Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

The best looking aircraft of all time…

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2024 at 2:46 PM, ryanbatc said:

Lancair Legacy (LEG2) 

'Fastest piston single'

Let's hope Black Square dazzles us with one some day!

53645889093_5a6ee8415a_o.jpgleg2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

The Blackwing BW 635RG: Fastest Two-Seater Aircraft | Specs and Costs (youtube.com)

Blackwing BW 635RG - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

spacer.png

Edited by bofhlusr

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

9 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Now THAT is stunning!! Guess it's French?

Yes, it's French; a Farman F120. There were several versions of it, some with just two engines. It exemplifies why the history of aviation development is so interesting.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

12 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Yes, it's French; a Farman F120. 

Henri Farman !  As we celebrate the 120th anniversary of the Entente Cordiale 🇫🇷🇬🇧, it is just proper to mention him. He was born Harry F. in Paris from British parents and lived all his life in France, He actually became a French national when he was 63 ! Racing cyclist, car racer, aviation pioneer and industrialist. What a man. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, F737MAX said:

The H.P. Victor's cockpit is better integrated into the fuselage design, IMHO.

I nearly included the Victor. Looks like something from Star Wars. Saw it at Cosford Museum. Incredible thing. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

Never saw an airplane that I didn’t thunk was a beauty

I challenge you to like the look of this thing... 🤔

Otto Aviation unveils the Celera 500L, an Aircraft that can Change  Everything

• Upvote 1

757 / Concorde / Constellation.....???

In the end I'd go for Connie for curves are nicer than the straight lines!!!

The Boeing 737 BBJ.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It is also available with this furniture for people who prefer a more old-style passenger cabin:

spacer.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

There are aircraft which don’t need to be good looking, They carry such an emotional load, at least for older people, that they transcend beauty.. The Dc3 has been here for so long, she is a link to our past. And she was a humble but decisive bird of freedom, WW2 , Berlin airlift. I boarded a Dc-3 and a C47 in SE Asia 50 years ago,. I felt I was part of history 😁.

Well they do look friendly..

spacer.png

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

9 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Henri Farman !  As we celebrate the 120th anniversary of the Entente Cordiale 🇫🇷🇬🇧, it is just proper to mention him. He was born Harry F. in Paris from British parents and lived all his life in France, He actually became a French national when he was 63 ! Racing cyclist, car racer, aviation pioneer and industrialist. What a man. 

I didn't know any of that - thanks. Yes, the Entente Cordiale anniversary - I think it's great that we've swapped palace guards. France now guards King Charles III. 😁

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I've always been a fan of the B17. Got a chance to fly in the Aluminum Overcast when my wife gave me a ticket for our 25th anniversary (almost 10 years ago now....!). Such a good time.

spacer.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, martin-w said:

I challenge you to like the look of this thing... 🤔

Otto Aviation unveils the Celera 500L, an Aircraft that can Change  Everything

Ready to Implode

Guys let's close this thread. We all know the most beautiful aircraft of all times will Always be the Concorde. Until another 'Concorde' is built or a better one, these type of threads are useless. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A bit of an odd one but I do think the Savoia-Marchetti S.M. 79 is the best looking one (or at least one of the better looking ones) 😊

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Blasb
  • Like 1

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

To add to the above, I think the first picture is actually an iteration of the 73 model (but cant really say whether I prefer the 73 or the 79 to be honest, they are both really good looking)😄

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU