Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

PMDG 777 MSFS FIRST LOOK

14 minutes ago, rjquick said:

It's rarely a good look to root for others to fail.

And who in this thread has said they want that to happen?

A lot of criticism comes from people who want PMDG to do better and regain their leading developer status.

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

But as pointed out it's pretty catchy marketing tool like "tested by real pilots", "study level", "professional", "precise", "advanced" and so on 🙂

Yessir - agreed 👍

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, F737MAX said:

100,000 views ≠ 100,000 sales.

Many of those are repeat views and also from people who want to see if the claims of it being 'great'/'terrible'/'mediocre'/'good' ring true to their own opinions.

Nonetheless, as the first complex long-haul airliner in MSFS, I still expect it to sell very well (first-mover advantage).

9 months ago MSFS was at 12,000,000 players, so 100,000 unit sales isn't unreasonable.

Not to mention that MSFS have been reporting their player numbers are trending higher than ever.

I'm not sure where you get your "repeat" numbers from. I'm a probable buyer and I only watched it once, as with most promo material.

Edited by UrgentSiesta

I think some people are underestimating the market in MSFS now, it’s not so “niche”. Not your GTA or Battlefield numbers but compared to our days pre MSFS, it’s healthy I would say. There’s a reason people are jumping into development now. Thats my take anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

No it is not a strange take from a customer POV. It is exercising a choice in which one does not wish to live with the decision coming from a developer who didn't support the aircraft the users wanted. What is strange is you willing to live with their decision as if they are paying your salary as if you work for them and not being customer of their product. I was once a customer and made the choice to leave and not stay and compromise what I wanted in the sim when saw something better, to stay with them. 

People understand that some developers has to make money and pay salaries if that is the business they are in. But that their business, who responsible for that, the customer?  

If a customers is not satisfy of a particular product, should they just live with that product or go to another and the get product they want. After all, it is their money they earned they are spending, not the developers. So to see it from the developers POV to me is no benefit to wait for rest of your life for something that should have been in you hands yesterday if their job is to produce products to sell. You can't make money if you don't produce anything.

You're free to buy whatever you want of course. The strange part is dismissing the business' POV and assuming buying a product from a business means they owe you and are supposed to do whatever you want them to. You get a product and they get your money. That's a fair exchange and that's where it ends. They need to produce something that customers like, but that doesn't mean they can or have to follow everything the customer demands.

They don't have unlimited resources, and if they decide not to do something because it's not fiancially viable it doesn't mean that's an excuse. It's a simple economic decision. You wouldn't invest into something if you knew you would make losses. So why would you fault a business for doing the same?

Edited by threexgreen
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)

I am as excited about this release as I have been for every other PMDG 777 release on every other platform.  It will be the first serious contender for a fully functional long-hauler since FS2020.

Just hope they have implemented organic wingflex on this model (using the Headwind A330 as reference)  and not the joke flex animation from previous versions.  

Edited by ErichB

Do you guys not consider the A300 to be a long haul plane?

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

23 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Do you guys not consider the A300 to be a long haul plane?

A310 was more of a long-hauler, but it was underwhelming

Posted (edited)

Hi, I’m looking for the PMDG 777 discussion room, have I come to the right place? No? This is what, the imminent slugfest convention? Oh, well then, I’m very sorry. I’ll show myself out. No no, there’s really no need to get up. 

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. Was hearing some loud noises outside this thread and got curious. As you were!

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

No doubt the A310 has longer range.  But the A300 still hits the lower range of what is considered long range.  And most would say that the inibuilds A300 is a great addon.  It's also a little improved from the A310 despite being very similar in msfs.  That's the only point I was trying to make.  

But I admit I'm off point.  I just get surprised to hear the same point drummed again and again that msfs doesn't have a good long haul plane out. 

• Like 6

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

have I come to the right place? No?

You don't need to see if this is the right place.....this is not the thread you're looking for.....you can go about your business....move along, move along.

Sorry...couldn't help myself.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

But I admit I'm off point.  I just get surprised to hear the same point drummed again and again that msfs doesn't have a good long haul plane out. 

The PMDG 737-700 BBJ with all the fuel tanks will take about 5 passengers and maybe a few extra bags, but not much more, about 6,200 nm, depending on the winds. Not bad, and great for smaller airports. Comfortable cruise is about 0.78 - 0.79 mach, so a bit slow if you're trying to mimick 787's. The 777 will get pretty close to a 787 speedwise, if you're following some longhaulers on Flightradar. I'm pretty happy with the BBJ and don't necessarily mind being a bit slow. I'm of course expecting the 777-300 to feel entirely different, "heavier" and cool to really pack it to the gills. But I'm not 100% sure it will be objectively "better" than the BBJ, just different. And yes, the A310 and A300 seem very good too.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Many of those are repeat views and also from people who want to see if the claims of it being 'great'/'terrible'/'mediocre'/'good' ring true to their own opinions.

I was looking for data on repeat views, etc., but couldn't find it. Apparently you did, so where does one look to find such information? Thanks.

Also with regard to reputational implications it might be useful to compare the YT viewing statistics for the PMDG 777 video with that of the A2A Commanche:

A2A: Release almost 8 months ago; 31K views; 1.6K likes

PMDG: Release 3 days ago; 101K views; 6.3K likes

No one should interpret these results as suggesting that PMDG's reputation is any better than that of A2A, but it would be really hard to suggest that it's any worse either.

Best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

I was looking for data on repeat views, etc., but couldn't find it. Apparently you did, so where does one look to find such information? Thanks.

YouTube counts a maximum of 5 repeat views of the same person within 24 hours (minimum view time 30 secs), so you could make out a best and worst case scenario where you have no repeat views and the maximum number of repeat views. I'm not sure estimating how many views are repeat views is of much value though. Only the uploader can see an actual statistic of how many distinct viewers the video has had.

Edited by threexgreen
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD