Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

The best looking aircraft of all time…

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Convair B-58 Hustler

A mean-looking, awe-inspiring sister. Doomsday raw power.

Delivering 3.8 megatons of annihilation at supersonic speed, so glad it never flew its intended mission.  I remember seeing one on the ground at a Mather Field airshow when I was 5.   It proudly wore the SAC emblem and was roped off to close public access.

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

My opinion hasn't ever changed since I was kid. The Albatross D.III (the D.II is close but doesn't look quite as predatory).

spacer.png

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

12 hours ago, trainnut said:

Both hard to work on & unreliable.😁

Which no bearing on their looks.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I'll say F/A-18.

It really captured my imagination when I first saw one and then saw the Blue Angles preform at airshows. To me, the perfect distillation of power and agility.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I always liked the Handley Page Victor.

Handley Page Victor | British Strategic Nuclear Bomber And In-Flight  Refueling Tanker

• Like 2

Dugald Walker

Never saw an airplane that I didn’t thunk was a beauty. Even gangly looking helicopters.

• Like 1

Vic green

35 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Never saw an airplane that I didn’t thunk was a beauty. Even gangly looking helicopters.

Isa1oos.jpg

Hold my beer.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

16 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Isa1oos.jpg

Hold my beer.

Now THAT is stunning!! Guess it's French? Just what we need for our sims.

My tie for my 1st Place is the XB-70 Valkyrie & the Tupolev Tu-160 White Swan.  

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

A lot of gorgeous aircraft in this thread.

For me, the aircraft that looks the most like I think an aircraft should look is the DC-3.  Does it look beautiful, or does it just look right?

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

9 hours ago, martin-w said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Vulcan

'Head' is too bulbous for me, which is a shame because the design (apart from the cockpit placement) is great otherwise. The H.P. Victor's cockpit is better integrated into the fuselage design, IMHO.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Another good one, Lockheed Electra 12A

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Which no bearing on their looks.

*has

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

7 hours ago, LHookins said:

A lot of gorgeous aircraft in this thread.

For me, the aircraft that looks the most like I think an aircraft should look is the DC-3.  Does it look beautiful, or does it just look right?

Hook

There are aircraft which don’t need to be good looking, They carry such an emotional load, at least for older people, that they transcend beauty.. The Dc3 has been here for so long, she is a link to our past. And she was a humble but decisive bird of freedom, WW2 , Berlin airlift. I boarded a Dc-3 and a C47 in SE Asia 50 years ago,. I felt I was part of history 😁.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

10 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

You have a point here, anything leaving the ground andmoving through the air all by itself reflects the beauty of the human mind.

Now about looking gangly, I have a personal fondness for the Lockheed U-2 Dragon Lady

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam