Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Captainsim C130?

Posted (edited)

40 USD includes a full cockpit which looks pretty good.

This looks comparable to Carenado level product - not a bad thing if you're looking to buzz the skies with a classic C130.

edit: I don't see anything about sounds... so they're probably using king air sounds which wouldn't be a good fit.

https://captainsim.net/products/m130/m133/

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Finally. Perhaps P3D level? Can live with that. I want to fly circles at EHEH.

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

The screenshots don't look half bad.

• Upvote 1

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Looks good to me. Feels like this will turn out to have been an expensive few days for me!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Visually looking good, It will be interesting to see what the flight modelling is like, and what works in the cockpit.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I think 'replica' is not a correct word for their products, but visually looks good as always

Artur 

That’s a pretty good looking VC I must admit.

I’ll be interested to find out how it flies, sounds and if free repaints are available.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

As far as I can remember from my FSX/P3D days, that VC is not just a port over. Good detail and textures.

If Captain Sim turns their company around they have SO MUCH potential. I Loved their products in the early sim days, had basically all of them! This cockpit looks incredible and seems to me they are heading back in the right direction. Yes it will be a while to gain respect and customers again but this might be the start! 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| Ryzen 7 7800x3D | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS X670E-E ROG Strix | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

Looks great! I like that they've built a "classic" version and not a -J Super Hercules, although that would have been cool too.

My father flew these when I was a kid, so I have a lot of nostalgia looking at that cockpit. 

I hope they got the sounds right, the reverse thrust sound on these could make the hairs on your arms stand up. 

• Like 3

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Who’s gonna take the plunge for the rest of us? 😁

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Nothing about the flight model in the description is worrying, however it does look good. 

8 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

40 USD includes a full cockpit which looks pretty good.

This looks comparable to Carenado level product - not a bad thing if you're looking to buzz the skies with a classic C130.

edit: I don't see anything about sounds... so they're probably using king air sounds which wouldn't be a good fit.

https://captainsim.net/products/m130/m133/

I purchased the version for FS9 and FSX years ago, and never really flew it because of the bad flight dynamics and terrible sounds and 2D panel. They lost me years ago as a customer because of their way of selling you parts of a system instead of a complete aircraft. Their eye candy of the C130 was great but that's about all. they have to do a much better job with their C130 before I bite again.

• Like 1

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Looking good ( was in the old FSX days ) is this a "working" Cockpit anyone knows ?

This would be a NEW way of Captain Sim then, like back to the old FSX days..

That would be great !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Looks great! I like that they've built a "classic" version and not a -J Super Hercules, although that would have been cool too.

My father flew these when I was a kid, so I have a lot of nostalgia looking at that cockpit. 

I hope they got the sounds right, the reverse thrust sound on these could make the hairs on your arms stand up. 

Another dev else is working on the -J right now.

Sadly I'm blanking on the dev name

Edit: Blackbird Simulations

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1