DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just compared the FPS between the Fenix B2 and the PMDG 737-800. The 737 FPS is about 10 FPS higher sitting on the ramp. 

5 minutes ago, willy647 said:

I just did the same thing. PMDG about 15 fps higher on my (old) system

PMDG was always easier on FPS than the Fenix.  In fact I bought the Fenix on release and couldn't use it for a year, until I upgraded from a GTX1070 card to a RTX3080Ti.    So I think this is consistent between Block 1 and Block 2.   There is a lot more going on in the Fenix, from more complex flight dynamics algorithms and FBW, to the announcements, an EFB with 10x as many options and features, etc,etc.

Fenix Block 2 is still more than acceptable with me, and that's with an average RTX3080Ti and a modest Ryzen 5 5600X processor.   Mostly high settings in MSFS.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

Good to hear some comparison figures. That's about the same difference as between the PMDG 737 and Fenix Block 1.

Some further optimisation would absolutely be appreciated by a lot of people. Yet, I'm *ok* with this performance delta given the different levels in the detail offered.

I liked flying the Fenix the last couple of days, but too many little bugs for me, so going back to the 737 which just works. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, willy647 said:

I just did the same thing. PMDG about 15 fps higher on my (old) system

For me is the same..no difference. It appears that we all have some hardware difference here and can't be Fenix issue perhaps. I run Rex weather and Flybywire Traffic injector with moderate traffic. +/- few FPS difference.

• Like 2

Alex 

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I liked flying the Fenix the last couple of days, but too many little bugs for me, so going back to the 737 which just works. 

Fair enough!

I think bugs are to be expected with such a huge set of updates. But for anyone who doesn't want to 'beta test'/deal with gremlins, perhaps wait a few weeks for things to be resolved.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Were some people expecting Fenix Block 2 to become lighter on FPS and resources than the PMDG 737?

Not sure why that would ever be the case.

• Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

but too many little bugs for me

The only thing I have encountered was the autopilot locking me out, after descending through moderate turbulences near Zürich. Which forced me to do a manual approach, because I didn't feel like pitching 8° down to get my autopilot back. 😉

But other than that, I noticed nothing. What did you experience?

Edited by Farlis

Just now, JYW said:

Were some people expecting Fenix Block 2 to become lighter on FPS and resources than the PMDG 737?

Expectation created when VRAM usage in VC view was previewed by devs as being halved from 2 GB to 1 GB.

Some people expecting that to translate into better FPS, whereas performance gains used to go into more detail elsewhere instead.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think I read somewhere that there is no difference in FPS, between 4K and 8K. Let us know if you do see a difference.

definitely ALOT better for me. I clearly see a difference so I am back to around 30-35 fps which feels great. It was almost like a slideshow taxiing around JFK yesterday. Today same airport but with weather and the experience is night and day

• Like 1

Is the 8K/4K resolution just for the exterior livery or is it also for the cockpit?

15 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

Is the 8K/4K resolution just for the exterior livery or is it also for the cockpit?

How do you select 4k? seems that only 8k are currently being offered

A lot better performance for me with Block 2, and the only issue i have encountered so far is a Auto-Pilot disconnect, which may have been caused by sensitivity on my joystick. changed the value's and after 4hrs of flight since, i have had no issues.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

5 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

How do you select 4k? seems that only 8k are currently being offered

there is a settings tab bottom left of the livery manager

• Like 1

On loading up I have a white ND and upper ECAM. Can anyone help? I didn't have any problems with V1, but since the update I seem to have a bug on every flight.
Screenshot here...  https://imgur.com/8ChAe06

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

9 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

On loading up I have a white ND and upper ECAM. Can anyone help? I didn't have any problems with V1, but since the update I seem to have a bug on every flight.
Screenshot here...  https://imgur.com/8ChAe06

Try disabling display sync as an option in the Fenix App, and select Alternate Renderer. 

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

4 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Try disabling display sync as an option in the Fenix App, and select Alternate Renderer. 

Thanks. I'll try this. 

This was never an issue in V1 and I have done some flights in V2, so unsure why it's suddenly a problem?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti