Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Why an I getting a Mandotory 115GB Update?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, udidwht said:

Open a command prompt with admin rights…

Go through each of the following steps one at a time. Copy each line, one at a time , paste it into the Dos window (crtl + V) and press return

Instead of monkeying around with our computers Asobo needs to fix what they broke (and fire the incompetent member on the team that did this).🧐  I see no reason this so called update was released to non-beta installs especially if it wasn't QA checked first.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

When I got my 67GB Mandatory Update :

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/642468-6776gb-msfs-update/

I submitted a Ticket to MSFS2020 ZenDesk Support to find out what caused this problem.

The conclusion from support was:
“It sounds like this was just a momentary hiccup that occurred.” 

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Posted (edited)

I'm getting a "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Disc" message. 🙂 

EDIT: Fixed it by signing in to my XBox and Microsoft Store accounts. A 1.8 GB update briefly flashed on the screen but didn't download, then the game loaded as per usual. My community folder seems to be intact.

Edited by Spike54

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.

seems to be the total confusion in the MS/Asobo kitchen additional to the XBox blackouts, they set me to DX11, mayby I will follow their remote interaction, maybe I will do something reasonable in the garden...

Ralf Andreas

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

The conclusion from support was: “It sounds like this was just a momentary hiccup that occurred.”

Total denial and incompetence on their part. Hopefully, people will see the light and realize that this eye candy software needs lots of fixing and responsible people in charge.

• Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

6 hours ago, udidwht said:

Don't think so. All of us should not be wrong at the same time

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I assume this is one of many MS Version problems? I have never got an unexpected mandatory update with Steam.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

26 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I assume this is one of many MS Version problems? I have never got an unexpected mandatory update with Steam.

I have never gotten an unexpected mandatory update, either, and I'm on the MS Store version. 

For two days now, the sim opens up in windowed mode which, in my experience, only happens after an update. Sneak update ? No other unpleasant side-effect so far though 🤞

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

For two days now, the sim opens up in windowed mode which, in my experience, only happens after an update. Sneak update ? No other unpleasant side-effect so far though 🤞

Same here - in Window mode, but all works as expected. Steam version, by the way.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Posted (edited)

Yes - I've been performing these steps [Dism.exe & sfc /scannow procedures] numerous times over the last few days.  Everything reported as clean - no repairs needed or performed.

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke

I will give some kudos to the Zendesk person(s) that have responded to my initial report of this.  They have responded every day with new procedures to try (beyond just reinstalling FS).  They came back with the following statement today:

We have seen in the past week issues caused by Windows Gaming Services. This service authenticates your license. Issues with Gaming Services can also cause the message "You are missing essential packages".
Try the following:
1. RESET THE MICROSOFT STORE APP...

Before I post this procedure and all of the other procedures they've given me to try over the last few days,  I'm going to run the Reset of the MS Store App and see if the problem resolves.  If it does, then I'll be happy to post it.

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

16 hours ago, adesai73 said:

this thread was a good reminder to back up my community folder

I have Macrium Reflex which backs up all my drives on a frequent basis, automatically. Anything gets wiped, I can replace it in minutes. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, I can state (for me) that Zen's latest recommendations didn't work so I will not post it.  Also, unlike most of you, after I resize to full screen, prepare my flight and click "Fly" I get an immediate CTD.

No flying for me.  Looks like a complete reinstall - something I won't have time for in the immediate future.

• Upvote 1

Randall Rocke

16 hours ago, Dillon said:

I just got an update as well. My setup now only opens in windowed mode.😶  It looks to be trying to install an update then it just proceeds in windowed mode.😟

Same here.  

Jack Sawyer