Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

New beta update 1.37.8.0 out

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

hose red numbers mean your system is performing consistently below your target FPS. See the readme for more info on how to configure the app correctly.

Or that FG is being used and MSFS is not in focus hence AutoFPS will interpret this as FPS suddenly being halved?

St4HnAT.jpeg

I get that all the time - everything then goes to red. I just tick "on top" then place focus back to MSFS, so that I can see how the app performs "live". 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

11 hours ago, F737MAX said:

What's the LOD like in this version?

Plenty of complaints in a thread on the official forums that v1.37.7.0 saw a big drop in the visual experience compared to prior beta versions and SU14.

LOD & draw distance will continue to be sacrificed for payware addons, to accommodate the needs of XBox users who lately experienced avionics shutdowns and other issues on addon aircraft.

The "memory optimizations" that Asobo boasted in the last interviews are aimed to that. Something must be offloaded when the shared memory is full and scenery elements are more expendable than avionics. Hence the reduced draw distance and the stuttering when panning the view and reloading the assets.

There was no need to "optimize" memory usage on PC, where we have many sliders to accommodate every kind of configuration and also considering that on high end PCs both RAM and VRAM are underutilized. 

The only hope is that FS 2024 will have this aspect improved, even though FS 2024 will be an XBox Series S title as well.

Sadly, we will never see again in MSFS the graphics quality that it had when it was still a PC game only:

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

7 hours ago, OneOfMany said:

fug issue

Uh, fug like in what please? Fog? As in low frames in foggy clouds? Fig issues whould not make sense. And word not allowed would be immediately censored

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Is it just me... or does everybody's sim always start in windowed mode since the latest patch?  Normally, I reset it to full screen after every update and it sticks; but not anymore.  It's a minor issue; but never had it happen before.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I’m not seeing any LOD issues in this build. Granted, I’ve tweaked my settings until my face have gone blue, including hunting for the best VPN server in order to avoid low bandwidth warnings.

Granted, I’m using AutoFPS’ expert mode. But then again, I’m also flying an experimental aircraft. So that sort of fits…

Every now and then though, MSFS decides to throw a tantrum resulting in incomplete scenery loading and melted buildings. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MadDog said:

Is it just me... or does everybody's sim always start in windowed mode since the latest patch?  Normally, I reset it to full screen after every update and it sticks; but not anymore.  It's a minor issue; but never had it happen before.

I reported this in the official forums. Doesn’t appear to be universal (couple of posters said it didn’t happen to them) which has surprised me as no other changes were made to my system except the update.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/1-37-8-0-regression-custom-window-size-being-reset-every-time-app-is-started-also-fullscreen-mode-reverting-to-windowed-mode/633921/14

Edited by boez
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

If the app hasn't recognised (actually validated is more accurate) the memory offsets, you would have seen "MSFS compatibility test failed - Read Only mode" as a red status message when you started AutoFPS.

Alright, I never got that message, so it recognizes the new MSFS beta correctly.

9 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

those red numbers mean your system is performing consistently below your target FPS. See the readme for more info on how to configure the app correctly

I think I understood what's happening, and I suspect there might be a problem with the "lock at 50% of monitor rate" option in MSFS when used together with the "TLOD Min on Ground/Landing" in AutoFPS.

I'm not using Frame generation, and my monitor is 60hz, so the fps is locked and steady at 30 fps and I set 30 fps as target in AutoFPS. The MSI Afterburner overlay graph confirms a 30 fps with a flat line, and I could keep 30 fps even if I closed AutoFPS and set TLOD manually at 200.

But since I have the LOD min at 25 so, and I'm on ground, TLOD is 25, it's working as expected.

However, after takeoff, if the fps in the sim is locked at 50% of the monitor rate, AutoFPS doesn't even try to increase it: it just shows TLOD 25 in red and it stays that way. Cloud quality was set to Ultra and never reduced (Decrease Cloud quality is enabled), and I was flying in clear weather anyway.

As soon as I changed the fps lock option to 100% of monitor rate, fps went up, and AutoFPS quickly raised TLOD up to 200 and kept it that way.

If I set the frame rate lock to 50% monitor again when in flight, TLOD stays at 200 as it should.

It seems that, when the fps is already locked at 30 fps in the sim, so you are already on target, if the TLOD Min on Ground/Landing option is used, it never tries to raise the TLOD after transitioning from ground to flight. Here's a video I made:

Edited by virtuali

3 hours ago, MadDog said:

No you are not alone.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

No you are not alone.

I have had this also, so I have to press 'alt-enter' to get it to full screen.  Not a major problem, just another little annoyance.

My usercfg.opt file shows >

Windowed 1
    FullscreenBorderless 1

Which seems to be a conflict.

I will edit windowed to 0 and I will see how it goes at next start up (not until this evening).

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I will edit windowed to 0 and I will see how it goes at next start up (not until this evening).

I will check this up as well 👍

Upd! Unfortunately, it didn't work to change the file, but ALT+Enter was a quick fix.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I’m not seeing any LOD issues in this build. Granted, I’ve tweaked my settings until my face have gone blue, including hunting for the best VPN server in order to avoid low bandwidth warnings. ..

Different VPN servers, are there big differences regarding visuals and performance, compared to non-VPN usage??

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I had to re-assign my rudder after this update 

And my keyboard assignments too.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

LOD & draw distance will continue to be sacrificed for payware addons, to accommodate the needs of XBox users who lately experienced avionics shutdowns and other issues on addon aircraft.

The "memory optimizations" that Asobo boasted in the last interviews are aimed to that. Something must be offloaded when the shared memory is full and scenery elements are more expendable than avionics. Hence the reduced draw distance and the stuttering when panning the view and reloading the assets.

There was no need to "optimize" memory usage on PC, where we have many sliders to accommodate every kind of configuration and also considering that on high end PCs both RAM and VRAM are underutilized. 

You obviously know things nobody else knows, not even Asobo or Microsoft. 🙂

The optimizations, Asobo talked about, were memory allocation optimizations they made while programming MSFS 2024. They ported it to MSFS 2020 and provided us with much smoother panning and a much more consistant frame time (aka smoothnes). I am not entirely sure why you claim otherwise but there is no visible reduced draw distance and most certainly no stuttering when panning.

Edited by crimplene
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, turbomax said:

World

• Fixed missing aerials 

Did the northern Caribbean finally get addressed?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2