Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Here is a screen  shot I just took flying from KMIA to KCHS.  I am over an overcast of CU clouds, but if you look at the upper left of the screen, I see an area of clearing skies. So much for the same weather everywhere. Active SKy Presets on. 

Bob, that’s very interesting. Great looking screenshots too by the way. Those clouds absolutely don’t look worse than default!

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

18 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

There was a time when users who found a possible issue with a flightsim addon went to the appropriate support forum to either get help there or even help the developer fix the possible issue.

Nowadays everybody seems to create a video, not to get support by the developer, but instead to give it a ridiculous,  hyperbolic clickbait title and load it up to youtube to get clicks for his channel. That is what is totally useless.

Not sure about anyone else But I've never visited Avisim?

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Bob, that’s very interesting. Great looking screenshots too by the way. Those clouds absolutely don’t look worse than default!

Here is another shot about 30 miles later. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Here is another shot about 30 miles later. 

Sumptuous 👌🏻 Oh well, I’ve spent enough time on the forum, it’s sim time!

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Here is a screen  shot I just took flying from KMIA to KCHS.  I am over an overcast of CU clouds, but if you look at the upper left of the screen, I see an area of clearing skies. So much for the same weather everywhere. Active SKy Presets on. 

Interesting. Would love to see a 5-10 Min Video of this flight, this would certainly clear things up. My bet is on nicely timed screenshots of ActiveSky being on the way to change from one preset to another and not uniformely clearing (or filling) up the sky. While this might result in some non-uniform skies for a defined period of time, it has absolutely nothing to do with a proper depiction of a weather front and my example with flying over the Alps. 

Do not get me wrong here Bob, I would LOVE if someone is able to show me a true weatherfront in AS, I would instantly dump REX (which is clearly unable to do so, I tested this several times). But HiFi Simulations most probably called their weather mode "... preset" for a reason.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Approaching Charleston, weather is getting icky. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Interesting. Would love to see a 5-10 Min Video of this flight, this would certainly clear things up. My bet is on nicely timed screenshots of ActiveSky being on the way to change from one preset to another and not uniformely clearing (or filling) up the sky. While this might result in some non-uniform skies for a defined period of time, it has absolutely nothing to do with a proper depiction of a weather front and my example with flying over the Alps. 

Do not get me wrong here Bob, I would LOVE if someone is able to show me a true weatherfront in AS, I would instantly dump REX (which is clearly unable to do so, I tested this several times). But HiFi Simulations most probably called their weather mode "... preset" for a reason.

Nobody has ever claimed ASFS could show weather fronts in "Preset Mode". It can't.

What people try to point out though is that weather presets in MSFS not necessarily have to look uniform from horizon to horizon. Presets can look immersive, and they do with ASFS.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

Just now, Bond said:

They want videos @Bobsk8, VIDEOS! 😄

Awesome shots.

I don't make  videos, someone makes them, let them post them. 😉

6 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I agree with you on this.

Preset means : everywhere around you the same weather

When going from one preset to the other you will see transitions 

- -

Only in Passive mode you will see different weather conditions around you or passing by in the distance 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Preset means : everywhere around you the same weather

Exactly, thanks for putting the correct words here. My wording was not precise enough...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

21 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Do not get me wrong here Bob, I would LOVE if someone is able to show me a true weatherfront in AS,

This question is asked and answered many times.

ASFS, Rex or xEnviro will not show fronts in the distance. These products will make several transition steps as the front is approached. You will see high cloud, lower stratus type, then cumulus and eventually low cloud, low Vis and rain. The only bit you will miss out on is cloud in the distance.  The rate the weather transitions is selectable by the user.  At low settings the weather changes slowly.

In my personal view, MSFS no longer shows fronts in the distance, it just shows cumulus on the horizon.  Very different in the early days when fronts were fantastic. Products like ASFS  are now very worthwhile, because the weather around the aircraft is displayed more convincingly.

• Like 6

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Guess where I am? I keep getting amazed by how good the sim can look. 

R74lbhI.jpeg

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

keep getting amazed by how good the sim can look. 

I just finished some testing flights for the FSW Lear and AS around ENSD in Norway. Similar scenery wherever yours is!

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

In my personal view, MSFS no longer shows fronts in the distance, it just shows cumulus on the horizon.  Very different in the early days when fronts were fantastic. Products like ASFS  are now very worthwhile, because the weather around the aircraft is displayed more convincingly.

Yea, that is a good point about fronts really just being clouds. AS has been a worthwhile investment but it also reminded me of how substantially the weather in MSFS has regressed since its release. I really hope they address this in 2024.

• Like 1

Dan Scott