Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Do you typically have Photogrammetry ON or OFF? User Poll

Do you typically have Photogrammetry ON or OFF? User Poll  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you typically have Photogrammetry ON or OFF? User Poll

• I typically have Photogrammetry ON
    • I typically have Photogrammetry OFF

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/21/2024 at 09:51 AM

I have it on, performance is the same on or off for me.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I'd rather turn it OFF for the mentioned reasons (better visuals), but unfortunately some iniBuilds airports (KJFK for example) become unusable like this (huge bumps in the runways). So I leave it on in order not to die on the rollout.

I had it ON always but recently I gave up on it, I do not like that look of deformed buildings

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

Always on for me. It's a mixed bag - some places are good, some bad, and also some times it's all good, others bad, but overall as I'm primarily using this (or any) sim as a world sim with the added benefit of planes to fly around in, it's a must have.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

3 hours ago, Mike44 said:

I'm usually offline for not be exposed to hackers etc. But from time to time I fly online to see the nice photorealistic textures. Wish I could save them on HD for later offline flights. 

😆

Posted (edited)

I am a low and slow VFR flyer (even though I fly the PMDG 737-600), and I have PG switched OFF. The next generation autogen is light years beyond anything that can be seen in P3D, and I think it looks excellent even at low altitudes (or from the ground). Whilst I would like to see specific landmark buildings in cities (and I do have a few city landmark addon packs to partly compensate for this), PG has too many problems for me to be comfortable with it.

On a side note, I think that airport developers need to consider users who do not use PG. I have not seen any problems at the airports that I use, but I do not know if this is just pure luck, or because most developers take non PG users into account when they create their products. I would hope that it is the latter.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Most time I sit in front of my PC, not daring to switch it on, due to all the hackers and trojans and villains, oh, I am so scared …

🙂

Is nt PG just the highlight of MSFS?  Without PG I can go back and fly on FSX - the flight model much better and less CTDs.

Turned off for me i think it looks and works pretty bad 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

6 hours ago, Mike44 said:

I'm usually offline for not be exposed to hackers etc.

I'm sorry what 😅

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Always on for me. It's a mixed bag - some places are good, some bad, and also some times it's all good, others bad, but overall as I'm primarily using this (or any) sim as a world sim with the added benefit of planes to fly around in, it's a must have.

Exactly this.👍 I have it on all the time and when it works correctly it's fantastic,  other times....approach into Heathrow, look down and yep, someone's taken a blowtorch to West London again....

1 hour ago, PTI139 said:

......Isn't PG just the highlight of MSFS?  Without PG I can go back and fly on FSX - the flight model much better and less CTDs.

I suggest that you quit your day job, and become a professional comedian. You appear to have natural talent :wink:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, Alvega said:

I used to have PG off with my old rig for performance reasons, but always on since I got the new one.

Your system is the same as the one I just bought.  It's amazing...........

Jase

• Like 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

i always have it on.  In fact without it I'd probably still just fly P3D. 

• Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Posted (edited)

For a long time I was not a fan of photogrammetry, but it has improved, in quality and extent of coverage, to the point that I now have it on always. The difference in realism, especially in cities I am familiar with, e.g., New York, L.A., Chicago, London, and others, is enormous. The recent Southwest German Cities upgrade includes Heidelberg, which with PG on is mind-blowing! Turning off PG, for me, is like going back to FSX or FS9 when I fly in urban areas. And as I see little or no difference in performance, there is no advantage in turning it off.

Edited by cobalt