Sign in to follow this  
raymar

What is going to happen when MSFS2024 arrives??

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

Close; when 2024 is released people will start using it and start complaining about it.

Or: the HYPE train has already left the station, didn’t have room for more, hence the people left at the station already started complaining about the hypothetical missing features. 

57 minutes ago, Krakin said:

They're only promising balloon rides?

I think there’s some rescue missions as well.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 4:11 AM, raymar said:

Do you expect a mass shift from MSFS2020 to MSFS2024, like from FSX to MSFS2020?  I wonder if we will be able to jump back and forth between the two for some period of time. Surely Microsoft/Asobo will not abandon MSFS2020 anytime soon.  Thoughts?  How about the major 3rd party guys, do you think they will shift priorities to the newer sim?

Just wondering. . . 

Regards,

Ray

There are always early adopters and those who tend to sit in a comfort zone. But the majority is likely those who have the both sim while still spending most of the swimming time in MSFS2020. I'd say the vast majority may be the latest group.

The switch from FS9 to FSX was not immediate. In 2009-2012 did we see many posts in AVSIM telling how much they still loved FS9 compared to FSX, and those kind of threads, although dead horse discussions, did successfully attract replies. And that's because of the solid stability of the FS9 and the variety of addons.

The pattern is not exactly the same although it is safe to say the switch may not be swift, especially what works in MSFS2020 will also work in 2024. 

However, there is a potential game changer, that is, when MSFS 2024 is so successfully optimizing CPU and GPU that it dramatically gives similar or even better performance than MSFS 2020. 

Edited by History
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Microsoft is filling their cloud, checking it twice...

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Is it going to be compatible with VR since launch?, if not, null interest of me in it till then.

• Like 3

On 3/21/2024 at 2:11 PM, raymar said:

Surely Microsoft/Asobo will not abandon MSFS2020 anytime soon.

I imagine 2020 development/maintenance will be over, but let's hope that 2020 (compatible) scenery servers will be maintained indefinitely, i.e. as long as there's a MSFS 20XX being maintained.  Which begs the question: no more servers -> no more MSFS?

I admit I won't be a day 0 purchaser, I'll watch it all unfold before jumping in.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

1 hour ago, History said:

However, there is a potential game changer, that is, when MSFS 2024 is so successfully optimizing CPU and GPU that it dramatically gives similar or even better performance than MSFS 2020.

If not we hope Bojote makes his work again meanwhile.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

What is going to happen when MSFS2024 arrives??

The real world will end, the virtual world will begin (with some stutters though) 

Edited by LIML2020
  • Like 3

I have doubts that something is going to happen. I have this strong feeling that there will be a huge delay...

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:11 PM, jcomm said:

I'll probably buy it, and then uninstall it in a row....

Unless Petrovich did some Miracle, I guess the same complaints I have of MSFS 2020 will keep me rather critic about anything regarding it's flight dynamics... Time will tell... Would love to be wrong ...

Remembering all the hype over CFD being implemented I won't be jumping up and down if they announce great advances in flight dynamics.

Seems the main differences will be in areas biased towards getting new gamers interested...which of course makes total sense

• Like 1

5 hours ago, peloto said:

Is it going to be compatible with VR since launch?, if not, null interest of me in it till then.

And if it has VR build in, I hope OpenXRToolkit will be too, or all functions integrated (which I doubt). Because only since using OpenXRToolkit, my VR looks stunning sharp. Things like Foveated Rendering are not implemented in MSFS yet, and this is needed for all users using High End Headsets....wihtout Foveated Rendering, Performance will drop signifcantly.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 3/22/2024 at 2:18 AM, Krakin said:

A weather system that can dynamically create tornadoes sounds very different to me.

I will settle for a weather system creating dangerous turbulences when flying in CBs, this is needed more often than tornadoes worldwide!... Along with a few cirrus clouds where appropriate.

Beside this a working ATC that would keep away the prospect of having to pay for something that is marginally better.

That would make it a month 6 purchase for me when -and if - the initial post-release dramas fade away, allowing me to - selfishly - sim when some will chase the bugs 👻

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

On 3/21/2024 at 5:24 PM, raymar said:

Six months from now or 6 months after release of FS2024?

Regards, Ray

Of course, after release.

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Or: the HYPE train has already left the station, 

Not sure. Seems to me the Hype train hasn’t left the depot yet?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mpo910 said:

And if it has VR build in, I hope OpenXRToolkit will be too, or all functions integrated (which I doubt). Because only since using OpenXRToolkit, my VR looks stunning sharp. Things like Foveated Rendering are not implemented in MSFS yet, and this is needed for all users using High End Headsets....wihtout Foveated Rendering, Performance will drop signifcantly.

Yes, and FS24 compatible with Windows Mixed Reality with actual W10-11 versions, WMR that is going to be in some months with the new Microsoft update or OS, incompatible.

Posted (edited)

Disregard. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310