Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, regis9 said:

Ohh, the structure of the announcement files is certainly familiar and interesting 🙂  Is it possible to have different packs assigned to different liveries or is that going to be a manual swap out thing?

https://kb.fenixsim.com/cabin-announcements

Official guide

Edited by Tuskin38

6 hours ago, rutrA said:

Unfortunately it's just a computer voice from a text to speech program. Not realistic: There are almost no automatic announcements on the Lufthansa A320 fleet, except for the message that the inflight internet is now available.

I would recommend using the recordings from FSL airline pack (if you have access to it by having purchased their A320). I have made some high quality recordings myself with my Tascam DR-05X, which I could convert to the .ogg format, if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Yes sir.

I just attempted the flight again this morning. I managed to get to Vegas before meeting my maker. Unfortunately, the aircraft froze up after passing BERBN and I crashed on a mountain.

Is there any way to tell if a crash log was sent? If so, is there a way for me to help you identify which one is mine (assuming you're getting them from others as well)?

I did some additional playing around after the aircraft became non responsive. Throttle levers, gear lever, buttons, and knob animations all work without affecting their associated systems. The flaps themselves do work. I was able to extend and retract them several times. The landing gear does not extend or retract. The click sound does play when buttons are pressed. 

I have 5 crash logs. They are full of many copies of this entry about Prosim and flight plan:

3/2/2024 8:30:02 AM * :FenixSystem FenixSim A320 2.0.0.378, commit fc8ffd4ce4 build 2.0.0.378
Assembly=v2.0.0.378, OS=Windows 10.0.22631
Intel Core i9-10850K CPU 3.60GHz, 1 CPU, 20 logical and 10 physical cores
Process Environment Information:
Runtime=.NET Framework 4.8 (4.8.9181.0), X64 RyuJIT
GC=Concurrent Workstation
Unhandled thread exception. Shutting down.    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at ProSim320.FlightPlan._CUtrUNAfVtZGCFEb4yDvkgTciqr(Nullable`1 , Dictionary`2 , Dictionary`2 , Dictionary`2 )
   at ProSim320.FlightPlan._1KLitIqwIYxlJLAeniVvbSlIPtR(DateTime , Nullable`1 , Dictionary`2 , Dictionary`2 , Dictionary`2 )
   at _3ydxw6n0wXoCLCSA8guz3jAQIjE._hnuU6ymqtMvk9Bg3yoDka41TkGf._H379Pex92PqwUW5fRvvelA1AjYi()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   at _3ydxw6n0wXoCLCSA8guz3jAQIjE._cW59b7ckBhEdyzWjz6dQDWSera8._db3w23olJ4ailFSUDmJMs90UJB()
   at _3ydxw6n0wXoCLCSA8guz3jAQIjE._Llm29YNlYpqdk3dsycAPmHkebWb._ShrWtyN1vPRdr5n2I2KdMuTXdBU()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

Edit: there are 6 log-system_*.txt files. They are also full of the above entry.

Edit 2: @Aamir I submitted a support request a couple of minute ago. Thank you.

Do me a favor and DM me the ticket number, I'll look into this personally for you. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

8 hours ago, Cats Eyes Cunningham said:

I am using SDS with rudder damping. Need to try with SDS turned off, and maybe change the sensitivity settings from the recommended -20%.

I've found that using SDS along with no adjustment (0%) to the elevator and aileron sensitivites works best for me.   It felt a bit slow and vague with SDS and the -20% settings.    The latter might be more realistic.  I just changed it to have it how I enjoy it more.  Feeling heavy but responsive and looking analogous to what you see in A320 cockpit videos (where the sidestick is visible along with the outside view).

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Just switch your map display to daytime mode.

Lee

This does not work. There is only dark mode available.  (He's not referring to the Navigraph map.  On the Navigraph page of the EFB, there's a small link that says "None Navigraph users. Click here (limited functionality)".   If you click there, there is a nice map.  But it's always on dark mode and hard to read in daylight.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

2 minutes ago, JYW said:

This does not work. There is only dark mode available.  (He's not referring to the Navigraph map.  On the Navigraph page of the EFB, there's a small link that says "None Navigraph users. Click here (limited functionality)".   If you click there, there is a nice map.  But it's always on dark mode and hard to read in daylight.

I have forwarded to my EFB team. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

Just compared the FPS between the Fenix B2 and the PMDG 737-800. The 737 FPS is about 10 FPS higher sitting on the ramp. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Aamir said:

I have forwarded to my EFB team. 

Much appreciated Aamir !

Roi Ben

I can't wait for my favorite airbus narrowbody.  The A319.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Posted (edited)

Well, guess A330 Driver (aka 737NG Driver) really likes the flight dynamics of the Fenix B2 now per his final comments at this timestamp: https://youtu.be/DzPAa3BF_5M?t=1423 🙂, unsurprising I guess given all the other IRL pilots/experts who've chimed in so far and had similar praise (Blackbox711, V1 Simulations, etc).  Still waiting on 320 Sim Pilot to give his review.

None of them have reported anything about floaty landings that some are reporting on this thread so that's interesting (V1 has done many landings on his three streams under various conditions already). A330 Driver above also says specifically about how "the plane has a very good drag model on final approach" among his praises. At least to my non-expert eyes not seeing this floatiness on landings, but will need to keep an eye out. Definitely feels better on landings than the older Fenix.. and can't repeat this enough, completely agree with these reviewers about how hand-flying feels just so much better than the old Fenix, and also better than my previous experience with other A320s in other sims.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Posted (edited)

If anyone is looking for airliner specific announcement packages, there used to be an excellent sound addon for X-Plane called "3J".   There were then dozens of airline packs made for this by users.

The sound files are not in OGG format but if you just google "WAV to OGG converter" there are dozens of websites that convert audio file types, online, in a matter of seconds.

Here's an example of a British Airways pack:-

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/67803-3jcabinsounds_british-airways-v4-final-full-in-english-royal-diamond-international-edition-💎/

You'll need to have an account at X-Plane.org.

Edited by JYW

Bill

again floating unrealistic on ground here, was perfect before update, nothing changed on my side except new flap/thrust lever calibration needed in MCDU. Best regards

Ralf Andreas

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just compared the FPS between the Fenix B2 and the PMDG 737-800. The 737 FPS is about 10 FPS higher sitting on the ramp. 

I just did the same thing. PMDG about 15 fps higher on my (old) system

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

1 minute ago, cseu said:

again floating unrealistic on ground here, was perfect before update, nothing changed on my side except new flap/thrust lever calibration needed in MCDU. Best regards

See lwt1971's post above.

Perhaps a controller reconfiguration or verify your Vapp is appropriate for your landing weight?

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Good to hear some comparison figures. That's about the same difference as between the PMDG 737 and Fenix Block 1.

Some further optimisation would absolutely be appreciated by a lot of people. Yet, I'm *ok* with this performance delta given the different levels in the detail offered.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Looks like I'm not the only one I've seen a harder FPS hit with B2 (compared with the latest B1) 😞

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.