Sign in to follow this  
raymar

What is going to happen when MSFS2024 arrives??

What will happen? I'll tell you what will happen.

Some people will be running around with their hair on fire.

Many others will be high (figuratively).

We'll see a number of  "woe me, I only get 60fps in 8K Super-Mega-Ultra settings with my RTX5090UltraTitaniumRectalEnlarger, what is wrong with Asobo?" posts.

Business as usual!

• Like 3

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

Posted (edited)

One thing is for sure If MS2024? arrives or not the world will still keep turning. Fact. Live life more seriously and not about games all the time.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'll jump into 2024 the 1st weekend after my favorite payware plane becomes available on the platform.

20 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

One thing is for sure If MS2024? arrives or not the world will still keep turning. Fact. Live life more seriously and not about games all the time.

To quote something I heard in the past. "It's not a life or death decision, it's much more serious than that."

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

so why would I be excited for the release of MSFS 2024? Curious, yes, but not excited

I will remind and quote you and all the other sceptics around here once MSFS2024 is released. let's see who wins the "how long you can hold it back" game. 😀

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

15 minutes ago, Matt Sdeel said:

I'll jump into 2024 the 1st weekend after my favorite payware plane becomes available on the platform.

I'd be glad to see my FS20 payware compatible with the new version ASAP of course but I had a lot of fun flying the XCub early on and am still flying a lot the default Cabri after 4 years. So I can wait a little.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The problem I have with MS 2024 is the potential to have to do a full uninstall of MS 2020 and go through the painful task of fully reinstalling a new version again and getting back everything "in line" like I have it now with MS 2020.  We've spent four years now fine tuning our sim and to think a new version could come in and say "LOL START OVER".. Hopefully it's more in line with how X-Plane does new versions and allows you to upgrade your existing version. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

A true flightsim fan will be in the queue at release time.  Those that say they will wait for a few weeks/months are not being truthful😁

Since it took me three years to upgrade from P3Dv4 to MSFS, I think that my intention to stand back and watch the drama unfold has some merit :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Msfs 2024 can create tornados, but can’t have a decent live traffic. 
a simulatir with bad live traffic is like a sky with pixelated clouds. 

18 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

What is going on here a lot of ? topics here. What are people afraid of.? Geez Relax Life goes on. Playing a game/sim on a wide screen is not the end of the world.

Ray was just asking a very normal, natural question that is in line with other threads on AVSIM.

No-one was getting over-excited or needed calming down. It was a discussion.

Why do you always bring a streak of condescending negativity to every  thread you join in on?

• Like 4

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Too soon to tell.

It will mainly depends on what msfs2024 will be and what it will bring compared to msfs.

It will also depends of it's stability and if the current add-on will be easily compatible with the new version.

If msfs2024 really start from the current status of msfs with improved ATC, improved features like a weather radar, improved default airports and new and improved default aircraft, then it will be a combo difficult to beat.

Some will tell, that we will have to pay again for the new sim but honnestly for most of us, with the amount of money we spend on add-ons for msfs, I really think the price of msfs2024 won't be a huge hurdle.

And even if asobo say that msfs will still be updated, history tell that their focus will mainly be on the new version. Developers may also take profit of new features in 2024, so soon or later msfs will become obsolete.

Posted (edited)

I'll buy 2024 at launch, but I'll keep 2020 installed along side it until everything is figured out regarding addons.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Krakin said:

Speaking of which, part of the Caribbean WU was a mandatory update and I don't remember the servers melting like they did for SU14. The launch of SU15 will be the true test  tho lol. As I said before, 2024's launch is not going to be like 2020's.

I would not be so sure. Can't wait till the day it comes for everyone to suffer.

2 hours ago, styckx said:

The problem I have with MS 2024 is the potential to have to do a full uninstall of MS 2020 and go through the painful task of fully reinstalling a new version again and getting back everything "in line" like I have it now with MS 2020.  We've spent four years now fine tuning our sim and to think a new version could come in and say "LOL START OVER".. Hopefully it's more in line with how X-Plane does new versions and allows you to upgrade your existing version. 

Honestly I would hope we could just simply upgrade from 2020 like purchasing through the marketplace for the new version.. Then again sometimes its nice to do a full reinstall.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Now in order to take advantage of the new capabilities in MSFS 2024... re-work like this some aircraft devs might do for free, some might charge, will have to wait/see. I'd lean towards them not charging for their existing released aircraft in the field (at least the established top-tier devs), but who knows.

THIS. Folks really need to understand that a 2020 addon in 2024 isn't going to magically inherit 2024 features. Asobo have stated that the new features have been designed to "stack" on top of the existing and not to interfere. Hence "most 2020 add-ons will just work".

And this shouldn't be a surprise as this is exactly how other iterative sim upgrades have gone (e.g., Prepar3D). 

I'll add that we will probably see MANY devs perform the absolute minimum compatibility fixes (esp those that have multiple add-ons for sale). Again, just as in P3D.

There will be a few who are savvy enough AND at the right point in their dev cycle to quickly release upgrades with new features.

I'd expect these to be the add-ons that are closest to Fully Native 2020 code.

Those that have proprietary code will face the greatest risk of game-breaking problems (e.g., MilViz in the change from P3D v4 to v5. What a train wreck that turned out to be...).

Itll all turn out fine in the end, just a matter of managing expectations and truly paying attention to the details. Just like now 😉

• Like 2