TangoSierraMike

Pilot 2 ATC vs. Beyond ATC vs. Say Intentions...

Get your basics right and stop referring to "AI" when it is a scripted ATC. This is really a problem nowadays - people throw out a buzzword and people without the technical knowledge keep repeating totally wrong and misleading statements. This is annoying.

Tell me that BATC uses a neuronal network and an external AI-Source to control ATC - get this question answered and I will change my opinion and post an apology everywhere you want me to do it. In the meantime I´ll stay with my opinion: The ATC-part of BATC is a scripted/coded part and runs on your computer with no communication with a modern, real "AI". 

End of story.

• Like 3

Guys, the BATC devs themselves have already said a hundred times that the ATC is scripted. AI is used *only* for voice generation. That said, I'm sure 80% of the attention BATC gets is from people who hear "AI" and think BATC is revolutionary. It's not. It's your run-of-the-mill ATC, with added AI traffic control to be fair. The only "new" thing is indeed the voice generation.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

I don't think you're wrong at all. Pilot2ATC's focus is ATC. If anyone does have pilot2atc they'd notice how robust it's features are regarding ATC. I am not sure what the obsession of the ATC controlling the traffic but for me (I know I know my opinion) my focus is on flying in the simulator.  Though I'd consider that a nice to have option. I don't have time to wait if there is a vatsim controller available, I don't want to pay 30 dollars more a month to fly in a stinking simulator. Just get me up in the air and enjoy the hobby. AIG and FSLTL traffic can make pretty planes around me and the ATC program (p2atc) can give me a flight following, or IFR, change my cruise level, show me everything in the maps section all the while not vectoring me into a mountain. Just like how all of pretend to be pilots, we can pretend the ATC program is vectoring them to final. 😀

Only issue is that it's a lot better with aftermarket voices and ATC chatter. Thankfully, ATC chatter is easily incorporated into the program based on what type of channel you're on and location in the world. Yes, it does that.

The thing that kept me for even considering Pilot2 ATC is the cost of additional voices, at  around $35 a voice. The program I use now has over 110 voices, and it is nice not to hear the same voices over and over again. Even having 10-15 voices, quickly becomes boring. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)

Having used SayIntentions, I can attest that what it does it does very well. Rare for ATC Software. Its been a blast to use and try out.

Surprisingly, it keeps getting better. If and when they get traffic working, that would make it an extremely viable solution for everyone.

Price is the major concern. 40$ a month here in Canada. I might go for it if it was half that price and even then I Probably would not.

I use or will be going back to FSHUD with FSLTL. Very easy to use and works well. My personal favorite.

Beyond ATC, is not out and who knows when it will be or if it will even work. Very very ambitious project. I wish them luck.

P2ATC, I have heard great things, but the learning curve is high and have not tried it yet. Simply looks outdated to me.

Avsim is great if you fly where the controllers and traffic. Can be very intimating at first.

Pilot Edge is real controllers basically for California. Sadly, not much traffic the times I have checked it out.
So great for ATC, not so much for traffic simulation.

Edited by Ron Lefebvre

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

ATC is extremely complex to get right. Hopefully these new tools become viable options, but there is a LONG road ahead to get these products to a mature state. In the meantime products like P2ATC are already there. Btw, I wondered if the outdated UI was going to hinder my enjoyment or slow the learning curve, but neither of those materialized. What did materialize was a rock solid program that just works. And because it uses speech recognition once i load the FP and connect to the sim that is about the only interaction i have with the UI. 

Regarding voices, i think there are an extra 6-8 voices already built in to Windows so the variety can be increased a bit for free. And there are pay options to get more. I just find having 10 or so different voices to be enough. The ATC chatter is going on in the background and these are real interactions. So most of what you are actually hearing is real ATC coms, which is highly immersive. 

Good to have choices and hopefully these new options will deliver, but one already does. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, techman said:

Get your basics right and stop referring to "AI" when it is a scripted ATC. This is really a problem nowadays - people throw out a buzzword and people without the technical knowledge keep repeating totally wrong and misleading statements. This is annoying.

Tell me that BATC uses a neuronal network and an external AI-Source to control ATC - get this question answered and I will change my opinion and post an apology everywhere you want me to do it. In the meantime I´ll stay with my opinion: The ATC-part of BATC is a scripted/coded part and runs on your computer with no communication with a modern, real "AI". 

End of story.

I totally agree, true AI is a myth..................................................

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

4 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

I totally agree, true AI is a myth..................................................

What about "Sorry, I had no idea what I was talking about?"

Unbelievable.

I have used P2ATC for years. The developer responds to any concerns/compliments and is so responsive and reliable. P2ATC is wonderful....would not use anything else at this point. I use it daily.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Is there news too in the FS2024 ATC?, I hope real improvements in that.

18 minutes ago, peloto said:

Is there news too in the FS2024 ATC?, I hope real improvements in that.

Dunno, we basicly still have the same default ATC from FSX days in 2020, so I dont expect miracles in 2024:p. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kaboki said:

Dunno, we basicly still have the same default ATC from FSX days in 2020, so I dont expect miracles in 2024:p. 

Yeah I was thinking that too, for those two decades old of the ATC, I hope real improvements hahah

4 hours ago, polyefko said:

I have used P2ATC for years. The developer responds to any concerns/compliments and is so responsive and reliable. P2ATC is wonderful....would not use anything else at this point. I use it daily.

yep same  here  got it  from day one  when it  came  out, quite  easy to use  once  you have  done  a few  flights, once  you have  it  set  up  you don't need  the gui  up  on  the  screen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

yep same  here  got it  from day one  when it  came  out, quite  easy to use  once  you have  done  a few  flights, once  you have  it  set  up  you don't need  the gui  up  on  the  screen

Yup. I think there's a lot of misinformation about this program, hence the somewhat negativity towards it. No offense, but I think if you don't own it and don't use it....then you probably are misinformed.

Also, BeyondATC does look cool and I'm glad they've adjusted their pricing model. Then again, P2ATC will eventually talk to traffic and its focus is ATC so....

After using it for several years nearly on a daily basis.....I think its the best ATC program that's available now.

• Like 3

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

1 hour ago, Sonosusto said:

Then again, P2ATC will eventually talk to traffic and its focus is ATC so....

Where have you heard this? I've asked Dave about that before and never gotten anything that would lead me to believe it's in his plans.

I'm still a happy user of P2ATC, but that would be amazing!

21 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

Where have you heard this? I've asked Dave

maybe  that's  his  secret  weapon waiting  for  the  right  time  to  announce  it 🙂 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg