Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

This Black Square Duke engine start video is amazing...

Posted (edited)

This will be superb.  As good as A2A standard if not better.  I am really impressed.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 20

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Yes, this looks excellent.

• Like 3

This is wild...I was not expecting this amount of detail....

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

That does look amazing, that is "Challenger" level of detail - nice to see it come to MSFS......

...... now if they'll do a bizjet next.. .. 😉 

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Amazing. Sometimes though, life is too short isn't it? 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

46 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Amazing. Sometimes though, life is too short isn't it? 

Lol, my list of aircraft I'm flying gets longer & longer. Don't normally fly props, but have such good memories of the RealAir turbine Duke...

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Quite impressive the extend to which Black Square has gone in the simulation. For me, this is the meaning of study level! If it proves to be as fully developed as the videos show I think it surpasses A2A in terms of system modelling and depth; we will then need to see the quality of the flight model. All that aside, I am really impressed by the quality of aircraft that are appearing in MSFS now and we can only expect this to advance further. How far we have come.

Dan Scott

33 minutes ago, Cognita said:

we will then need to see the quality of the flight model.

The Blacksquare TBM is my favourite so far, and it flies really well.  Really looking forward to the Duke.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

That does look amazing, that is "Challenger" level of detail - nice to see it come to MSFS......

...... now if they'll do a bizjet next.. .. 😉 

G

Yup. If HotStart think they'll always be the most detail oriented dev out there, they have another thing coming. Hats off to A2A for showing us what is possible and I am loving JF's drive to push the envelope.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Although impressive, of course in real life you do not have a tablet to monitor the inside of the engine during startup. Therefore I doubt I'll use it much, if at all. Same as with the A2A Comanche.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

If HotStart think they'll always be the most detail oriented dev out there, they have another thing coming.

To be fair, what Black Square does for the engine, HotStart did for the entire airplane, all systems, even the freaking GPS satellites are modelled. And it's a modern jet, a lot more complicated than a prop plane. I think HotStart won't lose no sleep over this (although they might lose sleep over the X-Plane situation, but that's another topic of its own).

• Like 2

As a CFI the engine schematics look good enough for real world training 

• Like 2

David Porrett

IFR clearance void. You spent too much time figuring out how to start the engines. 😁

• Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.