Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Fenix update is out.

2 hours ago, polosim said:

Edit: Restart function resolved the issue.

And the plane worked normally afterwards? In my case, the plane did not work anymore after restarting the Fenix app...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I had a weird thing after the update. I set up the flight, called the pushback tug as usual, selected the straight back arrow, and instead of pushing me out of the gate, it started dragging me toward the terminal building. I hit the parking brake, deselected the tug, reselected it, and now it pushed me back..  😲

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

restarting the Fenix app

HI, Chris! Excuse me if my comment confused you in any way. When I was referring to RESTART I aimed to restart the FLIGHT on the sim ( normally associated with HOME key ), I did not mean to restarting the FENIX application. I hope this clarifies any doubts.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, polosim said:

I can understand your concern. 
Taking a quick look at your photo, I would like to share the following information with you, you could find it interesting:

Electrically-lit lights sensors are the two small circles that are located in the corners of the lower part of the PFD and ND frames, if the sun gives them directly they may not perceive the shadow that the FCU makes on the top of the screens, this could reduce their function (Make the screens brighter) unless you help them using the windows roller Blinds to reduce the intensity of sunlight.

From there came the curiosity of my question that if you used these Blinds or not, because as I mentioned earlier I am not able to reproduce this condition in my system to see if this is "simulated" or not.

I don't think the light sensors are modeled.

Certainly, when I lowered the blind, there was no change to the brightness of the displays.

Would be great if this was modeled in the future!

• Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had a weird thing after the update. I set up the flight, called the pushback tug as usual, selected the straight back arrow, and instead of pushing me out of the gate, it started dragging me toward the terminal building. I hit the parking brake, deselected the tug, reselected it, and now it pushed me back..  😲

Had the same thing happen. Weird glitch....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

13 minutes ago, daztheman70 said:

Performance has improved for me which is great at last.

Thanks

Daz

Yes much performance boost here.

Michael Moe 

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Flare is still very floaty. At least IMO... 

Roi Ben

8 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Retard the throttle levers fully on the IAE-engined A320 just before you start to flare and only a very small amount of back pressure on the sidestick.

Don't forget that the v2500 engines idle at higher RPM and will still give some thrust, so throttles open / flaring when closing throttles will absolutely cause float.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I have to say this though: you've still been very helpful even though you're clearly a RTFM type of guy. 

Thanks for pointing that out, I am too.  Good on him, need more of them!  I've already sent a friend request to him.

There is so much terrific information in the manuals, and they're even searchable!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

5 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I am too.  Good on him, need more of them!  I've already sent a friend request to him.

There is so much terrific information in the manuals, and they're even searchable!

Yeah, I always like to think that one of these days, I’ll go through the manual and QRH on a longer flight. After all, they’re accessible from the EFB, which is nothing sort of genius 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

34 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

for me too, but I've struggled landing the fenix for ever especially in any kind of crosswind  it may well be me of course lol 😀

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

for me too, but I've struggled landing the fenix for ever especially in any kind of crosswind  it may well be me of course lol 😀

Just did my first landing after updating. It was a CAT1 auto land though. No floating, but RW winds were calm…

Departure from ENST was a hot mess. Rwy length 1400m. I did gamble that I’d make it with flaps 3 full TOGA. 

When doing the preflight though, I realized I was indeed too heavy according to my simbrief plan. So around 30 poor souls didn’t make it to Gatwick today.

Well, performance calculations checked out in the EFB. I did in fact manage to lift off just before the end of rwy (again I gambled, no safety margin in terms of TOW). However obstacle clearance required some very hairy nose up at around 50ft. I made it. Just.

En route I decided to do a completely unnecessary diversion to ENZV (about halfway), just to harass those poor passengers a bit more. 

Reconfiguring for this went like a charm - just did it whilst in a hold.

And btw no AP shenanigans.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

54 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Try a RAPID TLA to idle at 20’ RA- no hesitation whatsoever… residual energy via GS MINI and idle thrust from the IAEs will be plenty. Should land pretty nicely.

Any hesitation will result in increased thrust.

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

5 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Try a RAPID TLA to idle at 20’ RA- no hesitation whatsoever…

Or earlier. There's nothing that says you have to wait for the "retard" callout:

The A320 FCTM explains that the flight crew can rapidly retard all thrust levers to IDLE either earlier or later than the 20 ft “RETARD” auto callout reminder depending on the conditions.

(source)

• Upvote 1