Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS GTNXi Pro with Navigraph Support released!

5 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Umm, if it has fidelity to the real world unit, what else is required to make it better?

Since I've never used the real life unit, I don't know.

For example, the PMS unit has advisory VNAV through a VCALC screen. They also sometimes capture RNAV descent paths, sometimes not, and sometimes late. They seem to be supported by a large number of aircraft and their toolbar option makes it work well with VR (which I don't use) and with airplanes that don't have a cockpit unit. They have a depiction of the sim's weather and Nexrad and they are always tweaking their product based on user feedback.

I get that for some, fidelity to real world is all that matters and I respect that. For me, a solid and reliable "better mousetrap" is what I'm looking for.

This is a great. Finally decided to go with this version and drop the PMS version for now. The PMS750 was great, however. Had navigraph forever and did it's job. Hopefully this upgrading isn't like my obsessions with other sims (atc and traffic programs etc)

Now if only the DC6 had integration of this....

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I have a lifetime license for the PMS50 and have been satisfied with it. However, I think I will purchase the TDS now and use the one that suits me better.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Does this require software running in the background to support it? I use the PMS free version - I don't use Navigraph - and it works well for me in VR with no performance hit. The PMS is a simple drop into the community folder.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Wow that is big news, not long got the PMS lifetime either...... doh

One thing I've not seen mentioned - does the TDS now crossfill ??

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

I get that for some, fidelity to real world is all that matters and I respect that. For me, a solid and reliable "better mousetrap" is what I'm looking for.

TDS uses the Garmin Trainer, so in MSFS it operates exactly as the real unit does.  It is reliable within the sim, so it IS the 'better mousetrap' 🙂  Now it uses up to date Navigraph data and charts, it just can't be beaten in the sim.

• Like 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

This is absolutely gobschmackingly fantastic! No more missing approaches when flying my Black Square aircraft! I keep getting more and more value out of my Navigraph subscription

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I purchased the lifetime PMS and am very satisfied with it.

What does the TDS - for me as not reality obsessed simmer - better than the PMS one (except the fact that it looks like the real one?)

4 hours ago, tup61 said:

I'll have to look which plane I should get for it! Thought about the Comanche but perhaps there are even more interesting options.

Get the BS King Air if you want something a bit more complex (and faster) than the Comanche. It’s an absolutely excellent addon.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

57 minutes ago, Donka said:

Does this require software running in the background to support it?

Yes, there’s an .exe that auto-loads with the sim

13 minutes ago, PTI139 said:

What does the TDS - for me as not reality obsessed simmer - better than the PMS one (except the fact that it looks like the real one?)

31 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

TDS uses the Garmin Trainer, so in MSFS it operates exactly as the real unit does.  It is reliable within the sim, so it IS the 'better mousetrap' 🙂  Now it uses up to date Navigraph data and charts, it just can't be beaten in the sim.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

Just bought this, but I get a blank screen in the BlackSquare planes. I checked the manual but there's no specific help for this (not using Avast Antivirus, and already set up an exclusion in Windows Defender). The software is running on my desktop and I see it in the taskbar and can see the settings interface (it says "Connected to Flight Simulator")

I must be missing something simple - how do you get the GTNxi working in MSFS?

Edited by JonathanC

@Cpt_Piett

(I am afraid I cannot quote with my IPad or I am too stupid for doing it)

Thanks for your answer but it did not answer my question. Maybe the TDS does the same as the real on but practically what does it better for me if I use the PMS in a simulator plane?

I there is really an advantage to use the TDS for navigation I would really consider to switch to the TDS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JonathanC said:

Just bought this, but I get a blank screen in the BlackSquare planes. I checked the manual but there's no specific help for this (not using Avast Antivirus, and already set up an exclusion in Windows Defender). The software is running on my desktop and I see it in the taskbar and can see the settings interface (it says "Connected to Flight Simulator")

I must be missing something simple - how do you get the GTNxi working in MSFS?

The best place for support is at TDS, such as their Discord:

https://discord.com/invite/NupgPCUgsH

Or via email from the support email address found at the end of the email message.