Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

The best looking aircraft of all time…

My favourite is the McDonnell-Douglas MD-11. There's nothing like it.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Boeing 747-series in my book!
Boeing 747-400 is probably my preference. 

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Posted (edited)

If I was to restrict myself to Airliners I don't think anything can touch the VC10

spacer.png

Lets face it when put against this model of elegance an A380 looks like the fat girl you had to sit next to in school

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt
  • Like 3

Airliner: 707

Biz: Falcon 8X

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Tupolev Tu-144. 

For pure aesthetic attraction ... I really do like several older De Havilland designs, the pre-war DH88 Comet Racer, the DH104 Dove, the original DH106 Comet (despite it's design faults) and the DH114 Heron all appeal to my eyes 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

727-100 for me, please. That's the plane that made me fall in love with aviation.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

7 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

edit...also a bit puzzled where the number 8  and 4 on each side comes from?

I was regarding the B36 as having three radials and one jet engine on each side.  Did not realize it was actually two jet engines on each side.  BTW, an uncle of mine was a flight engineer on a B36 that was converted into a mid-air refueler near the end of its service.  He later was one of the initial crew members on C5A's at its outset.

"Beginning with the B-36D, Convair added a pair of General Electric J47-19 jet engines suspended near the end of each wing; these were also retrofitted to all extant B-36Bs. Consequently, the B-36 was configured to have 10 engines, six radial propeller engines and four jet engines"

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

31 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Did not realize it was actually two jet engines on each side.

"Six turning, four burning."

Dugald Walker

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Vulcan. And of course, as Ray will know, same engines as Concorde.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I really like Alice, and I've told her so.  😉

Eviation’s Alice is about to Make its First Flight

F22 looks stunning of course.

r/FighterJets - What is the best looking Jet for your opinion. I start first. F-22 Raptor.

Edited by martin-w