Sign in to follow this  
raymar

What is going to happen when MSFS2024 arrives??

Do you expect a mass shift from MSFS2020 to MSFS2024, like from FSX to MSFS2020?  I wonder if we will be able to jump back and forth between the two for some period of time. Surely Microsoft/Asobo will not abandon MSFS2020 anytime soon.  Thoughts?  How about the major 3rd party guys, do you think they will shift priorities to the newer sim?

Just wondering. . . 

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Posted (edited)

All depending on the following factors

1. Stability of the sim. If there is major issues with crashes, textures, stutters  and we will need to wait for several patches or hotfixes.

2. Addon compatibility. I think sceneries will be compatible almost from the get-go. Aircraft may take up to a 3-6 months ( just a ballpark figure) 

for people who have top-end systems( like myself) , i don't think sim performance will be an issue. 

i would say within 6 months MSFS20204 will be the dominant sim. 

Edited by planechaser
spelling
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, planechaser said:

Six months from now or 6 months after release of FS2024?

Regards, Ray

3 minutes ago, planechaser said:

All depending on the following factors

1. Stability of the sim. If there is major issues with crashes, textures, stutters  and we will need to wait for several patches or hotfixes.

2. Addon compatibility. I think sceneries will be compatible almost from the get-go. Aircraft may take up to a 3-6 months ( just a ballpark figure) 

for people who have top-end systems( like myself) , i don't think sim performance will be an issue. 

Exactly, although I expect aircraft to be compatible much quicker. Me personally I will wait until 2024 is stable (CTDs!), everything I fly is compatible and the first addon arrives that I want and that only can be used in MSFS 2024. I don't think the general improvements will be that big for my kind of simming, so I can wait it out.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, raymar said:

Six months from now or 6 months after release of FS2024?

Regards, Ray

6 months after release

6 months from now because it’ll be an instabuy for me. As for any msfs franchise since v4. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Since it will be on GamePass I am sure the total number of users will be higher on 2024 from the day of release. Regarding AVsim users I am not so sure. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Posted (edited)

What is going on here a lot of ? topics here. What are people afraid of.? Geez Relax Life goes on. Playing a game/sim on a wide screen is not the end of the world.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I put up a poll on this forum immediately after MSFS2024 was announced. The vast majority here said that MSFS2024 would be a day-one purchase for them.

• Like 3

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

38 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I put up a poll on this forum immediately after MSFS2024 was announced. The vast majority here said that MSFS2024 would be a day-one purchase for them.

Thanks for the post.

Ray

The only thing we know for sure is that the community will be in an uproar about one thing or another.  No matter how well it actually goes.  🙂

• Like 14

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Posted (edited)

What's going to happen?

On hearing MSFS2024 has released, 95% of MSFS2020 flight simmers will respond like this:

spacer.png

Depends on the availability of payware aircraft, but I expect a lot of people to buy MSFS2024 on day one, if only to see what the improvements look like for themselves.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, raymar said:

I wonder if we will be able to jump back and forth between the two for some period of time. Surely Microsoft/Asobo will not abandon MSFS2020 anytime soon. 

For sure re: jumping back and forth.. and that some period of time will be in the order of a few years per what Jorg+Seb said in various interviews at last year's FSExpo.

i.e: https://www.helisimmer.com/interview/msfs-2024-helicopters-future-msfs-2020

Sergio: Microsoft indicated that MSFS (2020) will still be supported going forward and everyone seems to be freaking out because they think the world is ending. After all, that support will end soon, right? Or is it?
Jorg: I think the general perception needs to be, in 2020 support continues, right? We want to make this great. When feasible, when there's improvements in 2024, we are thinking about backporting as feasible. We don't know if everything can be, most likely not everything. But we'll try, you know, make it as good as we can.
Sergio: I asked Jorg if they had any idea of how many years we would expect support to continue.
Jorg: I do. But I'm not going to tell exactly what year is simply because things change. But the plan is for many years to come. At least a handful. Let's put it that way. That's probably a safe way to say it.

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

There will be a mass exodus from day one and I'm confident 2024 will have a much smoother launch than 2020 did because the team is a lot more experienced now. Let's also not forget that on some level, 2024 is a massive fix for issues we've had with 2020.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.