Sign in to follow this  
TangoSierraMike

Pilot 2 ATC vs. Beyond ATC vs. Say Intentions...

14 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You have to be kidding, right?

I've been using it for a week and it is amazing!  There are no canned phrases to learn, just ask whatever you like and you'll get human like response.  I haven't watched the video you linked to, so is it the current version?  I contacted approach recently and was told to 'head towards the field initially'.  I requested descent and was told 'descend to 4,000ft, further shortly'

Most amazed I've ever been with an addon - and its only in beta!

No idea what version it is, just watch the video. It's giving climb instructions during descent, wants you to contact Cologne Approach when you're at Bristol, has no idea about taxi ways, vectors you away from the airport etc. That's IFR by the way, maybe you are using VFR.

7 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

BATC announced it will control AI traffic but it won't use AI technology (except for the voices). So the ATC phraseology is scripted.

SayIntentions does not control AI traffic but it uses AI technology for the communication with the user. So it is like talking to some kind of ChatGPT.

At least that's how I understood it.

Ah my confusion 😛

6 hours ago, techman said:

BATC ATC is on your machine, maybe scripted, but the only external AI they use is voice recognition and ATC-Voices.

I see, I understand a bit better now, thanks for that

Getting the impression that we should rename AI traffic, it was never Intelligent anyway. CG Traffic? 

Gets rid of some of the confusion...

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

21 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

No idea what version it is, just watch the video. It's giving climb instructions during descent, wants you to contact Cologne Approach when you're at Bristol, has no idea about taxi ways, vectors you away from the airport etc. That's IFR by the way, maybe you are using VFR.

I've been using it for over a month for both IFR and VFR flight (mostly IFR) and I've never been cleared to higher altitudes when on a descent. Now in default MSFS ATC however.... 😅

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

Really? Thanks, I'll give the demo a look after they get IFR more ironed out. I have not seen that non-voice interface talked about before.

The demo accounts, while they say are for 24 hours, can actually be used multiple times. They will unlock them about once a month again, for an extra 24 hours so that you can test the improvements again later on. Might be a reason to give it a go sooner?

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I have been using it for a week and consider it a massive step forward in ATC.  You can ask anything and get a human like response.  It is in Beta, but after just testing the demo for 24 hours, I'm sold.

Same here! I'm using it for IFR in Europe, for which it's not yet really designed for, but already now after the demo I couldn't go to back to default ATC anymore.

There are obviously things that are not yet working and the risk of errors is high, but so far the magical moments of realistic-feeling ATC interaction make up for that. As long as I have a valid Simbrief flight plan and know what to do. The software seems to be developing faster than I can track so very optimistic about the future. 

I've also been following BATC with keen interest. My main worry is they are trying to build the perfect product with convincing ATC interaction and new traffic injection with realistic procedures for all planes in the sky. That's an incredibly complex output to deliver and could take a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Same here!

You CAN use it in XP11 and 12, though, if you are so inclined...

Is X-plane supported and usable with Sayintentions?

I thought support had been pulled offically

Ultimately, the best thing that can happen is that there are several options, because this is the only way for them to COMPETE. This is the only way for each one to offer the best possible. (I don't know if they fool us) MSFS, with its great beauty, has offered us authentic gems visually, but ATC has been sold in beta. Unfinished. It is as if each ATC software has its good things and its bad things. Isn't there anyone who has them all? Why don't they agree?

In my options: PSXT/Realtraffic don't have ATC, but it's very realistic. The problem is that, if, for example, Spain has 40 passenger airports to fly to and that we can have as an addon, there are only two that have terrestrial data coverage. That is, we can only fly two because the data ground coverage is very poor. Before it was not like that, now they offer that poverty for the same money. So no.

FSHUD has a wonderful way of working, but planes: They don't respect separation well on the approach, and there are many go-arounds. And jetways don't work with fshud either (among other things). It does not inject planes, but it can be used with FSLTL, what happens is that FSLTL does not recognize the repaints that exist in reality, only the generic repaints. (psxt yes)

MSFS ATC is terrible, but with FSLTL AND AIFLOW AND AIGROUND it can resemble reality, but the separations between planes when landing fail, and the ATC is crazy. So there must be a Japanese genius who puts all this in order, and makes us a software that mixes all this so that finally, those of us who love to see airports full of REALISTIC life can do it.

We deserve it. If someone does that: I PAY.

ATC is one of the most complex aspects of flight sims, and it is very hard to get right. I will just wait and see how these tools pan out but I think it will take a long time to approach the quality and depth of tools like P2ATC. But maybe I am wrong? Only time will tell. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

ATC is one of the most complex aspects of flight sims, and it is very hard to get right.

You can say that again...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

1 hour ago, El Diablito said:

Oh! So Sayintentions:

-does not inject ai traffic

-does not control ai traffic 

i cant understand why people is worried about realistic voices and not about realistic ai traffic interactions. For me, its the opposite: voice is just the repaint of the car. 

thsnks for sharing those videos!!

• Like 2

im so thankful for Vatsim. The only thing I can look forward to with all these programs is getting rid of those who fly online Silently and those who drive controllers nuts but not answering radio calls. Skies will be a little emptier but hopefully its less of those kinda pilots. All these progams look terrible to me so far but I am personally intrigued by BATC. 

5 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

That's IFR by the way, maybe you are using VFR.

Both are in BETA.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

22 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

All these programs look terrible to me so far

Have you used SayIntentions?  As others have said, the beta is progressing quickly, but its already useable.  I like Vatsim (I used to be Satuk London Chief before it became Vatsim).  The big drawback of course are dead frequencies much of the time.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home