     Perhaps the current level is realistic.   But on my monitor, I'd just enjoy them if they were a little brighter.

I realized just how much this has gone up a step in functionality, when I got a "TCAS on STBY" warning on the ECAM, at take-off. For me, this A320 is now the best I've used in any sim. It pips the FSL for me now (personally) and the ToLiss in XP and is almost as good as the "AirSimmer A320" for FS2004 😆...... (joke!).

I cannot wait for the A319 and A321 to extend my fleet and operations.   But yes, this is now a very special addon for MSFS.  

Sets a new bar.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Managed one finally.....With exception of AP disconnect (solved), landed safely. What amazed me, was manual flight for about 30 min...really nice and as precise as possible. Landing was better then V1 but will say more when I land few more times and check that "flare". Stick sensitivity? Well, I am not sure about that, I think I will keep my old setting with bigger "dead zone". I think that should be preference anyway. 

GSX works exactly as it should and as advertised...very nice. And of course, I am still not liking the engine sound...to me it's not the same that I am used to,  but that's my problem. Other than that, everything works fine so far, I am flying into sunset now and will see how lights are going to illuminate cockpit, hopefully better then previous version.

Alex 

Anyone else getting constantly Flaps 3 config takeoff on the EFB ? 

• Upvote 1

Roi Ben

Only completed half a flight so far, but pretty solid update IMO. Seems to work well with the existing FS2Crew voice control. Need to run a couple of full flights to see the overall feel but love it so far. How can you not. The little 'Send to MCDU' things are nice as well. We are spoilt kids, aren't we.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

2 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I am 100% sure that this take off was as smooth as butter...but who knows

Same here hand-flying the departure - I didn't deviate much from the flight director. I think it might be a bug. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

51 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

There is no deadzone guidance as this depends on user preference.

Got it, thanks. Set 3% across the board. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

On my 3rd flight in B2, now CFM, CYYZ-KMDW. Suddenly AP disconnected at FL350. Got it working again w/ Aamir's advice + this: 

Cycle the throttles to idle and back to climb and also wiggle the joystick around. It seems that protections are kicking in (or nearly so) and that the AP then gets locked out

35 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Same here hand-flying the departure - I didn't deviate much from the flight director. I think it might be a bug. 

Lol, I couldn't stay on flight director at all, but that was simply because I was in awe about how GSX worked in auto mode, the performance, etc. Ergo, the FD didn't have my attention 🍻!

• Upvote 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Just completed my 1st ever Fenix flight and I loved it, EGLL to LPPT. No issues at all except my rudder pedal settings with the damper on had the opposite effect for me, the slightest touch left or right and the plane was swinging very easily to either side. Turned damper off and set the sensitivity to -40 and it was perfect.

All the audio in the cockpit from the engines and cabin were great and the control of the stick was buttery smooth, it really felt like I had full control especially during the landing where I slightly ballooned the flare but that's on me.

I had a warning on approach in red once I flicked off the AP "Auto FLT AP OFF" with a constant warning chime which slightly threw me off as I came over the threshold. No idea what that means if anyone could enlighten me.

Overall I'm very pleased. A solid addition to my hangar.

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

1 hour ago, JYW said:

... Yes, there are a few bugs but an absolutely phenomenal experience, gate to gate.  I really love the feel of the SDS personally ...

Overall, I'm scoring Block 2 as 9.5 out of 10 ...

... For me, this A320 is now the best I've used in any sim. It pips the FSL for me now (personally) and the ToLiss in XP ...

I cannot wait for the A319 and A321 to extend my fleet and operations.   But yes, this is now a very special addon for MSFS.  

Sets a new bar.

Absolutely agree. I especially like the feel of hand flying this bird now with SDS, something special about it. As an overall A320 add-on yes best in any sim for me too, and quite frankly with this as a base for Fenix's upcoming A319/A321 with surely even more improvements, and what we'll get for the nominal extra charge, I'm more than covered now in MSFS for A32x/31x payware.. and have no need for other payware of this aircraft range, unless they bring something extra that's really special (very doubtful), and I don't mean the NEO (especially when we also have two stellar NEO implementations free of charge)

New bar definitely set.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

44 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Just completed my 1st ever Fenix flight and I loved it, EGLL to LPPT. No issues at all except my rudder pedal settings with the damper on had the opposite effect for me, the slightest touch left or right and the plane was swinging very easily to either side. Turned damper off and set the sensitivity to -40 and it was perfect.

All the audio in the cockpit from the engines and cabin were great and the control of the stick was buttery smooth, it really felt like I had full control especially during the landing where I slightly ballooned the flare but that's on me.

I had a warning on approach in red once I flicked off the AP "Auto FLT AP OFF" with a constant warning chime which slightly threw me off as I came over the threshold. No idea what that means if anyone could enlighten me.

Overall I'm very pleased. A solid addition to my hangar.

Press the autopilot disconnect twice to silence the chime. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Absolutely agree. I especially like the feel of hand flying this bird now with SDS, something special about it. As an overall A320 add-on yes best in any sim for me too, and quite frankly with this as a base for Fenix's upcoming A319/A321 with surely even more improvements, and what we'll get for the nominal extra charge, I'm more than covered now in MSFS for A32x/31x payware.. and have no need for other payware of this aircraft range, unless they bring something extra that's really special (very doubtful), and I don't mean the NEO (especially when we also have two stellar NEO implementations free of charge)

New bar definitely set.

SDS and Rudder Damping having them on is so much better. All I can is FSLabs really need to raise the game and pricing to win people over.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

SDS and Rudder Damping having them on is so much better. All I can is FSLabs really need to raise the game and pricing to win people over.

What is Rudder damping?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super