DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

44 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

I think Air Canada is kilograms. WestJet uses pounds. My guess is WJA adjusts to the US for simplicity because of the many Canada-US routes.

Can confirm from the various JustPlanes videos I have. They're a few years old, though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Best so far. Much easier doing turns while taxiing as well as keeping on rwy centreline. Got rudder damping on

Just took off, didn't work for me, I was all over the runway like a drunken sailor.

Anyway, looks like my FPS is getting better, adjusted the Auto FPS 4.1 in the expert mode , got me about 15% more FPS

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Meanwhile over at Discord:

Aamir: "It's weekend and we have families, please let us spend finally some time with them. We'll get to all the problems on Monday."

Also Aamir: Writing 500 support posts over the last 48 hours, helping people out, even saying he might send them a test build.

You just gotta love him.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 4

Hi I'm having some issues with the fenix. Im on block 2 and using DX12 and when pushing back with GSX as soon as i finish the oushmy plane just stops moving.No Parking brake no chocks. engines are both on and plane is configured completely. GSX is also up to date. happens in all fenix aircraft no matter the livery.

59 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Meanwhile over at Discord:

Aamir: "It's weekend and we have families, please let us spend finally some time with them. We'll get to all the problems on Monday."

Also Aamir: Writing 500 support posts over the last 48 hours, helping people out, even saying he might send them a test build.

You just gotta love him.

He really is amazing.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Yeah those days happen. For the Fenix displays, check this page: https://kb.fenixsim.com/everything-is-off-and-unresponsive-excluding-the-efb

Also exclude the Fenix bootstrapper.exe from your anti virus.

Thanks for the help ... It was the admin permissions mis match ..  The app as you stated wasn't running as an admin. When i changed it to run as admin that worked, however it was now not autostarting the app any more. Did a re install of the set up files  using the run as admin option so they are both in sync. Autostarting properly now. Fingers crossed it doesn't crash mid flight when i end up doing  a flight later as i very much intend to use  fluid motion frames and i need rtss to lock the base frames.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

29 minutes ago, arjunnarwain1 said:

Hi I'm having some issues with the fenix. Im on block 2 and using DX12 and when pushing back with GSX as soon as i finish the oushmy plane just stops moving.No Parking brake no chocks. engines are both on and plane is configured completely. GSX is also up to date. happens in all fenix aircraft no matter the livery.

So GSX disconnected the pushback tug and you were running the engines up and the plane didn't move? Next time that happens try pushing the brakes manually full down and see if that helps. If that doesn't help, disable live weather for a moment and see if that helps (I've had it once that the METAR was in a wrong format and MSFS interpreted it as a 200 kts ground wind... my aircraft didn't move).

10 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Thanks for the help ... It was the admin permissions mis match ..  The app as you stated wasn't running as an admin. When i changed it to run as admin that worked, however it was now not autostarting the app any more. Did a re install of the set up files  using the run as admin option so they are both in sync. Autostarting properly now. Fingers crossed it doesn't crash mid flight when i end up doing  a flight later as i very much intend to use  fluid motion frames and i need rtss to lock the base frames.

You might want to set the display settings back to default in the Fenix app, now that it works. I've read that one of those settings can cause a CTD on certain systems, if changed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Also as a technical info: If the Fenix app get's started together with the sim (auto-start; as it should if the install went through correctly), it will have the same access level as MSFS itself (admin or not), so this shouldn't be a problem. Only if you - for whatever reason - start the Fenix app manually, you need to make sure you start it with the same access level as MSFS (admin or not).

1 hour ago, JYW said:

I had 3 disconnects in a row, then (as advised on the Fenix Discord), checked my turbulence settings in MSFS's Assistance settings.  The were on Medium and the advice was to set them to Low.

I did that, and haven't had a single AP disconnect in 8 flights.

Try setting your turbulance setting to Low.

Ok

I will try that as currently turbulence is on Medium.

T45

4 hours ago, james42 said:

Anyone else noticing very high GPU temps since the block 2 update? Im seeing temps in excess of 80c with the fans in my 3070ti screaming . Never had this problem before the block 2 update. I tried setting the flight deck displays to "prefer cpu rendering" which fixed the temp issues but killed my fps. Not sure what else I can try.

nope

Alex 

While I haven't had any major problems with V2 (once AP disconnect but recovered with Stick movement), my concern or question perhaps is that I have not used Rev Thrust once....?! Not with V1 or V2. I would be using AB, either LOW or MED and I would always be able to slow down at the exit I planned to get out, It seems that once I start rolling, brake "intensity" or force is only what is required. Even on runway 7000 ft long. Not sure that is correct but would like to hear what is your experience. I am watching Live plane spotting on YT and there is not even one Airbus that have not used TR. What's up with that? Is that MSFT issue or I am doing something different.....? Or Fenix....? bit odd I would say.

With PMDG it is exactly as it should be. Unless Airbus AB system is much stronger and enough to slow down plane without use of TR.... would like to hear different opinion....Thanks

Alex 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, abennett said:

Again, the Aircraft is all working great, apart from the announcements, but nothing Fenix related showing in task manager....spacer.png

So, here's an interesting tidbit from debugging this with some users in Discord.

Give this a go - if you've disabled any audio devices in your Windows audio settings, go ahead and renable everything - you don't need to change anything besides renabling them - let me know if they start playing?

50 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

While I haven't had any major problems with V2 (once AP disconnect but recovered with Stick movement), my concern or question perhaps is that I have not used Rev Thrust once....?! Not with V1 or V2. I would be using AB, either LOW or MED and I would always be able to slow down at the exit I planned to get out, It seems that once I start rolling, brake "intensity" or force is only what is required. Even on runway 7000 ft long. Not sure that is correct but would like to hear what is your experience. I am watching Live plane spotting on YT and there is not even one Airbus that have not used TR. What's up with that? Is that MSFT issue or I am doing something different.....? Or Fenix....? bit odd I would say.

With PMDG it is exactly as it should be. Unless Airbus AB system is much stronger and enough to slow down plane without use of TR.... would like to hear different opinion....Thanks

Autobrake on the Airbus targets a deceleration rate - not a fixed pressure. It will vary braking to achieve this. If you use reversers, it will simply use less brake pressure - net result is the same assuming you land on the exact same spot. You can check this in the landing app where you see a very marginal decrease in braking distance with reverse applied. 

EDIT: Just checked and I believe Boeings do the same thing re deceleration rate, so in theory on both you should see little to no difference with rev on/off. 

Edited by Aamir
  • Like 2

Aamir Thacker

I'm trying to find the different perfomances between the IAE and the CFM engines, but I don't what is "real" or not. So I found an interesting topic where real pilots are talking about of CFMs and IAEs from the point of view of their experience, and the Fenix B2 seems to reflect their opinions: https://www.pprune.org/tech-log/347760-a320-iae-v2500-powered-vs-a320-cfm-powered.html

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).