Sign in to follow this  
Aviator_2024

is FSRealistic dead?

Their support is non existent. I asked a bunch of question on their main forum as well as emailed to their official email but no replies. Their camera stopped working with FSS Embraer and there are compatibility issues with SU15. Does anyone have that experience as well or know any other way contacting them. Its ridiculous!!

It was just updated last week so he's definitely still around.  But I have permanently binned it now as I have too many problems with conflicts between the MSFS camera system, and FS Realistic's camera.  They need to allow you to fully deactivate their camera (as an option).  As it stands this is not possible.  I use the 'F' key on my keyboard for a few functions (on it's own, with shift, with ctrl, with both, etc), and every time I hit the 'F' key FS Realistic messes up my zoom level and viewpoint.    And yes.... this is after re-assigning the 'F' key to something else in FSR's settings!   Even when I reassign it, hitting 'F' still messes the cameras up.

I much preferred FSR before he added his camera zoom and height settings.   I know it wasn't 'true' movement then, but it was a lot more stable and gave me what I wanted.     [/Rant]. 😄

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)

I really enjoyed the walk mode, which allowed me to do aircraft walkarounds, but recently I found that the mouse controls were somehow inverted and it also caused the graphics engine to draw aircraft windows and some other parts of the aircraft very strangely.

I was never a fan of the MSFS camera system (why do i have to go into a separate drone mode where I must choose between moving the camera or flying the airplane? I can multi-task!) and thought FSR would alleviate those issues, but in a way it introduced more issues.

I have it and support it, but for now I also shelved it. You can send a PM to @FSRealistic if you're not getting help via e-mail or other avenues of support, but that's really all else I can think of. Good luck!

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I just got an update with some bug fixes, but unfortunately stil no autostart with MSFS, otherwise it's one of my favorite add-on's that gives more immersion to the Sim

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I have been using it since it came out, but never used the camera settings. Didn't even though they existed. 😏

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

40 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I just got an update with some bug fixes, but unfortunately stil no autostart with MSFS, otherwise it's one of my favorite add-on's that gives more immersion to the Sim

I use Addon Linker to auto-start MSFS with all the addons I need. Alternatively one could use the exe.xml to autostart it. In fact, most addons that have an autostart just add themselves to the exe.xml.

I still use FSrealistic and works fine but as the previous poster, I did not know it had camera settings as well. If you mean the walk-around mode, I used it once or twice and never again.

• Like 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

MSFS_AddonsLinker is your solution.

• Like 2

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I have FSRealistic auto-starting with the sim.

I *think* I did it via FSRealistic's options, although it is possible I set it up thru manually adding it to the exe.xml, I am not above such skullduggery.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

If you mean the walk-around mode, I used it once or twice and never again.

No not the walk around.  If you look at FSR's settings, it has it's own zoom level and camera height.  They can play havoc if/when they conflict with MSFS's own settings for the same.

I had high hopes for the walkaround, but the resolution and antialiasing would totally fail as soon as it was activated - leading to a pixelated mess.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I don’t really use it too much

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 hours ago, Ixoye said:

You have to install in another place where your MSFS install isn't. This fixed it for me. 

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Intel Core i9 10850k 5.0ghz, GeFore RTX 3080 , ASUSTek Prime Z490-V, 32GB DDR4 3600

Posted (edited)

I only use it for the sounds and the camera shake. Always thought it was great and an essential addon.

I run a batch file with all the startup programs (MSFS, TrackIR, AIFlow, FSRealistic etc) . Always been fine for what I need.

The F thing just zooms me right out, which I always got a little annoyed with if I was in say off in a window and typing something, but just needs mouse-rolling back in. Not annoying enough to go hunt for a keybind yet

Edited by Max Kraus

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Aviator_2024 said:

Their support is non existent. I asked a bunch of question on their main forum as well as emailed to their official email but no replies. Their camera stopped working with FSS Embraer and there are compatibility issues with SU15. Does anyone have that experience as well or know any other way contacting them. Its ridiculous!!

I never updated to the latest version (think I'm a couple version behind, v2.1.1) and have no issue.😐  Sometimes updating isn't always the better option (wait for others to take the plunge first hence the F35)...:ph34r:

If you have one of the older installers try a previous version and see if that helps.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yeah, looks like the developer has pretty much given up on significantly improving this. The walkaround mode is still a mess. I use with for the touchdown sounds.